starting to read comics

Options
greatgodman
greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in Quite Comical
a new colisuem open in my area. i always wanted to read comic books but the area i live in brooklyn never had a comic book store close by. now i am in florida looking for something to pass the time.can any of you give some suggestion on books that read. i like action, mystery or suspence. it can be really ? up book that close to reality. alot of blood is a nice touch. sex is also a plus but not nessaru. something like the comic freak angels( if yall heard about it)

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    check out The Boys, Preacher, and Punisher Max. All written by a man called Garth Ennis, who supplies plenty of sex and violence in his books.
  • greatgodman
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i know that the comic book store by me store back issues but that have them in boxes. i really want to get into green lanterns when they was having that wars with the other rings. or world war hulk.
  • greatgodman
    edited October 2010
    Options
    check out The Boys, Preacher, and Punisher Max. All written by a man called Garth Ennis, who supplies plenty of sex and violence in his books.

thank for the recommendation. the boys and preacher looks promising. i know about the punisher already so i might look for that too.
  • earth two superman
    edited October 2010
    Options
    np, if theres superheroes that seem to interest you in any way, let me know and i can recommend good storyline for them.

if you want to get into green lantern, i suggest you start with Green Lantern: Rebirth.
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited October 2010
    Options
    a new colisuem open in my area. i always wanted to read comic books but the area i live in brooklyn never had a comic book store close by. now i am in florida looking for something to pass the time.can any of you give some suggestion on books that read. i like action, mystery or suspence. it can be really ? up book that close to reality. alot of blood is a nice touch. sex is also a plus but not nessaru. something like the comic freak angels( if yall heard about it)

The Walking Dead by Image. Also by Image Chew and Morning Glories

If you like comic freak angels then you would probably liked the Sword by Image comics. the series ended this summer.
    http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=30758

You might also like Azrael by DC Comics. http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/15760_x.pdf
  • earth two superman
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oh yeah i can definitely agree on Chew. its probably my favorite non-DC book out right now.