So How Will Nicki Minaj Do Against Kanye, 11/22?

12346»

Comments

• 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Iuno guys... I think Nicki will do numbers reason why ? b/c the expectations for her are low & the fanbase and promotion is there and boy is it heavy. like her or not but shes got #1 singles & IS the hottest female rapper in YEARS. On top of that she has the machine behind her & drops the same day Wayne come out. Im estimating atleast 350k - 520k in her first week. Ye I think will do about 660k to maybe a million in his first week but i wouldnt be surprised if he only did 400k or if Nicki outsold him. I told ? b4 that i think Nicki would outsell Drake... will she ? i dont know but we will find out... i believe she will atleast reach platinum.

& btw the ? Cham aint lying tho... if u pay attention not ONE of the G.O.O.D Friday joints have landed #1 yet.... its been 3 singles (out of 10 singles total) that charted decent (in the 20s or 30s) & its almost 3 months later now... AND he has a 35 minute movie and the anticipation behind him but still he hasnt touched number 1 yet (the point im tryna make is that this is the first time hes released an album that hasnt charted w/ singles touching #1 its kinda difficult to see this record doin big numbers w/o that big single behind it). So far Nicki has had one #1 single (Your Love), two #2 singles & 3 other joints that reached the top 10. The way I see it she has a much stronger buzz than Ye & that next duet single w/ Drake or Wayne will carry her sales thru the roof.

The general consensus is that Ye will CRUSH her come sales time but lets wait n see. Im sayin dont underestimate her. Either Ye will sell say a milli his first week & then fall off in sales (much like Jay w/ Kingdom Come) or he'll do about 600k (then another 300-400k the next week then stagnate). Nicki Minaj I predict will do atleast 350k but if she gets Wayne on a track w/ her or a collabo w/ a major artist for a major single then I could see her doin 500k. thats my 2 cents....

your love peaked on the hot 100 at 14. runaway peaked at 12.

given that nicki's singles are obvious attempts at crossover chart topping (repetitive hook, out of place annoying autotune, etc.), nicki SHOULDVE had better singles than Kanye.
    I
    seriously one of kanye's singles featured an unknown producer, the other a B level MC, and the other was over 5 minutes long. none of them really attempted to go #1. regardless of chart success, POWER is still everywhere...commercials, sporting events, tv shows, etc. i would liken it to some of michael jackson's singles that didn't reach high chart status but were still unavoidable because of the beat or video.

nicki's not in kanye's league as a pop artist. not even close. i could see nick doing about 150,000 in one week, but i could also see her pulling a gucci mane and getting 80,000. if she released in september, she would do 70-90,000. kanye could release anytime and push 500,000 copies.
  • Rick The Ruler
    Rick The Ruler Members Posts: 114
    edited October 2010
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Iuno guys... I think Nicki will do numbers reason why ? b/c the expectations for her are low & the fanbase and promotion is there and boy is it heavy. like her or not but shes got #1 singles & IS the hottest female rapper in YEARS. On top of that she has the machine behind her & drops the same day Wayne come out. Im estimating atleast 350k - 520k in her first week. Ye I think will do about 660k to maybe a million in his first week but i wouldnt be surprised if he only did 400k or if Nicki outsold him. I told ? b4 that i think Nicki would outsell Drake... will she ? i dont know but we will find out... i believe she will atleast reach platinum.

& btw the ? Cham aint lying tho... if u pay attention not ONE of the G.O.O.D Friday joints have landed #1 yet.... its been 3 singles (out of 10 singles total) that charted decent (in the 20s or 30s) & its almost 3 months later now... AND he has a 35 minute movie and the anticipation behind him but still he hasnt touched number 1 yet (the point im tryna make is that this is the first time hes released an album that hasnt charted w/ singles touching #1 its kinda difficult to see this record doin big numbers w/o that big single behind it). So far Nicki has had one #1 single (Your Love), two #2 singles & 3 other joints that reached the top 10. The way I see it she has a much stronger buzz than Ye & that next duet single w/ Drake or Wayne will carry her sales thru the roof.

The general consensus is that Ye will CRUSH her come sales time but lets wait n see. Im sayin dont underestimate her. Either Ye will sell say a milli his first week & then fall off in sales (much like Jay w/ Kingdom Come) or he'll do about 600k (then another 300-400k the next week then stagnate). Nicki Minaj I predict will do atleast 350k but if she gets Wayne on a track w/ her or a collabo w/ a major artist for a major single then I could see her doin 500k. thats my 2 cents....

what the ? are you talking about. those weren't singles

single number 1 - power
    number 2 - runaway
    number 3 - monster (just released on itunes)

its funny how when kanye drops freebies every friday he still got more buzz than nicki 'worst ? rapper to pick up mic, like seriously, at least gucci and soulja aint trying to be lryical, so that stanky ass ? better ? off' minaj

all her singles have been disgusting
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I had no clue that Kanye was releasing the G.O.O.D. Fridays for the purpose that they'd be on the charts. I thought he was just giving throwaways for the purpose of giving fans free music. My bad.

(DETECT THE SARCASM)
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    buying pink friday if you're a heterosexual male is = to buying ? pads and tampons. If not then you are either in Nicky's immediate family, a member of young money or a ?
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    $pyda wrote: »
    I had no clue that Kanye was releasing the G.O.O.D. Fridays for the purpose that they'd be on the charts. I thought he was just giving throwaways for the purpose of giving fans free music. My bad.

(DETECT THE SARCASM)

I agree and thats why none of those songs will be on the album. Since he did it for his fans.

Getwitcha
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    still a very interesting thread with a lot of contrasts...
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited October 2010
    I agree and thats why none of those songs will be on the album. Since he did it for his fans.

Getwitcha

What are there? Like 10 GOOD Friday songs and about 2-3 of them are on the album? None which are singles except Runaway to begin with and he said that the songs are going to be mixed and mastered differently from what we've already heard. Not too concerned about Ye's album. So yes, those GOOD Fridays are still throwaways.

$pyda
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    What are there? Like 10 GOOD Friday songs and about 2-3 of them are on the album? None which are singles to begin with and he said that the songs are going to be mixed and mastered differently from what we've already heard. Not too concerned about Ye's album.

I saw where Kanye said the tracklist floatin around is not the album tracklist
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited October 2010
    ptowndonte wrote: »

Where? I hope it isnt the set tracklist but I'm almost positive it will be since the film basically previewed all the songs anyway. The only thing I read recently was that all the songs are going to sound different when the album drops.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    ptowndonte wrote: »

Yea I think I heard that too. He didn't even give the label the album yet did he?
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    What are there? Like 10 GOOD Friday songs and about 2-3 of them are on the album? None which are singles except Runaway to begin with and he said that the songs are going to be mixed and mastered differently from what we've already heard. Not too concerned about Ye's album. So yes, those GOOD Fridays are still throwaways.

$pyda

So he is putting admitted throwaway songs on his album and you people are still going to purchase it? Wow. So at this point Kanye can do no wrong because his fans will accept anything he does.

Getwitcha
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    shenco wrote: »
    Yea I think I heard that too. He didn't even give the label the album yet did he?

I'm not sure
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2010
    So he is putting admitted throwaway songs on his album and you people are still going to purchase it? Wow. So at this point Kanye can do no wrong because his fans will accept anything he does.

Getwitcha

False. Only Good Friday songs that are on the album are Runaway, Power, and Monster. Other than that the rest are on the Good Fridays mixtape
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010

He turned it in two days after he debuted the Runaway movie.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    what the ? are you talking about. those weren't singles

single number 1 - power
    number 2 - runaway
    number 3 - monster (just released on itunes)
    That's what he's talking about.
    POWER - debuted @ #22 (I think), dropped to 29 in its second week. then never saw the Top 40 again.
    Runaway - debuted @ #12, dropped to #32 in its second week, will probably be around #50 or worse when the charts come out tomorrow.
    Monster is gonna debut next week in the Top 40...but how long is it gonna last?

High debuts and quick fall off are not impressive for someone as big as Kanye...and none of Ye's singles are STICKING like he would want them to.
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    Its the tracklist thats on Amazon.com and iTunes pre-orders. Minus maybe adding a few tracks, its official.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2010
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Its the tracklist thats on Amazon.com and iTunes pre-orders. Minus maybe adding a few tracks, its official.

That's a straight tracklisiting eff what y'all talking about
  • usmarin3
    edited October 2010
    Who ? seriously think Runaway and Monster are singles? lol Neither one of them have a video to it and are single material, just because something is released to Itunes doesn't make it a official single. Singles have marketing, video, radio friendly hooks,etc to them, i don't get that with neither songs. Power was more a street song too
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Who ? seriously think Runaway and Monster are singles? lol Neither one of them have a video to it and are single material, just because something is released to Itunes doesn't make it a official single. Singles have marketing, video, radio friendly hooks,etc to them, i don't get that with neither songs. Power was more a street song too

Runaway has a video. They been using the scene from the movie
  • KillaCham
    edited October 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    How aren't they singles? All 3 of those songs were released as digital singles, all of those songs were sent for radio adds, all 3 will be on the album...

What is your definition of a single if none of those qualify as singles?

That's a straight tracklisiting eff what y'all talking about
    I just wish we hadn't heard half of the album already.
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    "I can't say right this instant because we're still mixing them," 'Ye replied. "And we got a few bonus tracks, like 'See Me Now,' 'Mama's Boy' and some bonus tracks after that. There's like 13 or 14 songs ... maybe 'Chain Heavy' will be on there. We have to make a decision by tomorrow. So there's maybe 13 or 14 tracks, but they're way produced. Far from any bootleg, far from any hacker. A hacker, man, can't give you what I can give you once it's the whole product."'
  • usmarin3
    edited October 2010
    Runaway has a video. They been using the scene from the movie

That's not the official video, Kanye himself said that after it was premiered. Someone just cut the scene out and posted it as a video, the ? is 9 minutes long for ? sakes.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited October 2010

Getwitcha

Lmao what a clown. Yeh I'm STILL gonna purchase it, pardon the other 10 songs and 3 bonus tracks that'll be on the album. I didnt know 3 GOOD Friday tracks made the whole album.

$pyda
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Not a big Kanye Fan but I would be Lying if Isaid he was not going to be the Big Winner that week...