Pigeon John: Dragon Slayer - October 12th release

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Essence
pigeon-john.jpg

Just been reading the review over at rapreviews.com, seems like another quality release from the man who brought us 'The Summertime Pool Party', which was widely regarded as one of the best albums of 2006, here at least. It's been a long time to wait for his next studio album, all's that's been in between was a mixtape, 'Featuring Pigeon John 2'. The release is slated for an October 12th release... I can't wait!

Anyone else eagerly awaiting this release?

Here's some tracks for anyone who isn't up on him:

Comments

• RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    ... this is huge news...
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited September 2010
    Awesome. I'm a big Pigeon John fan. Can't wait for this.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    skeep wrote: »
    Awesome. I'm a big Pigeon John fan. Can't wait for this.

Yes! Knew I wasn't alone, this dude is creative and talented beyond any limits. I read that he handles a lot of the production too... really can't wait for it though. Summertime Pool Party was a classic IMO. Really original and that's what makes dude such a talent in the underground.
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited September 2010
    I've loved all of his releases and will definitely buy this one. His appearance on the G&E album on ALL IN was DOPE also. Check that video. PJ is the man. Saw him on tour with Blackalicious and I've been a fan ever since.
  • RuffDraft
    edited September 2010
    I've loved all of his releases and will definitely buy this one. His appearance on the G&E album on ALL IN was DOPE also. Check that video. PJ is the man. Saw him on tour with Blackalicious and I've been a fan ever since.

You got all his releases before Summertime? What they like if so? I want them and I'm with you on coppin'.

Yeah, I got that album. He's dope on everything he's on, although I didn't listen to PJ 2 as much as Summertime.

That must have been a dope concert :tu I'm going seeing K'Naan in November... looking forward to that.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2010
    Been listening to this, think he's onto another winner, IMO.

But it isn't on Summertime Pool Party level, IMO either. But I'll keep listening, his humour is still there and he's as creative as ever.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2010

You checked this out yet, Skeep?

This is heading to be one of the most slept on albums it seems, of this year.
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited October 2010
    Ive been giving this a listen over thepasst couple days and this is definately a solid release :tu
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2010
    Ive been giving this a listen over thepasst couple days and this is definately a solid release :tu

Any favourite tracks? Was you a fan of Summertime Pool Party?
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited October 2010
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Any favourite tracks? Was you a fan of Summertime Pool Party?

#1 is excuse me for sure, before we're gone...but man this whole album is solid...how bout you?