3 Part Question Wale, Joe Budden, Wiz Khalifa

Options
bbkg79
bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Face Off Forum
1. Wale - The more I check around on the streets and internet, I find people do not like this dude personally or his music. But no one can explain why, I don't dig all his ? but I think he's good. Im glad he's apart of the Freshman class!

2. Joe Budden - I've been digging dude since inception (not his recently leaked track). I thought his first album was dope which didn't get promo (they showed fab more love even though the same camp), I think he's ill lyrically, and he has a dope voice. AGAIN, same as Wale. HATED! Why?

3. Wiz Khalifa - Im 31 now my people, so Ive seen a few stages of Hip Hop. I stay abreast on all the ? so I don't sound like my parents did when I was bumping ? lol. I appreciate old old, old, and new Hip Hop. BUT, what is the allure with this dude here? Diddy's comparing him to a young Snoop, WTF! Snoop was ill on the mic and Im sure he still is but he found his niche to market himself. I used to be a major ? head when I was a teen and some say you have to be to appreciate Wiz's music but I still think I would think he's corny. Im happy that he's building his brand/following that he has, BUT, there's nothing special about him, his lyrics are wack and so are his songs. Im sorry that Black and Yellow ? is so simple. Dont get it finger foured, YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE CANIBUS LYRICS TO IMPRESS ME. Skill level should be comparable to _ Talib, Mos, Drake, Wayne, Pharoah, Jada, Common, Jay-Z, somewhere in there. All I hear is LOVE for this dude. WHY?

Comments

• bbkg79
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Come on b, one person has to have a comment
  • walwyn
    walwyn Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    people love simple rappers now, ? openly hate on joey since started screamin "Hi Haters" on tracks and how he puts his life on wax. i got no explanation for wale though *shrugs*
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Idk why people don't like Wale, he's dope. Top 5 new rappers easily. Wordplay is ridiculous.

People don't like Joe Budden because he says and does stupid things. Like dude called out Method Man and Prodigy saying they don't got lyrics, when as an emcee both of them > Joe Budden. Then he wants to fight Raekwon because someone from Raekwon's camp beat his ass for running his mouth.... Dude's a cornball, and his music is depressing/boring most of time.... He's pretty good lyrically, but he needs to change his train of thought, and the way he acts... He thinks it's okay to call out legends, when he has no legacy at all.

Wiz Khalifa is average. I don't see the hype around him either. His flow is pretty good... maybe he brings a different sound, idk.
  • bbkg79
    edited October 2010
    Options
    walwyn wrote: »
    people love simple rappers now, ? openly hate on joey since started screamin "Hi Haters" on tracks and how he puts his life on wax. i got no explanation for wale though *shrugs*

Eminem puts his life on wax, no one complains
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wiz needs to talk about other ? all that comes outta his mouth is weed talk and partying he's got the burbs and white people though but lyrically he's mediocre
  • bbkg79
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Idk why people don't like Wale, he's dope. Top 5 new rappers easily. Wordplay is ridiculous.

People don't like Joe Budden because he says and does stupid things. Like dude called out Method Man and Prodigy saying they don't got lyrics, when as an emcee both of them > Joe Budden. Then he wants to fight Raekwon because someone from Raekwon's camp beat his ass for running his mouth.... Dude's a cornball, and his music is depressing/boring most of time.... He's pretty good lyrically, but he needs to change his train of thought, and the way he acts... He thinks it's okay to call out legends, when he has no legacy at all.

Wiz Khalifa is average. I don't see the hype around him either. His flow is pretty good... maybe he brings a different sound, idk.

I can understand some of that, BUT that's his personal opinion on ? , yes it was overkill but his opinion. Honestly I think ? fell off. The Raekwon this was a mess, but agin his personal life. His music is real ? to me, I relate to everything he talks about. I don't get depressed form it, it actually makes me feel better knowing someone else is going through the same ? like you summed it up perfectly in the art of music. Like he's telling your story for you.

Wale and Joe are way better and put together better music than Wiz. I guess times are just different. I wish there was a solid answer to this