Song for song - MOBB DEEP go harder than NAS or JAY-Z .... on the real

Options
2»

Comments

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mobb Deep is great, Much respect to them dudes...

But dont get carried away these ">" .. especially with "Nas" following it.
  • kweyork
    kweyork Members Posts: 733
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nas bridged the gap on prodigy, he was invited to the pjs and decided to rep them
    nas ? aint as played out thug music as mobb makes theres hes just undercover smoothest brother on most tips
    mobb always been a lil more industry flare imo and it def. killed it when they went to g unit and p just feel off between return of the mac and hnic 2 theres like 5 or 6 tracks worth listening to

? u buggin...nas aint invite P to no pjs, P was rocking with Hav they met at an art school, hav is responsible for p reppin QB - nas didnt even like p when he first met him....so get the ? outa here with ya ?

Mobb more thugged out than nas all day, and p a better lyricist than nas.

Nas was more marketable than a thugged duo and he was first out the gates with ill matic so he was first to market....but on the real P will eat that ? up, and he has on several occasions when they did songs together.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kweyork wrote: »

Mobb more thugged out than nas all day

LOL snatching purses and stealing cars is considered "more thug out"? smh
  • kweyork
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL snatching purses and stealing cars is considered "more thug out"? smh

one thing about this rap game, time weeds out the real from the fake and the mobb still here repping that gangsta ? , while nas had to fall back off that tip cause that ? aint with all that ? he was poppin when he just came out - so dont take it personal ? its not just nas but a lot of ? had to fall back of that gangsta ? cause that really aint them

So dont hate my ? just appreciate the music them ? been giving us for almost 20 years now

• thecomebacklegend
    edited October 2010
    Options
    one thing about this rap game, time weeds out the real from the fake and the mobb still here repping that gangsta ? , while nas had to fall back off that tip cause that ? aint with all that ? he was poppin when he just came out - so dont take it personal ? its not just nas but a lot of ? had to fall back of that gangsta ? cause that really aint them

So dont hate my ? just appreciate the music them ? been giving us for almost 20 years now

purse snatching p is a ? ?

nas had that ? shook.nas pulled his ? ? card on stillmatic and purse snatching p ain't say ? bout it
  • kweyork
    edited October 2010
    Options
    purse snatching p is a ? ?

nas had that ? shook.nas pulled his ? ? card on stillmatic and purse snatching p ain't say ? bout it

whatever ? obviously u ? riding - p been talking about nas for a while now you ? "shoot a ? head that saying hip hop dead" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0N0uOtNOvU

plus he been talkin about nas in interviews u buggin kid - obviously you dont know what u talkin about - and i dont got time to be arguing with stans if you disagree with the thread then post your songs so we can go song for song about it.......MOBB>>>>>NAS all day everyday for that gangsta ? post it up or shut up ?
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'd have to agree w/ T/S. To put in basketball terms I guess he 's trying to say Mobb is like LeBron. They just wanna take it to the rack and throw that ? down w/ brute force b/c thats what they do best whereas Jay & Nas are like Kobe...their ? is a lil more polished and well-rounded.
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lyrically, style, flow? Absolutely not. Intensity? M.O.P. goes harder. If you saying morn ******ish? yeah probably
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    NY State of Mind goes ? hard.
  • CrazyStraight
    CrazyStraight Members Posts: 86
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? u buggin...nas aint invite P to no pjs, P was rocking with Hav they met at an art school, hav is responsible for p reppin QB - nas didnt even like p when he first met him....so get the ? outa here with ya ?

Mobb more thugged out than nas all day, and p a better lyricist than nas.

Nas was more marketable than a thugged duo and he was first out the gates with ill matic so he was first to market....but on the real P will eat that ? up, and he has on several occasions when they did songs together.

Ididnt say nas invited him where it say that i kno the history dumby
    p was cool in his time no way in hell he a better lyricist then nas tho never
    idk if nas even a lyricist he just a poet everything he says just has you thinking specially now a days
    as for the songs teyve done together thats when p was in his prime and they were both mafioso so thats an opinion who got the best there
    "one thing about this rap game, time weeds out the real from the fake and the mobb still here repping that gangsta ? , while nas had to fall back off that tip cause that ? aint with all that ? he was poppin when he just came out - so dont take it personal ? its not just nas but a lot of ? had to fall back of that gangsta ? cause that really aint them"

and havoc aint really on that bug ? either lately you hear his ? on megas cd hes more of a calm collected dude id say i think mobb has 1 more good album left in them when p gets out he can get all his ? down that hes thinking on with a clear mind, but after that its gonna be hav all day his smooth production and on point with grown man lyrics
    and as for callin us stans ? look how much you on prodigys ? .Illmatic + It was written > The Infamous + Murda muzik
  • thecomebacklegend
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    I'd have to agree w/ T/S. To put in basketball terms I guess he 's trying to say Mobb is like LeBron.

lol naw ?

purse snatching p is like rafer alston cause he famous off some street ball ? but in the nba he's trash

purse snatching p never made a classic album or hav any hits and only people that like him is lames from nyc
  • kweyork
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • kweyork
    edited October 2010
    Options

and havoc aint really on that bug ? either lately you hear his ? on megas cd hes more of a calm collected dude id say i think mobb has 1 more good album left in them when p gets out he can get all his ? down that hes thinking on with a clear mind, but after that its gonna be hav all day his smooth production and on point with grown man lyrics
    and as for callin us stans ? look how much you on prodigys ? .

Illmatic + It was written > The Infamous + Murda muzik

1. Prodigy murked nas on live ? rap - straight up and if u disagree put that ? to a poll ?
    2. Havoc still kick that gangsta ? ? where u been?
  • kweyork
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    I wish had the Shaq face gif cause this thread really this in it. GTFOH with this foolishness

Song for song - MOBB DEEP go harder than NAS or JAY-Z .... on the real

u in the minority ? -
  • CrazyStraight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1. Prodigy murked nas on live ? rap - straight up and if u disagree put that ? to a poll ?
    2. Havoc still kick that gangsta ? ? where u been?

1. Thats opinion nas can get deeper then p anyday just to complex for some
    2. Not really the kush? ? on megas album? What else he talkin about family and with a album name like the kush im pretty sure he tryin to lay back.
    Truth is they all too old to be sayin "gangsta ? " i meen how long can you rap about ? you did 20 years ago hav and nas grew up ill figure out my opinion on prodigy but if he still claimin corner life bangin and robbin and ? it just goes to show that the ? is dumb there all approaching 40 COMEON MAN!
  • CrazyStraight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And as for that poll up top that ? weak yo this is an opinion u need to explain not just vote
    "hard body" ? sounds like some 15 yr old kid talkin about atl rappers
    ill give this to the mobb they more hyphy like pump up motivation if i were a boxer or a baller i would prolly come out to one of there songs
    prolly its a craze or shook ones
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1. Thats opinion nas can get deeper then p anyday just to complex for some
    2. Not really the kush? ? on megas album? What else he talkin about family and with a album name like the kush im pretty sure he tryin to lay back.
    Truth is they all too old to be sayin "gangsta ? " i meen how long can you rap about ? you did 20 years ago hav and nas grew up ill figure out my opinion on prodigy but if he still claimin corner life bangin and robbin and ? it just goes to show that the ? is dumb there all approaching 40 COMEON MAN!

In reference to the bold, really it's only a problem when Jay-Z do it...
  • CrazyStraight
    edited October 2010
    Options
    These are some vivid stories rite here way more complex then ? p would come up with
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Infamous, Hell on earth, Murda muzik,

Prodigy: HNIC, Return of the mack

lots of hot singles on they other albums, the mobb goes hard n cant nooone discredit theyre work real talk
  • kweyork
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6Y4psugyI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9za0C1G0mU&feature=fvst
    These are some vivid stories rite here way more complex then ? p would come up with

its like this…..

Nas tells the story from the circumference of the activity and spends most of the time describing the scene and interactions

Prodigy does his story telling in a much shorter format from a first person perspective and doesn't dither on the periphery nor waste much time describing the scene and is for the most part involved first hand in the activities but more importantly prodigy provides a much better insight into the mind of criminal intent and action than nas which is the main reason why the mobb ? goes harder.

In just one verse p leaves and indelible portayal of criminality than Nas did in his three intricate verses of story telling - this is pretty much the mobb musical trademark they provide a deeper psychonalysis and a more direct first hand account to activities, with less time spent on describing the details of the scene or lingering on the periphery of the action

The impression left by prodigy goes beyond providing a vivid portrait it puts u in the action by affording insight to the thoughts behind the actions and gives you a first person perspective of activities rather than the detailed description of events that nas offers, which he does well, but is less potent a delivery mechanism of an experience