It baffles my mind whenever I ponder this scene................

DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"9I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened." Daniel 7:9-10

How incomprehensible is this scene? I mean we are talking about ALL of Gods creation being gathered together for one moment in time. On the last day of human history, before all of Gods creation enters into their eternal destiny, every living intelligent creature who has ever lived will be assembled before the KING!

I mean just imagine, if you can. From Adam and Eve up until the last person who is ever born in the millienial kingdom will be present. The numbers are just mind boggling. And I haven't even spoke of the innumerable amount of Angels who will be there. It's insane. It hurts the mind to even think about it. Billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of people will be gathered! Its absolutely crazy!

Just to ponder this scene absolutely intrigues me. Daniels vision is expounded upon in the book of Revelation, where John records his vision of the great white throne judgment.

"11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before ? ; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

I just can't imagine what this scene will be like. But I do know for a fact, that everybody reading this message will be there on that day. There is no place that you can hide, if you are an unbeliever. The wicked will have no covering when this day comes. None whatsoever. No computer screen to hide behind. No stupid theory to cling to. No excuse to not believe will save you. Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing will save the unbeliever on this day. How Tragic! How absolutely tragic! No matter how many tears the unbeliever will shed before ? on this day, he will be LOST! My goodness, how sad. How dishearting. The screams and cries of the wickded will have no effect on this day. No lie will cover you on this day. Not when you stand before the one who created you. Oh my. How terrifying it will be for the wicked. How absolutely horrific it will be for those who played the fool and said there was no ? .

I mean WOW. It just baffles my mind how the last day will play out. The righteous on one side and the wicked on the other side. Just the contrast will be amazing. Those who believed in ? will be on His side and those who believed the lies of satan will be on the devils side. The wicked will behold the devil and say to themselves, "This is the clown that led me to destruction." How powerless the devil and all his minions will be on the last day. It will be a hopeless day all around for those that said there was no hope in ? .

There are just so many dimensions and facets to the final judgment that I could literally type for pages and pages about it. I'll leave off here though and ponder it some more in my mind.

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Sounds like an Alien encounter to me.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    The wicked will behold the devil and say to themselves, "This is the clown that led me to destruction." How powerless the devil and all his minions will be on the last day. It will be a hopeless day all around for those that said there was no hope in ? .

And the wicked, beholding all that knew the truth and yet chose to obey it not, will say to them, "What in the world you doing over here with us?"
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    What is the second death? When the death and hell are cast into the lake of fire, what does that mean? What is the difference between 'hell' and 'lake of fire'?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    What I don't understand is if Jesus/? is so loving why doesn't he just correct and teach those of us that don't get it. Why ? us? In two deaths at that. He supposedly leaves it up to me to sort through all these religions on earth that was here before I was born and hope/pray that i get it right. And he doesn't answer that prayer! At least not for me. Most people will automatically choose the religion of their parents by default. People are scared to actually seek and find. More afraid to lose their religion than to lose ? . ? fearing or Religion fearing?

Is it fair to say that we know what ? 's Love looks like...or for that matter love in general? People can tell you what you should or shouldn't do and be right in telling you, but care less about your well-being; they could care less about you. It could be true that Hell awaits those who don't believe, but if the purpose of someone telling you is without any regards to you as a person, then it just makes Hell more inviting because the "heavenly people" aren't so nice.