Fellas... I gotta question for ya'll :)

2»

Comments

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    just how devout is he? i think the only way this would be a serious problem is if you two decide to have kids (which is probably no where in the picture at this point) im sure he'll want his kids raised catholic too. If you can get down with that yall should be good
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    so yall just basically met and already talking about the future.....come on ma you dont even know the guy
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I will only take serious, females with an Afrikan centered, frame of mind. Meaning, no perms, weaves, and fake hair. Open to talk any subject about religion. And she will have to understand that slavery is the worst thing to ever happen to Black people and continuing to worship those former slavemaster's religion is a close 2nd.

In my mind, that woman dont exist or is already taken so i deal with regular women. but as far as being serious, she has to atleast meet what i just said.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    sad to say its a deal breaker for me
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I could smoke out wit her. She can be my potheadbitch

but she won't be raising my children. I'm not extreme but I do have spiritual beliefs
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    If he is ? you he is already sinning anyways, so might as well tell him. A partner is suppose to accept everything about your or atleast be understanding of your beliefs.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I'm not religious so it wouldn't be a problem...

Being a good person >>>>>>>>>>> Being religious

but you should still tell him

Thank you & co-sign...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Im currently talking to this guy and we had ventured into the religious topic. He wants a chic that is religious because he is catholic and I am not ( I am agnostic). He is a pretty dope guy that I am digging BUT I truly think he will have an issue with me telling him that I am agnostic. He's truly what I like in a guy personality wise/appearance/fashion. Im quite sure that telling him this will be a deal breaker; I mean I will at least go to church for him every Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and any other bs holiday that is mandatory for church.

Like what would you guys do if you met a chic that has all of the qualities that you desire BUT she's not religious at all?

me and my girl are the opposite of that, actually she's in church right now, and I've only been with her less than a handful of times in over 2 years...it's not a problem with her cuz she knows my overall views on religion and why I don't attend church...so long as you're not disrespectful to his beliefs and his religion then he should have no issue...
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If he is ? you he is already sinning anyways, so might as well tell him. A partner is suppose to accept everything about your or atleast be understanding of your beliefs.

Only problem is that Christians conveniently forget that's a sin.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Christians by very definition are hypocrites and liars. You're likely more "holy" than he is. Just go through the motions and let him think you believe in his little fairytale.

Men do it all the time just not about religion. Hell females do it all the time to men. Let him/her believe what they gonna believe and keep it moving.

THe problem is ? will come to a head eventually. Most Christian men will pull that "head of the household cuz the Bible said so" ? on your ass eventually.

Hey, that is some of the worst advice to give someone in a relationship or hoping to build one.
    That would be an extremely stupid move.
    Religion to her is BS, why bring more lies into this?
  • In-Close Fighter
    In-Close Fighter Members Posts: 9
    edited October 2010
    If it's a deal breaker, so be it. Obviously he's not worth the time if he'll let a minute deal like that get in the way of you and he. That's how I see it.

I'm agnostic as well and I've had some chicks tell me that it was a problem for them, but I always remind them...."Just because you're looking for a dude that's into church doesn't necessarily mean it's going to work. The people make the relationship, not the religion."

I could give a fugg if you like it or not. It's too many women out there who are willing to overlook what you obviously can't.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    texican11 wrote: »
    Let me break down your thread....

1)You are just "currently talking" to this dude...
    -But you make it sound like its something more
    *You just talking dont sweat it and stress about it...

2)"He wants a chic that is religious because he is catholic..."
    -Maybe just maybe this is a way for him to let you know that you are NOT the one he is looking for..
    (You are just good enough for right now)

3)"I truly think he will have an issue with me telling him that I am agnostic...."
    -How do you know he will have an issue with this???
    -You are just doing what every other girl does..
    *assuming ? taht they dont know nothing about
    (talk to him...taht how you find out...dont use" the im a women so I know eveything" myth
    -Maybe this will NOT be adealbreaker...
    *Maybe it will be something else you do...

4)"I will at least go to church for him every Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and any other bs holiday.."
    -Why are you jumping into conclusions...
    *He is NOT inviting you to his church yet
    -and you already talking about this probably making plans and thinking about outfits huh???
    (Dont jump the gun yet...)

5)Not taht is important...
    -But this dude is black or latino...
    (Cuz there are not taht many black catholics outthere
    -I just know one (Kevein Durant from OKlahoma City Thunder)
    *** He does the sign of the cross ( "IN THE NAME+ of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." )
    Before he hits the court
    --This is a 100% catholic rite
    (Evetho other organized religions have use it..just so they can look cool
    But must of them dont know the significance)

6)Back to the race issue (NOT that is important)
    But you gotta understand one thing...
    When it comes to religion... Catholic Latinos dont go about it like Blacks
    (You know how African Americans will invite each other if they are dating to church)
    Latinos will invite some one that they are serious about..
    So the girl can meet the his parents
    -If he invites you to his church
    Be prepare to meet his mommy, sisters, aunties (Most of the females and children in his family)
    Not the males cuz most males dont go to church

the bolded is very true
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Im currently talking to this guy and we had ventured into the religious topic. He wants a chic that is religious because he is catholic and I am not ( I am agnostic). He is a pretty dope guy that I am digging BUT I truly think he will have an issue with me telling him that I am agnostic. He's truly what I like in a guy personality wise/appearance/fashion. Im quite sure that telling him this will be a deal breaker; I mean I will at least go to church for him every Easter,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and any other bs holiday that is mandatory for church.

Like what would you guys do if you met a chic that has all of the qualities that you desire BUT she's not religious at all?

nah ma .. you got it twisted right here tho ... thats just like a dude who deals with a chick for her looks etc ... if the mental connection aint there it wont last .. because eventually you'll be desensitized as far as the way he carries himself... and certainly you dont need him to support your lifestyle.

dude is obviously lost... trust i know what you're going thru ... i contemplate the same things alot cause ive been single for a while. in fact last chick i dealt with wasnt even a ? christian and our differences played a part in that whole thing. i was thinking maybe i should have just not said ? , but nah ? that i need a woman who is mentally strong. there are plenty of cats out here looking for you ... you just gotta be open to meeting them
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    well im an atheist so that'd be pretty cool.

As far as your situation goes, Dark gave the best advice imo. LIke im an atheist, but i really wouldn't give a ? about a few appearances at church here and there if i I really was digging her. It'd be the extra lifestyle changing ? that'd be a deal breaker.