The Tao of Wu By The RZA iz Mind Blowing

Options
Ninjaholik
Ninjaholik Members Posts: 95
edited November 2010 in The Essence
Seriously this book iz great! I've been waitin for a book ilke this forever. He adresses many issuez dat i think about all the damn time,not a lot of people educated on topics such as Asiatic Black people. I knew Goku waz a dreadlock! I've BEEN Super Saiya-Jin my Ninjaz'! What! read this ? ! I just found out i'm a 5 percenter, what? I just didnt call it that. I dont believe in indoctrination and boxing mysellf into one religion, but Hei i'm a Zen 5 Percenter baby. I kno a bunch of Chineze Jamaicanz and Buddhists are like Rastas, the Buddha had Dreadlocks,was Black and wore a kufi. We speak Asian languagez like Jamaicanz speak Patois. Very interesting book. The story in the beginning about Chili-? had me like "damn!" I would be blown if i got robbed like that wtf. I heard about this book when RZA was getting interviewed about on the radio.
(WAMU here) and like i said I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I dont agree with him on ghosts though.

.Pick it up!
rza-tao-of-wu-book.jpg

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dope, I have the Tao Te Ching, which I'm assuming is what this book is based around...

I might pick it up, thanks for the recommendation :tu
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've read The Wu-Tang Manual, a great book. Would love to read Tao of Wu. Reading the Manual made me respect Wu even more.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Neslom wrote: »
    I've read The Wu-Tang Manual, a great book. Would love to read Tao of Wu. Reading the Manual made me respect Wu even more.

What's The Manual about?

I've got a lot of hip hop books, my favourite is probably Vibe magazines autobiography of Tupac for the way it uses the articles that were around at the time of his life and death.
  • Ninjaholik
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If the manual is like tao of wu then i would like to read it.
  • Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Wu-Tang Manual tells the story of the nine wu members, RZA explains their slang, stuff that inspire them (Martial arts, comics, chess...), some of the songs are explained

The other hip hop related book I've read is Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip Hop Generation by Jeff Chang, it starts with how gangs in New York looked for alternatives to fighting each other, how they began dancing, grafitti, DJing and later rapping. Basicly the early stages of hip hop and how it evolved over time till today.

There's so many hip hop books I would like to read
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Neslom wrote: »
    The Wu-Tang Manual tells the story of the nine wu members, RZA explains their slang, stuff that inspire them (Martial arts, comics, chess...), some of the songs are explained

The other hip hop related book I've read is Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip Hop Generation by Jeff Chang, it starts with how gangs in New York looked for alternatives to fighting each other, how they began dancing, grafitti, DJing and later rapping. Basicly the early stages of hip hop and how it evolved over time till today.

There's so many hip hop books I would like to read

Props Neslom, I have a rough guide to hip hop that goes through all main acts since hip hops birth. That's a pretty cool guide book.

I'd like to check the Can't Stop Won't Stop (forgotten hip hop record).
  • Frankizzle
    Frankizzle Members Posts: 70
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wu Tang Manual is great also

Though the best book I read on Hip-Hop, easily, is "How To Rap: The Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC"

It's made up from interviews with over 100 MCs, people like Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Mobb Deep, Pharoahe Monch, Royce Da 5'9", Crooked I, Tribe Called Quest... loads and loads of legends,
    and it's almost entirely in the words of the MCs, all talking about MCing... also a foreword by Kool G Rap

Well worth getting - http://www.amazon.com/How-Rap-Art-Science-Hip-Hop/dp/1556528167

924.jpg
  • Ninjaholik
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Frankizzle wrote: »
    Wu Tang Manual is great also

Though the best book I read on Hip-Hop, easily, is "How To Rap: The Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC"

It's made up from interviews with over 100 MCs, people like Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Mobb Deep, Pharoahe Monch, Royce Da 5'9", Crooked I, Tribe Called Quest... loads and loads of legends,
    and it's almost entirely in the words of the MCs, all talking about MCing... also a foreword by Kool G Rap

Well worth getting - http://www.amazon.com/How-Rap-Art-Science-Hip-Hop/dp/1556528167

924.jpg

I can dig it
  • STREET NETWORK
    STREET NETWORK Members Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Options
    good stuff!!!!!
  • King45
    King45 Members Posts: 95
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This sounds great, I am going to have to check out this book!
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So is it just me that always got the feeling like all of the WU are ? ? I know that has nothing to do with music or literature, but just saying. It's why I never understood Red and ? together, since Red always seemed like a cool guy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gum989 wrote: »
    So is it just me that always got the feeling like all of the WU are ? ? I know that has nothing to do with music or literature, but just saying. It's why I never understood Red and ? together, since Red always seemed like a cool guy.

It's just you. I never really got that feeling about any of the Wu, except maybe Rae and Ghost when they were going through their "We're the best, ? everybody else" phase. Even then, they didn't seem like ? , just real cocky when it came to rap.

Red and ? always seemed like two peas in a pod to me, so I'm not really sure why you would think that Red was cool but ? was an ? .