I need a good RPG to play

Options
DaFifthElement
DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in IllGaming
I haven't played any RPG's this gen and im looking forward to a good RPG...I like to travel alot in my RPG's with the places covering all climates...(last RPG I played was FFX) should I wait for FFXIV or should I go get 13? anyone?

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dont got a ps2 and ps3 isnt backwards compatible...this gen fam
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think Dragon Age GOTY Edition is dropping soon.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dragon age,, im still rocking it waitin on part 2. mass effect good too,,, console wise imo
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Go ahead and get FF13.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    FF13 and 14 were garbage. psp has the RPG genre on lock. there are a bunch of good Nippon Ichi games for ps3. Disgaea 3, Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Atelier Rorona.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited November 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I think Dragon Age GOTY Edition is dropping soon.

Hmm heard good things about that title
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    FF13 and 14 were garbage. psp has the RPG genre on lock. there are a bunch of good Nippon Ichi games for ps3. Disgaea 3, Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Atelier Rorona.

Trinity Universe looked pretty cool as well...might have to check those two out...
  • DaFifthElement
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    super nintendo :)

selaed-super-nintendo-chrono-trigger.jpg

U ever consider WOW ?

hate to double posted but im tired as ? ...but nah i tried doin that ? the illegal way and it never worked so i gave up...heard the legit ? has a monthly fee or somethin
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mass Effect 2 > RPGs this generation
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You obviously havnt played Two Worlds.

Whats that about? Been looking a good RPG myself.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Demon's Souls is an action RPG and without a doubt the best RPG on the PS3. That game is challenging and addictive.

FFXIII is ok, but honestly, it's more like a guided movie than an RPG. The battle system was pretty fun to me. The characters and story were decent, but nothing about the game was spectacular.

If you're really feenin for a japanese style RPG Star Ocean 4, Tales of Symphonia, and Eternal Sonata were all ported from the 360 to the PS3. They are all playworthy but none of them is exceptional in any way.

Definitely go for Demon's Souls though. Out of all the RPGs on the PS3, it's the only one that really lives up to that old school standard of quality.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nah, FF13 is worth a playthrough. Those boss battles were pretty fun.
  • DaFifthElement
    edited November 2010
    Options
    wanted to play star ocean this gen but saw it received some low reviews...think i may check it out anyways..maybe rent it..and yeah i heard demons souls was pretty sick..heard it was a decent challenge as well...may have to go for that one i know its pretty cheap nowadays..yeah...none of my buddies even have the new FF and they have every SINGLE FF..thats just tellin me something
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you probably dont got a DS but dragon quest 9 is 1 of the best games i ever played

oh and you suck ass if you never played chrono trigger
  • DaFifthElement
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you probably dont got a DS but dragon quest 9 is 1 of the best games i ever played

oh and you suck ass if you never played chrono trigger

i never played chrono trigger...
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    fallout 3......
  • stoneface
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You obviously havnt played Two Worlds.

Have you played Mass Effect 2? If Two Worlds is ? ' with it, it better be phenomenal for real. Im not one to go by reviews 100%. But Two Worlds: 50.81% overall, Mass Effect: 95.66% overall, damn, that would have to be the most criminal underrating of a game in history
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    two worlds is trash ME2 is the best hands down
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Demon's Souls is an action RPG and without a doubt the best RPG on the PS3. That game is challenging and addictive.

FFXIII is ok, but honestly, it's more like a guided movie than an RPG. The battle system was pretty fun to me. The characters and story were decent, but nothing about the game was spectacular.

If you're really feenin for a japanese style RPG Star Ocean 4, Tales of Symphonia, and Eternal Sonata were all ported from the 360 to the PS3. They are all playworthy but none of them is exceptional in any way.

Definitely go for Demon's Souls though. Out of all the RPGs on the PS3, it's the only one that really lives up to that old school standard of quality.

It was Tales of Vesperia that was ported to ps3, not Tales of Symphonia. Also the ps3 port never saw a release outside of japan.
  • stoneface
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Seansosa wrote: »
    i never played chrono trigger...

Best ever along with FFIII(VI)
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It is probably the worst game ever made.

I was looking for a cheap game in the store just to ? around with.

This big ass limited shiny edition box set stands out to me(comes with a free book and ? ).

Wow! It was only £5 pre-owned. I took it to the counter and said to the dude "Damn, what a bargain!" he looks back and says "Naw, son!"

So I'm like ? it, its only £5.

I take it home and play for 10mins. WHAT A PILE OF ? !

Everything about it was ? . Voice acting, jumpy animations, long ass loading times, ? graphics. Everything.

It was a win though. I took it to another store and traded it in for £8.

Check out a review, it's ? WOAT!

i know you aint talking bout ME2,,, i rides for sheppard and the normandy for real for reals,,lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    It was Tales of Vesperia that was ported to ps3, not Tales of Symphonia. Also the ps3 port never saw a release outside of japan.

I knew I was saying the wrong one. I just didn't care enough to try and correct it. Oh well, thanks for clearing it up.