How much does staying in shape cost?

Options
mike06
mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Weight Room
how much money do you spend on losing weight or staying in shape a month. one of my things with not being in shape right now is i dont have the money to join a gym or maintain a healthy eating lifestyle so i was wondering how much does it cost a month to get in shape and stay in shape.

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Good question...I'm sure you can substitute free things for the gym...such as a track do some push ups sit-ups etc...eating healthy is another story but I'm sure it can be done for the low
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you're serious...all you have to do is narrow down your food options to a few healthy choices...run or jog...pushups, crunches, curls, lunges, etc. can all be done at home.

Baked Chicken...religiously

and chicken is like the cheapest meat you can find. It goes on sale (thighs) for $1.29/lb and $0.99/lb sometimes. (not ? )
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you're serious...all you have to do is narrow down your food options to a few healthy choices...run or jog...pushups, crunches, curls, lunges, etc. can all be done at home.

Baked Chicken...religiously

and chicken is like the cheapest meat you can find. It goes on sale (thighs) for $1.29/lb and $0.99/lb sometimes. (not ? )

Depends on your location...food costs different depending on if u live in the city vs. the country...
  • purplesocks
    purplesocks Members Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Baked Chicken? No, skinless and boiled! But the Raw Food diet is the way to go. Explosive energy on minimal sleep.
  • mike06
    edited October 2010
    Options
    so do any of ya'll workout?...if so how much does it cost for you to stay in shape every month?
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i dont really keep count but

gym membership- 20 bucks/month
    supplements- 40-70 bucks/month....if that cause im cuttin back on the whey..i usually take 1-2 scoops a day now on workout days...a 5 pound tub lasts me over a month
    food- when trying to gain mass i.e bulking...u spend quite a bit of money on food..gotta get them calories in...so ermmm....200 bucks a month.iono really...around that for me..
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I do push ups sit ups and stretching. Plus I ride my bike to work everday and I eat a healthy diet. It's not hard, the Rev was disappointed when she came to my crib and saw my eating habits
  • mike06
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    i dont really keep count but

gym membership- 20 bucks/month
    supplements- 40-70 bucks/month....if that cause im cuttin back on the whey..i usually take 1-2 scoops a day now on workout days...a 5 pound tub lasts me over a month
    food- when trying to gain mass i.e bulking...u spend quite a bit of money on food..gotta get them calories in...so ermmm....200 bucks a month.iono really...around that for me..

damn....thats alot of money
  • mike06
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I do push ups sit ups and stretching. Plus I ride my bike to work everday and I eat a healthy diet. It's not hard, the Rev was disappointed when she came to my crib and saw my eating habits

how much did your bike cost?...how much do you spend on food?