Ether, please explain your concept of ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    why the ? he get a thread dedicated to him?

thread is not about him, more about those who hold a similar concept
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    It is not necessarily limiting if the Bible is seen as the truth that is lord over all truths. If it is treated like it's only a small piece of the truth (or it only true to a particular person) then it is limiting.
    You have a point there.
    When I say ? created ? what im saying is ? has always been, just like energy, which is exactly what your Bible quote says. And I said the physical universe is made up of energy, energy has always been. Oh and a quote of my own
    "The Tao that can be trodden is not the enduring and
    unchanging Tao. The name that can be named is not the enduring and
    unchanging name.

(Conceived of as) having no name, it is the Originator of heaven
    and earth; (conceived of as) having a name, it is the Mother of all
    things."
    Sounds just like your quote doesnt it?

haha i'm sorry that sounds nothing like what i quoted from scripture. Sounds like a person needs some kind of uncommon sense to understand that.
  • universaltruth
    universaltruth Members Posts: 193
    edited November 2010
    Options
    haha i'm sorry that sounds nothing like what i quoted from scripture. Sounds like a person needs some kind of uncommon sense to understand that.

Uncommen sense? Tru, in no way am I trying to persuade you to stop believing in the Bible, quite the contrary, what im saying is to read up on other religions, study different philosophies, strip away everything you "think" you know and go in with and open mind, you'll be surprised at what you could come to understand.
  • Nenochtoo
    Nenochtoo Members Posts: 37
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've no concept of ? in a conventional monotheistic sense.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Uncommen sense? Tru, in no way am I trying to persuade you to stop believing in the Bible, quite the contrary, what im saying is to read up on other religions, study different philosophies, strip away everything you "think" you know and go in with and open mind, you'll be surprised at what you could come to understand.

been down that road. But i turned around (thank ? ). Please believe, my beliefs and convictions have been challenged and tested to the point of collapse....everything i thought i knew about the Bible and Jesus crumbled to bits and pieces..but that was back at a vulnerable time when i was struggling wit the faith and was weak..now it's different. i still don't mind considering other beliefs beside my own, but i've chose, from here till the grave, to remain firm by what the Bible teaches... (just saved my life)..and you playing a dangerous game especially if you don't have a sold foundation in scripture - in other words, what's what...

Distinctions have to be made. No way around this. Since i believe the Bible teaches what ? 's word teaches, when the moment comes, i think people should be presented with opportunity to observe/hear the truth for themselves. That's why i present the specific areas in which what's taught in the Bible runs counter to a given belief. And it's interesting to say the least to see so many good members in the R&R forum observe the truth, that they may know what's right, but time and time again, still not choose it. Jesus giving a heads up, it's not really a surprise - "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."(Matthew 10:34-36)

From what i gathered here and other threads in R&R, Ether, Biblical Atheist, Chozenwun, and your concept of ? , is all of a ? that either: 1)is not of ONE authority, 2) does NOT have his OWN voice OWN thoughts, and OWN words, or 3) he DOES speak, and tells lies to some people, 4) he IS of an enormous number of individual authorities on right and wrong, or 4) all of the above, plus some.

And everyone has a right to choose what they will accept, yet at the same time, they don't have a right to accept the wrong thing, and still believe that doing so is acceptable with ? .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    been down that road. But i turned around (thank ? ). Please believe, my beliefs and convictions have been challenged and tested to the point of collapse....everything i thought i knew about the Bible and Jesus crumbled to bits and pieces..but that was back at a vulnerable time when i was struggling wit the faith and was weak..now it's different. i still don't mind considering other beliefs beside my own, but i've chose, from here till the grave, to remain firm by what the Bible teaches... (just saved my life)..and you playing a dangerous game especially if you don't have a sold foundation in scripture - in other words, what's what...

Distinctions have to be made. No way around this. Since i believe the Bible teaches what ? 's word teaches, when the moment comes, i think people should be presented with opportunity to observe/hear the truth for themselves. That's why i present the specific areas in which what's taught in the Bible runs counter to a given belief. And it's interesting to say the least to see so many good members in the R&R forum observe the truth, that they may know what's right, but time and time again, still not choose it. Jesus giving a heads up, it's not really a surprise - "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."(Matthew 10:34-36)

From what i gathered here and other threads in R&R, Ether, Biblical Atheist, Chozenwun, and your concept of ? , is all of a ? that either: 1)is not of ONE authority, 2) does NOT have his OWN voice OWN thoughts, and OWN words, or 3) he DOES speak, and tells lies to some people, 4) he IS of an enormous number of individual authorities on right and wrong, or 4) all of the above, plus some.

And everyone has a right to choose what they will accept, yet at the same time, they don't have a right to accept the wrong thing, and still believe that doing so is acceptable with ? .

So in reality they are worshipping no ? , but a ? of their own imagination and liking. Romans 1 touches on this to the very core. For all though they knew ? , they glorified Him not as ? , but became vain in their imaginations and their foolish heart was darkned. Professing themselves to be wise, the became fools and changed the glory of the uncorruptible ? into and image made like corruptible man. Gods word cuts to the very soul of everybody on planet earth who is capable of making a decision for Him. Thats why nobody has an excuse, because that which may be known of ? is manifest in them; for ? hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-23) Glory to the king.

"
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So in reality they are worshipping no ? , but a ? of their own imagination and liking. Romans 1 touches on this to the very core. For all though they knew ? , they glorified Him not as ? , but became vain in their imaginations and their foolish heart was darkned. Professing themselves to be wise, the became fools and changed the glory of the uncorruptible ? into and image made like corruptible man. Gods word cuts to the very soul of everybody on planet earth who is capable of making a decision for Him. Thats why nobody has an excuse, because that which may be known of ? is manifest in them; for ? hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-23) Glory to the king.

"
    Yeppp....they not ready.....

ima fall back for a bit.
  • universaltruth
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ill say this and leave it at that, Jesus understood The Way, its the people who followed him that confused things.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ill say this and leave it at that, Jesus understood The Way, its the people who followed him that confused things.

Oh what do we know, we're just lost souls. We worship imaginary beings.
  • universaltruth
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Oh what do we know, we're just lost souls. We worship imaginary beings.

Id rather not have people think that, thats always been my problem though, i want to much.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Id rather not have people think that, thats always been my problem though, i want to much.

Lol I don't care what people think, I'm content being aware of what they think. It allows me to better understand them.
  • universaltruth
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Lol I don't care what people think, I'm content being aware of what they think. It allows me to better understand them.

Yea I feel you