Are they gonna keep giving Dwight Howard these DPOY awards every year?

2»

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    kobe, wade, and lebron are good defenders, not great defenders.

I am not in the mood to argue tonight, but Kobe is in a class above those 2 guys defensively. If u say folks tend to overrate his defense, i wont argue with u. But dont say Kobe is not a great defender.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Wade and Bron are more defensive opportunist than above average defenders.... with their athleticism they should be better.. Wade is a better man on man defender than bron though. but dotn be fooled by the stats.. as marine said good/great defense is not tangible..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    I am not in the mood to argue tonight, but Kobe is in a class above those 2 guys defensively. If u say folks tend to overrate his defense, i wont argue with u. But dont say Kobe is not a great defender.

he is not a great defender. he is a good defender.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Wade and Bron are more defensive opportunist than above average defenders.... with their athleticism they should be better.. Wade is a better man on man defender than bron though. but dotn be fooled by the stats.. as marine said good/great defense is not tangible..

correctumundo
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    its not his fault if there is no other big man that could ? with him as far as defense. ? if he avg 65-7 def rebounds and 2-3 blocks and a steal or two why not. Thats whats up so give it to someone else just cause he dont deserve it cause noone else is at his level defensively. ? if thats the case chamberlain should nt get no recognition cause he was the biggest and best at his time.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    GTFOH. Howard is the first player to lead the league in rebounding and blocks in consecutive seasons, averaging 13.2 boards and 2.78 rejections. Plus last season, the Magic limited opponents to 43.8 percent shooting and finished first in the NBA in field-goal percentage defense, while also securing the league's second best record. And that's largely because Howard prevents players from driving through the lane. He makes a average defensive team into an above average defensive team.

And if you want to dismiss the stats, just watch a Magic game and watch how Howard alters so many of their opponent's team shots with his quickness and blocking ability when they come into the paint. Magic opponents are for the most part reduced to being just jumping shooting teams. look at what he did to Atlanta in the playoffs.

i get what your saying but your center is your last line of defensive. and no one protects the basket like Howard. in the NBA if you can't protect the paint you ain't winning ? .

who else is ? with him on the defensive end besides smith who isn't consistent at all .... he's only won 2 anyways which he was very deserving of...

a very nice post

he starts on a team with vince carter, jameer nelson and rashard lewis and the team has still been top 5 in defense the past 2 years. he should get the award just for that
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Oh so Howard is a small forward now? Apparently you don't get where i say guard a player one on one the whole game, playing help defense after the guard and small forward funnels someone towards Howard.
    you must not understand the job of a center defensively

grab boards and REJECT ANY MUTHAFKA THAT COMES IN YOUR LANE or make him take a stupid shot

guys like Kobe LeBron Wade ? ALL GAME LONG having a guy like Howard just waiting isnt valuable?

why should he be at fault for being the best ? by far in a group (as a whole) of bums either ?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    my my my how this thread just slowly started changing into a Kobe vs Wade and LeBron
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    c1up wrote: »
    my my my how this thread just slowly started changing into a Kobe vs Wade and LeBron

? in here LOVE derailing threads. smh.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    ? in here LOVE derailing threads. smh.

not really.
  • Joe Grizzly
    Joe Grizzly Members Posts: 232
    edited October 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    are they gonna keep giving dwight howard these dpoy awards every year?

? right
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Until another ? comes along and put up similar stats they prob will give it to him the next 2-3 yrs..*shrugs*
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    From an overall standpoint...

Brook Lopez>Dwight Howard

Stop believing the NBA politics and watch a Nets game you will see Lopez game is more fundamentally inclined than DW's. I hope after this season ? give Lopez his credit.

uppin for dwights game against brook lopez tonight

dwight- 30 points, 9-13 fg, 16 rebounds

brook- 10 points, 3-17 fg, 5 rebounds
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »

Lmao 3-17 for a big what the ? was he shootin left handed 3's... homie ethered himself hard.. smh @ that post on any day especially today
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    3-17?? ........

L
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    ? Shitman wrote: »

Stop believing the ESPN hype lol.... you know stats are a lie, did you watch the game? No! Brook worked that ass all night.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    ? a brook hopez
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited November 2010
    Howard might be the most overrated player in the NBA right now.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Smh @ Shane battier never gonna win one, Josh smith should too.

This.. nothing against Howard but these dudes stay holding it down while guarding the best and helping with their teams defense.
  • king papichulo
    king papichulo Members Posts: 296
    edited November 2010
    Howard dominated Lopez, who is one of the best centers in the game today. Howard has shown that he is a great man defender as well.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    S.jR. wrote: »
    This.. nothing against Howard but these dudes stay holding it down while guarding the best and helping with their teams defense.

Dwight Howard Erases mistakes.. the buck stops at him..He cleans up the left overs and imposes him self on his opposition he has no one go get his back.. think about that.

with great power comes great responsibility...... MARVEL!