Dress Shoes: Leather soles vs Rubber Soles

shootemwon
shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in Fashion Forward
Here's the basic pros of each

Rubber:
*Generally less expensive
*More widely available
*More durable (with all other things, such as quality and construction, being equal)
*Has more of a "cushiony" feeling when walking

Leather:
*More stylish
*More classic
*Tend to be higher quality

I used to buy rubber all the time and never even thought about the material the soles were made of, but since I made the switch to leather, I don't think I can ever buy a pair of really nice dress shoes with rubber soles again. Anything with a rubber sole just makes me think of a sneaker at this point, so I only allow rubber soles on my casual shoes. Even though Bostonian isn't my favorite brand, I happened upon a sale at one of their outlet stores recently where they had leather-sole wingtips for only 20 bucks. Of course, I had no choice but to buy 3 pair.

Anyone disagree with my analysis?

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    nope

i agree

glad to see a man find his way
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    You came up on some Bostonian Wings for the lo lo, you get a Wu Tang "W" my dude
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    You came up on some Bostonian Wings for the lo lo, you get a Wu Tang "W" my dude

Thanks. Looking back, I probably should have bought even more cause wingtips never go out of style and 20 bucks is insane. My buddy from work says that same place always has that deal in September as well though.
  • king hassan
    edited June 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Thanks. Looking back, I probably should have bought even more cause wingtips never go out of style and 20 bucks is insane. My buddy from work says that same place always has that deal in September as well though.
    And I always put taps on my shoes to prolong them too
  • shootemwon
    edited June 2010
    And I always put taps on my shoes to prolong them too

You mean shoe trees? I gotta cop a few more of them, I'm having to rotate right now and leave 2 pair without em every day :(
  • sidkof
    sidkof Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Powered pallet jacks, also often called electric pallet trucks, walkies, single or double pallet jacks, are motorized to permit lifting and moving of heavier and stacked pallets. These usually contain a platform for the user to stand while hauling pallets around a warehouse or loading/unloading trucks. The powered pallet jack is usually moved by a throttle on the handle to move forward or in reverse and steered by swinging the handle in the intended direction.
  • king hassan
    edited June 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    You mean shoe trees? I gotta cop a few more of them, I'm having to rotate right now and leave 2 pair without em every day :(

Nah, taps are either plastic, metal or wood. They put them under the toe or the heel of the shoe. You ever see somebody and they heel is slanted, well taps prevent that slant in the heel. The way I walk my heels will slant so I put taps on there and they only cost about 5-10 bucks to put on your shoes
  • mbts
    mbts Members Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    This is the official homepage of MBT. It is the first physiological footwear that has a positive effect on the whole body