Best ab exercises ?

Options
P-Dogg77
P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Weight Room
Which ab exercises have worked the best for yall and how many reps ?

Comments

• PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That ab ripper x from p90x is fierce, I'm starting that ? next month.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    any exercise involving your abs and legs like leg lifts, steam engines, mountain climbers. and the basic ? like crunches, v-ups and ? . at least 25 reps or whats the point? you trying to get them ? to show so you got make em bigger and burn the fat at the same time.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    diet.

I gotta step that ? up I'm not seeing any more results. I been hearing a good speed walk with a very high incline helps you cut up your stomach. I need to research it more but that's what I'm hearing.
  • whatevathehell
    edited November 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    diet.

I gotta step that ? up I'm not seeing any more results. I been hearing a good speed walk with a very high incline helps you cut up your stomach. I need to research it more but that's what I'm hearing.

that makes sense since its basically cardio and anytype of cardio burns fat in general.. trying hopping on the stationary bike, they do wonders for your abs(you can literally fill your stomach caving in)as long as you pushing yourself with enough resistance at the right speed.
  • whatevathehell
    edited November 2010
    Options
    also there are literally hundreds of ab exercises. dont do the same ones every time. get a list of about 50 and just do like 10 different ones everytime you do abs. make sure to include exercises within each group that work the full range of abs. eventually your body gets used todoing the same stuff all the time and the challenge and more importantly the calorie burn goes away.

another good one is to do sit ups on the decline with weights. get as much as you can stand(I do 45lb dumbells in each hand) and Ill alternate between doing 10 situps and 10 chest presses and another 10 situps in one rep. I do 3-5 sets of these...depending on how many people waiting on the decline.