Options
13»

Comments

• junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    eating right doesn't mean eating a little. it would take like 11 lbs of fruit to equal the 2500 calories a day we need. things with a lot of fiber also help to fill you up. i don't think a plum and a protein shake are enough to keep you full. i think balanced diets are very key, i'm always wary of plans that suggest eliminating or restricting certain food groups. we need carbs, i don't think it's healthy to have a diet of no carbs. carbs are just sugar which you still get in your diet in other ways. fill up on fruits and veggies and snack inbetween meals with things like healthy nuts, dried fruit, just to keep the hunger at bay

for the most part tho, i don't restrict my eating too much, i just watch my calories and make up the difference thru exercise. i can't do a too restrictive diet, i love food too much. don't deny yourself all the time, nothing wrong wit treating yourself once in a while

lol the plum and shake wasn't a meal lmao that was like a morning snack. and i haven't eliminated carbs, im just cutting back on them...if i do eat them, its usually wheat/brown

and i treat myself once a week, for one meal i can eat whatever i want

ES-BEE you posting them pics don't phase the kid, most of that ? i dont eat noway lol
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Marley, I don't have a scale either, and have no intentions of buying one either.

And Thanks Lyric. same to you!
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    American vegetarian food sucks. No flavor, no spice to it. Yuck. Easting non-meat from other countries or halal food is the GOAT for eating better and tasting delicious.
    That is the GOAT, they just don't have any halal spots on the S. Side. I either have to hit up Devon Ave, or 63rd st down by Kedzie, or La Grange.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    That is the GOAT, they just don't have any halal spots on the S. Side. I either have to hit up Devon Ave, or 63rd st down by Kedzie, or La Grange.

King whats Halal food? Cuz we had a spot here that said but they was servein chicken salad subs and some more ? .
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    King whats Halal food? Cuz we had a spot here that said but they was servein chicken salad subs and some more ? .
    Halal is meat that has been slaughter according to islamic law. You have to ? the animal in a way that it does not suffer, a quick ? where it's adams apple is in the up position in the throat. That way the animal dies as soon as you cut it's throat. Not like slaughter houses where the animals are shocked, shot or hit in the head. The taste is no different it's just a clean ?
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Halal is meat that has been slaughter according to islamic law. You have to ? the animal in a way that it does not suffer, a quick ? where it's adams apple is in the up position in the throat. That way the animal dies as soon as you cut it's throat. Not like slaughter houses where the animals are shocked, shot or hit in the head. The taste is no different it's just a clean ?

Oh ok sounds reasonable............
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    eating right doesn't mean eating a little. it would take like 11 lbs of fruit to equal the 2500 calories a day we need. things with a lot of fiber also help to fill you up. i don't think a plum and a protein shake are enough to keep you full. i think balanced diets are very key, i'm always wary of plans that suggest eliminating or restricting certain food groups. we need carbs, i don't think it's healthy to have a diet of no carbs. carbs are just sugar which you still get in your diet in other ways. fill up on fruits and veggies and snack inbetween meals with things like healthy nuts, dried fruit, just to keep the hunger at bay

for the most part tho, i don't restrict my eating too much, i just watch my calories and make up the difference thru exercise. i can't do a too restrictive diet, i love food too much. don't deny yourself all the time, nothing wrong wit treating yourself once in a while

Ive never been more attracted to u until now.

On the real tho I try and keep a balanced diet.
    #1 is fiber most often in the form of complex carbs, whole wheat whatever or brown rice dont go for none of that multi-grain ? .
    Carbs aren't bad just too many simple carbs in abundance and easily accessible.
    #2 Fruits and Veggies, I dont eat as much as I should but I eat more now.
    #3 Lean protein, Trying to get off red meat and have increased intake of poultry and fish. Shakes are a good source of protein but some like Muscle milk have a pretty high caloric and fat content so are better suited right before, during, and after workout for maximum benefit, some meal replacement shakes are good alternatives.
    #4 Exercise.Been stepping it up going hardbody.

I dont count calories or follow specific diets. The idea should be to make lifestyle choices and have awareness when it comes to eating. I just try and eat healthy and maintain my body although it is much easier when uve taken a couple nutrition courses. My only problem is I need to eat more throughout the day to maintain my muscle mass and hopefully increase it.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    my ephedra pills just arrived and I'm zooming yo!