Are you afraid of ? ?

Options
bless the child
bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
For some reason I'm not scared of ? . I believe in ? but I don't fear ? . Why should I fear ? if no matter what i do this entity can do whatever it wants to me ultimately. Its like fearing death. Death is inevitable, so why be afraid of it? I just don't get it. I can respect the power of ? and not fear ? .

Comments

• oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I don't fear something I don't believe in...

I don't think half of these so-called believers fear ? either or they wouldn't be doing half the things they do...that is if they truly belived and feared ? .
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Nope. Why should I fear something that looks like me?

well, that would be exactly why
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It depends on what is to be afraid about. And then...maybe people need to believe that ? exist first to come to some conclusion about whether to have fear or not.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Not at all........
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    They don't really fear ? though, they just fear "hell".
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nope, don't believe in invisible super humans.

I believe I and true ? are one in the same, and every man bleeds like I do so there is no fear in self.
  • J KUL
    J KUL Members Posts: 9
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You should always have something to believe in because psychologically it shapes your mind around morals and values and also theres always the quintessential what if group and that full on rebelious group. personally im scared of ? !
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I love my ? to the extent that I fear his consequences attributed to my disobedience.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    I love my ? to the extent that I fear his consequences attributed to my disobedience.

But we disobey ? everyday. So how afraid are you really of the consequences??
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is it me or does 90% of the peeps on here hates Yah?

The reason people don't fear Yah because they are immoral and want to do whatever they want to do without consequences. But there are consequences and not Yah doing something bad to a person if they sin.

He knows we are not perfect, but that's why we need Christ. Only if you CHOOSE to accept Him. Those that accept believe and accept Him that he died for their sins regardless of how bad it is will be saved.

If not then, it's fine. Continue doing what you wanna do. It's a process called reaping what you sow aka karma.
  • kevmic
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Is it me or does 90% of the peeps on here hates Yah?

The reason people don't fear Yah because they are immoral and want to do whatever they want to do without consequences. But there are consequences and not Yah doing something bad to a person if they sin.

He knows we are not perfect, but that's why we need Christ. Only if you CHOOSE to accept Him. Those that accept believe and accept Him that he died for their sins regardless of how bad it is will be saved.

If not then, it's fine. Continue doing what you wanna do. It's a process called reaping what you sow aka karma.
    Now according to Hinduism and Buddhism Karma is the effects of a person's action and conduct during the phases of a person's existance. Determining one's destiny. But according to a lot of Christian teachings, our live have been pre destined by ? completely ruling out the idea of karma altogether. So if someone was a good person their entire life, good to themselves and others, yet do not accept Christ in their life, then that person is pre-destined for hell right?? Same queston about the guy who is like Saul, evil and just bad to all he came across before he accepted Christ and became Paul. That person is going to be with ? right?? Now where do Karma fit into all of this again??
  • Mr. AJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    But we disobey ? everyday. So how afraid are you really of the consequences??
    Thing about it is ? judges the effort that my people make towards being obedient. He knows none of us are perfect and all are fallible.

Pro 24:16 For a just [man] falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

You get on a bike (rules/laws) to learn to ride, you fall, you get back on the bike again in effort to ride further and further even though you keep fallin off. <<<? calls this man a just man

The man that gets on the bike (rules/laws) once and falls and then say "man, ? that bike, I aint riding no more" <<, ? deems him as a wicked man that has fallen into mischief

Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
  • kevmic
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    Thing about it is ? judges the effort that my people make towards being obedient. He knows none of us are perfect and all are fallible.

Pro 24:16 For a just [man] falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

You get on a bike (rules/laws) to learn to ride, you fall, you get back on the bike again in effort to ride further and further even though you keep fallin off. <<<? calls this man a just man

The man that gets on the bike (rules/laws) once and falls and then say "man, ? that bike, I aint riding no more" <<, ? deems him as a wicked man that has fallen into mischief

Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Luk 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Luk 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

So I can drink, smoke, ? hoes, do all type of dumb illegal ? . But since I'm "saved", and each time I ask ? for forgivness, and I'm working towards a bigger goal, I'm giving a free pass every time??
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Now according to Hinduism and Buddhism Karma is the effects of a person's action and conduct during the phases of a person's existance. Determining one's destiny. But according to a lot of Christian teachings, our live have been pre destined by ? completely ruling out the idea of karma altogether. So if someone was a good person their entire life, good to themselves and others, yet do not accept Christ in their life, then that person is pre-destined for hell right?? Same queston about the guy who is like Saul, evil and just bad to all he came across before he accepted Christ and became Paul. That person is going to be with ? right?? Now where do Karma fit into all of this again??
    I used karma interjectionally and synonymously because it's basically the same thing.

The problem is..most people view Yah rewarding them based on what you do EXTERNALLY i.e. good works. Yah only bases salvation and faith on those who receive Christ as Lord and Savior and believe in what He did for their sins. So even a person like Saul, who was the "chief of sinners" accepted Christ and regardless of what he did in his past, he accepted Christ and became a vital element in spreading the Gospel to the Gentiles. But throughout our existence..yes our lives are predestined..Yah knows who will accept Him or not accept Him. But it's not based on "good works", even though the laws or are planted 'in our hearts' it's still null and void if you don't accept His Son.

When accepting Christ..it's a spiritual exchange, not physical. Through Christ's sinless nature working in the believer, studying and believing His words the person is changed from the inside out.
  • kevmic
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I used karma interjectionally and synonymously because it's basically the same thing.

The problem is..most people view Yah rewarding them based on what you do EXTERNALLY i.e. good works. Yah only bases salvation and faith on those who receive Christ as Lord and Savior and believe in what He did for their sins. So even a person like Saul, who was the "chief of sinners" accepted Christ and regardless of what he did in his past, he accepted Christ and became a vital element in spreading the Gospel to the Gentiles. But throughout our existence..yes our lives are predestined..Yah knows who will accept Him or not accept Him. But it's not based on "good works", even though the laws or are planted 'in our hearts' it's still null and void if you don't accept His Son.

When accepting Christ..it's a spiritual exchange, not physical. Through Christ's sinless nature working in the believer, studying and believing His words the person is changed from the inside out.
    But if ? knows who will except him and who won't. Why go through all the trouble of sending people out to tell others about him, when he already knows who is going to accept him?? If all I have to do is accept Christ, then does that give me a free pass to do whatever I want??
  • Mr. AJ
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No... it wouldn't be a good ideal to tempt ? as if he wont take your forethought into account regarding making a decision to be disobedient and then purposely taking advantage of the fact that you can ask to be forgiven. That would make you a reprobate because you aren't one making an effort to not be disobedient, your just being disobedient outright and taking advantage of the fact that you can be forgiven. Just know this... your heart is whats going to be judged. If you asking to be forgiven and it's not genuine out of fear of consequence which is part of love for ? then that will be taken into account. If you don't fear ? then there is no need to ask to be forgiven.

As far as being saved... there is no such thing as being saved b4 the time that's set aside for us to be delivered from is at hand. only then will we know if we have been saved or not. It's all based on the efforts we make to qualify getting saved. The Most High salvation for those who passed on is resurrection. Salvation for those that live during that time to come on the earth (called the day of the lord) will be taken out of the way from that moment (then you can say you are saved)

do what it takes to qualify for Salvation (nobody has obtained it yet therefore nobody is saved yet)
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So I can drink, smoke, ? hoes, do all type of dumb illegal ? . But since I'm "saved", and each time I ask ? for forgivness, and I'm working towards a bigger goal, I'm giving a free pass every time??
    But if ? knows who will except him and who won't. Why go through all the trouble of sending people out to tell others about him, when he already knows who is going to accept him?? If all I have to do is accept Christ, then does that give me a free pass to do whatever I want??

Once you accept Christ you have to build yourself to be "Christ-like" by growing into the fruit of the Spirit which is basically the attributes of Yeshua (love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) It's not instantaneous, but it's process into growing into a mature believer and follower. Even though you are saved spiritually, your external (fleshly desires) will still want to do the things you used to do before you got saved. You could still drink, smoke and bang hoes but you'll be having a problem with self control (which is one of the attributes that is most difficult to maintain IMO) but you have a free choice to either maintain it through mind renewal and believing in his Word or live recklessly until it catches up with you.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hell yes! I get back everything I put out, especially when I am aware of what I am doing. That's why I do no wrong when I am aware, because I realize just what it is I will get in return.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No, Im not afraid of something that has never been proven to be true.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Once you accept Christ you have to build yourself to be "Christ-like" by growing into the fruit of the Spirit which is basically the attributes of Yeshua (love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) It's not instantaneous, but it's process into growing into a mature believer and follower. Even though you are saved spiritually, your external (fleshly desires) will still want to do the things you used to do before you got saved. You could still drink, smoke and bang hoes but you'll be having a problem with self control (which is one of the attributes that is most difficult to maintain IMO) but you have a free choice to either maintain it through mind renewal and believing in his Word or live recklessly until it catches up with you.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^real rap