Mmmmm veggie burgers

13»

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Yeah if Food Incs figures are true thats a shame. Me and my folks fall up under that 10% so Im glad. That ? with the Mexican corn is extra ? . BTW, "The Future of Food" is a little more in depth than "Food INC" IMO.

And to answer our question yes and no. The law is ? and be killed. Buts its worse for sentient beings equipped with the faculty of conscience.

I don't know if I want to watch that lol, Food Inc threw my mind for a while.

So because we think we can think and with this thinking ability we think we have we also think we have a conscience, and this is what makes it not moral to eat meat? That's what nature does, there are predators and prey, the web of life. Aren't carnivores on a whole smarter than herbivores in nature? Maybe we are slowly evolving to being strictly meat eaters, and the vegetarians/vegans are like the christians, clinging on for dear life to the old ways or converting "before it's too late"?
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    Aren't carnivores on a whole smarter than herbivores in nature? Maybe we are slowly evolving to being strictly meat eaters, and the vegetarians/vegans are like the christians, clinging on for dear life to the old ways or converting "before it's too late"?

Well, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, true or false, but there are some studies that would disagree with this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6180753.stm
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Why are pigs so nasty?

look at a live pig for 1, 2, trichinosis

Fruits and veggies are sprayed with crazy stuff too.

true. i grow my own. you could too, with all the info on soil biogeochemistry its not hard to start a healthy garden.

Growing Fruits & Vegetables Organically: The Complete Guide to a Great-Tasting, More Bountiful, Problem-Free Harvest [Hardcover]
    by Jean M. A. Nick

i got this book for under a $1.00 minus S&H on amazon.com. its not great, but has good info

Or you could check with local farmer markets and see how they grow their crops
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    oliverlang wrote: »
    human teeth...
    wait, now you're just picking some teeth with the least impressive canine teeth! outrageous!
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited November 2010
    janklow wrote: »
    wait, now you're just picking some teeth with the least impressive canine teeth! outrageous!

lol...even so...i've never seen human teeth like these...

796px-Azawakh_K9.jpg
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Why are pigs so nasty?

look at a live pig for 1, 2, trichinosis

I haven't been to too many pig farms, but I do know if pigs left to their own will eat anything, but on farms I'm sure it's more regulated.

Trichinosis, from raw or undercooked pork that has the parasite. It's like that lettuce that was contaminated by e-coli, ? happens sometimes.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Nothing but respect for the comrades that eat veggies properly(olang/juda style), I don't know how you guys do it, but I couldn't live without fish and chicken....or lam...or cow for that matter lol, nah scrap that I can live without meat, but I couldn't live without fish.....freshly caught fish is the ? , thats why I always hang around the coast lol
  • The_African
    The_African Members Posts: 174
    edited November 2010
    "What's the point of being a vegetarian?"

Empathy.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    "What's the point of being a vegetarian?"

Empathy.

well put. very succinct