It only does everything....except....

Options
Hatter
Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in IllGaming
the PS3 is a great piece of hardware but its not flawless post your complaints about the system

for me the biggest problem is no backwards compatibilty for the slims, i have a bunch of old PS2 games that are useless since i sold my PS2 long long ago thinking "well when i get a ps3 im not gonna need it anyway."

Comments

• Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can count the times I used BC on my 60GB in the last year on one hand. It's cool to have u don't have a lot of PS3 games but once u get ur PS3 library going you won't use it much.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I can count the times I used BC on my 60GB in the last year on one hand. It's cool to have u don't have a lot of PS3 games but once u get ur PS3 library going you won't use it much.

/thread PS3 is Jehova.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hatter wrote: »
    the PS3 is a great piece of hardware but its not flawless post your complaints about the system

for me the biggest problem is no backwards compatibilty for the slims, i have a bunch of old PS2 games that are useless since i sold my PS2 long long ago thinking "well when i get a ps3 im not gonna need it anyway."

Honestly, I don't have a prob with the lack of BC. I played GT4, GOW2, DMC3, KH2 and RE4 on my fatty when I first got it and, with the exception of GOW2, they all looked better when played on the PS2. But, honestly, I have not played a PS2 game since early 2008.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Backwards compatibility is probably my only major beef, that and the fact that I can't listen to the music that I put on the hard drive while I'm playing the games....some games have settings where you can add your music to the game, some don't. But whatever....But yeah, backwards compatability.......
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I aint gon lie though I be bored and want to play FFX all the time
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I still have my fat so no BC isn't an issue, especially since I got an old PS2 for like $25 at a garage sale that I use anyways cause I'm not about to wear out that laser anytime soon. PSN needs more ? though, compared to Live it's still not at that level of content. Japan PSN is ? insane with the amount of content they provide (PS1, PSN originals)
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the gripe i have with sony right now is PSN. they need to upgrade their DL game selection. [i wanna play KOF and Guilty Gear ? with online multi too.]

i save my systems. not worried about BC
  • joshuaboy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I know most of you download movies, but I usually download the BRRips (BluRay) and play them back thru my PS3. I don't burn discs - I plug my external into the USB port and play back from there. Recently, they have started using anti-pirating programs (Cinivia) to cut the audio on the playback. This only works on BluRay players so if the source of the BRRip is a movie is a BR disc encoded with it, then you can't play it on the PS3.

It doesn't do everything!!

Stupes!!
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited November 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I know most of you download movies, but I usually download the BRRips (BluRay) and play them back thru my PS3. I don't burn discs - I plug my external into the USB port and play back from there. Recently, they have started using anti-pirating programs (Cinivia) to cut the audio on the playback. This only works on BluRay players so if the source of the BRRip is a movie is a BR disc encoded with it, then you can't play it on the PS3.

It doesn't do everything!!

Stupes!!

mkv2vob ftw!
  • joshuaboy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    mkv2vob ftw!

Well, what I have started doing is burning them to DVD and playing them on a DVD player. My SSS's DVD player upscales to HD (???) lol, so since the movies are already BR quality, I still get just about the same quality as I would thru the PS3.

Oh, and since I don't really watch movies more than once, I bought DVD-RW's and just re-use them if I come across an affected movie or movies that are .mkv, .m2t etc. that the PS3 doesn't recognise and need converting. :D

They can't stop us. lol
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I've had my backward compatible PS3 since January 2007.
  • mylookiscopywritten
    mylookiscopywritten Members Posts: 61
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Am i a lame for playn psp everywhere i go ? Lol
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Am i a lame for playn psp everywhere i go ? Lol

Syphon Filter on PSP is the ? !
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, what I have started doing is burning them to DVD and playing them on a DVD player. My SSS's DVD player upscales to HD (???) lol, so since the movies are already BR quality, I still get just about the same quality as I would thru the PS3.

Oh, and since I don't really watch movies more than once, I bought DVD-RW's and just re-use them if I come across an affected movie or movies that are .mkv, .m2t etc. that the PS3 doesn't recognise and need converting. :D

They can't stop us. lol

why???

thats a waste of time and money.

wtf is a SSS dvd player?

i have a sony dvd upscaler and it works pretty well on legit dvd's, but i'm pretty sure it has no effect on burns. [least thats what the manual said]
  • joshuaboy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    why???

thats a waste of time and money.

wtf is a SSS dvd player?

i have a sony dvd upscaler and it works pretty well on legit dvd's, but i'm pretty sure it has no effect on burns. [least thats what the manual said]

SSS.....Surround Sound System

I just prefer watching movies on my TV instead of my laptop when I'm in the bedroom. Thats why I bought re-writables - just re-use it for another movie when I'm done.
  • mylookiscopywritten
    mylookiscopywritten Members Posts: 61
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Owwwwwwwww thot i was the only one out here
    stoneface wrote: »
    syphon filter on psp is the ? !
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited November 2010
    Options
    SSS.....Surround Sound System

I just prefer watching movies on my TV instead of my laptop when I'm in the bedroom. Thats why I bought re-writables - just re-use it for another movie when I'm done.

i hear yah.

i just find it easier [if you have mkv files] to rip it to a vob file and copy it to the external. its still in REAL HD, it's quicker and don't have to waste time burning it to discs.