Options
2»

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Did he fire him or not? YES he did,so how is that not 100% accurate?
    because he didn't get fired for WANTING to invade China; he got fired for being incredibly disrespectful of Truman. the firing wasn't about the belief, but about the manner in which he conducted himself.

furthermore, to be technical, it wasn't even so much about invading China as Truman saying "watch how close to China you go" and MacArthur saying "? it" and possibly even accidentally crossing into China and China saying "WHAT" and Truman saying "hey now" and MacArthur saying "? it, we can always nuke the ? out of China" and a bunch of Chinese troops saying "RRR" and then the Korean War taking a serious swing back towards, you know, a stalemate
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    So he's right. ? MacArthur.
    when we unite, our power is unparalleled

too bad you are a damn ? liberal
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    The bottom line is still the same and the post above yours basically says the same thing. ARE you that critical? if someone isn't 100 per cent correct therefore they AREN'T......WTF? he was fired......period.
    first off, let's be clear: my post was "this is not 100% accurate." the person that wanted to dispute this was YOU, which means that your position is what you wrote WAS 100% accurate, which means that you don't have any grounds to complain about me holding your statement to the standard that YOU say it can meet.

so yes, i'm being that critical because YOU are demanding i be that critical.

so back to the topic: they're not basically the same thing. your position was he was fired for his opinion; his opinion was probably not his alone, but what matters is that he was a raging ? in regards to expressing it. you don't think he could have wanted to attack China AND kept his job IF he'd had more interest in acting professionally?