Politcalthugs guide to martial arts and self defense.

Options
politicalthug202
politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Weight Room
I'd thought I'd share my second love with the IC which is martial arts.
ask any question about martial arts or the best style for you for my peeps
that live in cities where we cant legally. carry guns like chicago( ? daley).

Best martial arts for street self defense in order. Judo,MMA,Brazilian jujitsu, Submission wrestling Muay thai,
San shou, American Boxing and Kykoushin karate.

Worst martial arts Tae kwon do,most karate,most kungfu, aikido,
wingchun.

Decent martial arts Jeet Kune do Krav Maga, Kenpo Karate, Hapkido Savate and American Kick Boxing.
My ranking are based on effectiveness in the street, how quickly the art can be learned, cost of school,avaliability of good schools.
and the accesbility for people who are physically strong.

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Best defense/offense for the street is Krav Maga, imo.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yo I always wanted it get in a fight and do something funny.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? just tell me some books to learn this ? cause my momma aint payin for that ?
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    Best defense/offense for the street is Krav Maga, imo.

actually no MMA , Judo, MT BJJ boxing >> krav maga.

why one anybody can be certified in Krav maga if they pay so there is alot bad teachers.
    second you cant practice krav maga 100% in live sparring enviroment.,because the moves are so dangerous.
    and you need to train as alive as possible to get good,doing moves on the air or ? bags will only get you so far.
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    ? just tell me some books to learn this ? cause my momma aint payin for that ?

you wont believe how many ? are trying to learn from them free youtube videos.
  • Mastery
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Of course Krav Maga doesnt have sparring lol It's for real life situations fam. MMA, Judo, BJJ, and Boxing do not teach you how to disarm someone, be it a gun or a knife, etc... As far as bad teachers go, there are bad teachers in every art boss :td You train with/on people as well, just not in a sparring environment. Repetition is key, just like any other thing that is learned. You cant defend yourself in almost any situation with the arts you metioned like you can with Krav Maga. Everyone has an opinion, I respect yours but I do not agree with it.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    whys kyokashin karate the best? whats the difference between it and shotokan?
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Of course Krav Maga doesnt have sparring lol It's for real life situations fam. MMA, Judo, BJJ, and Boxing do not teach you how to disarm someone, be it a gun or a knife, etc... As far as bad teachers go, there are bad teachers in every art boss :td You train with/on people as well, just not in a sparring environment. Repetition is key, just like any other thing that is learned. You cant defend yourself in almost any situation with the arts you metioned like you can with Krav Maga. Everyone has an opinion, I respect yours but I do not agree with it.

you dont understand go to www.bullshido.com or sherdog and learn about aliveness.

if you are not practicing your techniques against a 100% resisting opponents. your chances of pulling off a technique in real life are way lower
    krav maga is alright but way overratted. you have to understand most ppl dont know how to react under real pressure which why Muay thai guys kicked
    karate and the tae kwon do guys ? in the first UFC. because the karate guy were training like the krav maga guys train. just on the air and bags or lightly on their class
    mates. I gurantee alot of ppl who practice krav maga couldnt pull it off in real life.
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    whys kyokashin karate the best? whats the difference between it and shotokan?

kykoushin is brutal they really dont focus so much on form s like shotokan and their sparring
    is a 100% fullcontact in those knockdown karate tournaments none of that ? scoring points ? .
    they focus all on brutal body shots and kicks to the head.
  • Mastery
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you dont understand go to www.bullshido.com or sherdog and learn about aliveness.

if you are not practicing your techniques against a 100% resisting opponents. your chances of pulling off a technique in real life are way lower
    krav maga is alright but way overratted. you have to understand most ppl dont know how to react under real pressure which why Muay thai guys kicked
    karate and the tae kwon do guys ? in the first UFC. because the karate guy were training like the krav maga guys train. just on the air and bags or lightly on their class
    mates. I gurantee alot of ppl who practice krav maga couldnt pull it off in real life.

"Real pressure" is subjective man. Real pressure can be anything from a ? throwing a punch at you to a ? putting a gun in your face, depending on who you ask. About your guarantee... same goes for MMA. Alot of people practice MMA that couldnt pull it off in real life. Real life means weapons of all sorts, situations of all sorts... Krav Maga prepares you better for that than MMA. Once again, we can agree to disagree and keep it moving :tu

• politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    "Real pressure" is subjective man. Real pressure can be anything from a ? throwing a punch at you to a ? putting a gun in your face, depending on who you ask. About your guarantee... same goes for MMA. Alot of people practice MMA that couldnt pull it off in real life. Real life means weapons of all sorts, situations of all sorts... Krav Maga prepares you better for that than MMA. Once again, we can agree to disagree and keep it moving :tu

naw no hard feelings B. Im just saying that ppl who practice MMA usually train against ppl going 80-100%
    what that does for your reflezes is amazing when it comes to real life pressure. if nom-mma dude squares up
    with a mma dude in the street he is getting his ass kicked if there no weapons involved. is MMA a gurantee against weapons
    no it is not but neither is krav maga. MMA guys exceed at hand to hand with no weapons and they scientifically prove that.

krav maga is ok
  • Mastery
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, one art isnt "better" than any other art per say... It all comes down to the individual practicing the art. I believe one art can beat any other art, granted one person is better versed in his art than the other.
  • Mastery
    edited November 2010
    Options
    PT202, what do you think of Ninjitsu?
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also, one art isnt "better" than any other art per say... It all comes down to the individual practicing the art. I believe one art can beat any other art, granted one person is better versed in his art than the other.

I gotta disagree some arts are just better for example muay thai is way better than
    tae kwon do. which why you dont see that many ppl with a strong TKD back ground do well in MMA
    the first UFC proved which arts were better.

tae kwon do even when taught correctly is bad because one its a long range art
    and requires alot of room which u wont get in a self defense situation.
    second high kicks in a self defense situation are highly bad,because one
    the timing of kicks are usually off due to street clothes and leaving ur feet off the ground.
    plus if somebody closes the distance take your legs way your ? .

if you train Muay thai you will no how to trap ppl if they clothes the gap
    they have low powerful kicks that dont require to give up balance for long
    periods of time. and usually one good muay thai kick to the back of the leg
    or rib cage to the other person and the fight is over. plus you have jab, cross and hook
    and elbows..

ninjitsu has the same problems as krav maga in fact even worse not live enough in training
    plus that 1234 step training technique. is bad bcuz its based off assuming reactions from ur opponent
  • Mastery
    edited November 2010
    Options
    For the record, I train mainly in Muay Thai (since 05), with a little bit of JiuJitsu and Krav Maga.
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    For the record, I train mainly in Muay Thai (since 05), with a little bit of JiuJitsu and Krav Maga.

yeah krav maga has some good stuff i just wouldnt recomended as someones base or main
    art unless it was the only thing around
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    What do you think of Pro Wrestling in a real fight. By real fight i mean using the punches and kicks and grabs and stuff, but known of that cinematic time wasting ? . Seems like a stupid question, but theres been reports on PW having enough potential to ? (I saw "America Justice" with the kid and the girl)
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    but ? the fact is im still broke and cant afford no class unless you gone teach me for free
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ksmart wrote: »
    What do you think of Pro Wrestling in a real fight. By real fight i mean using the punches and kicks and grabs and stuff, but known of that cinematic time wasting ? . Seems like a stupid question, but theres been reports on PW having enough potential to ? (I saw "America Justice" with the kid and the girl)

lol ur kidding you wouldnt be able to pull half that stuff on somebody trying to ?
    u. yeah some kids playing around might get hurt, but if a mother ? wanna killu

the rockbottom,stonecold stunner, FU, F5 and RKO aint gonna work.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also what do you think about shoot boxing. Probably close to impossible to find a class for that here in USA that'll teach it.
  • politicalthug202
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ksmart wrote: »
    Also what do you think about shoot boxing. Probably close to impossible to find a class for that here in USA that'll teach it.

shoot boxing is cool, but i cant even find a class in Chicago
  • ineedpussy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    drtycity wrote: »
    but ? the fact is im still broke and cant afford no class unless you gone teach me for free