Is there anyway to change your PSN account name....

Options
Hatter
Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in IllGaming
without starting a new account? me and my wife share a account and she has been adding more and more of her friends so i thought about changing the name to a more Unisex name is there anyway to do this without starting a whole new account.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sure, but say goodbye to your trophies. its the main reason i havent changed or updated my name. I have a really good one planned too.

IMO, its one of the WOATEST aspects of psn. ? party chat, i wanna change my name and/or transfer my trophies to a second account.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How about you just create a separate account for your wife instead of sharing the same one?
  • Hatter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    How about you just create a separate account for your wife instead of sharing the same one?

she has already invited a bunch of her friends and has a bunch of her saves already on my account.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Tell wife to create a new account and have her friends holla at her on that account
    As far as saves goes, that works for any account since its saved on the hdd, the only thing is new acct would have to get the trophies over again
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    sure, but say goodbye to your trophies. its the main reason i havent changed or updated my name. I have a really good one planned too.

IMO, its one of the WOATEST aspects of psn. ? party chat, i wanna change my name and/or transfer my trophies to a second account.

You can change it on xbox but you have to pay 800ms.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    -Karl- wrote: »
    You can change it on xbox but you have to pay 800ms.

id pay twice that to change or even transfer trophies.
  • Hatter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Tell wife to create a new account and have her friends holla at her on that account
    As far as saves goes, that works for any account since its saved on the hdd, the only thing is new acct would have to get the trophies over again

yea thats what ill probably do just wanted to check and see if there was another option b4 i go that route
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    id pay twice that to change or even transfer trophies.

I thought you could change it freely on the PSN.
  • Hatter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    -Karl- wrote: »
    I thought you could change it freely on the PSN.

nope...you cant change it at all apparently if you want a different screen name you have to start a whole new account