Singer/ Songwriter Miguel Releases Debut Album "All I Want Is You" On November 30th

quackish
quackish Members Posts: 2
edited November 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Toronto, ON –After a few years of working behind-the-scenes for major recording artists including Usher and Mary J. Blige, singer/songwriter Miguel is ready to take the world by storm. Executive produced by Mark Pitts and Miguel, the ByStorm/Jive Records artist’s debut album All I Want Is You is slated for digital release November 30th.

The highly anticipated album features the hypnotic first single “All I Want Is You”. The mid-tempo track, produced by Salaam Remi, features rapper J. Cole. The single has hit No.9 on the US Urban Mainstream chart and is still in the Top 10 on the chart. He’s one of a select few new solo artists to have their debut song ? the Top 10 on the Urban Mainstream chart this year. While steadily climbing the US Rhythmic chart, the single has accumulated combined digital and mobile sales of more than 250k to date, south of the border. In Canada, the video is featured at MuchMusic in their staff recommended category and is currently in heavy rotation at MuchMoreMusic and MuchVibe. This past summer Miguel was chosen to be in BET’s “Music Matters” program which is a campaign that selectively highlights new artists on the rise.

The album also features his second single“Sure Thing” (http://release.sonymusic.com/media/release/5a77cff43c2a5098f606?catalog=catalog_69← Click on link to stream). The track, produced by Happy Perez, currently has over eight million plays on MySpace and helped Miguel gain a steady and loyal fan base throughout his rising career. The single will be available at iTunes on album street date and will be serviced to Canadian radio January 10.

Miguel, who is bi-racial (his mother is African-American and his father is Mexican), is a captivating singer, songwriter, producer, and performer who fuses funk, hip-hop and electro to create a unique sound that he identifies as “eclectric.” He has been embraced by his peers and is described as an “artist’s artist” which has lead to several high profile performances and accolades. LA Times describes Miguel as an “intriguing young newcomer…” New York Times declares, “Miguel plays tortured soul man with a nod or two to Prince.” MTV.com adds, “The Cali native said he wanted to push the boundaries of R&B. He seems well on his way.”

Miguel is currently the opening act on the American dates of Usher’s critically acclaimed “? Tour” that kicked off in Seattle November 10. He recently wrapped his first national tour as opener for Mary J. Blige's “Music Saved My Life Tour” in which he received glowing reviews. Stay tuned for his upcoming tele*vision appearances which include Jimmy Kimmel Live (November 30) and Late Show with David Letterman (January 2011).

www.officialmiguel.com

Tara Muldoon

Publicist, Bystorm Ent (J Cole, Miguel, Rich Kiddl)

[email protected]

Comments

• boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited November 2010
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    edited November 2010
    i just pre-ordered his album... i can't wait to hear it all on tuesday!
    the title track has been in heavy rotation on my iPod since it dropped... it's just such a good track, lyrically, musically, vocally, and of course with the verses from J. Cole its just over the top

http://bit.ly/cZ5Dzc
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    I been telling folks about this kat!

I love that track with J.Cole "all i want is you" and another one by Miguel titled "sure thing"

Yea i'm coppin this ablum for sure!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    i must be one of the few people who doesn't like that All I Want Is You song...i need to hear some other stuff from him but I literally cannot stand his single
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    blackrain wrote: »
    i must be one of the few people who doesn't like that All I Want Is You song...i need to hear some other stuff from him but I literally cannot stand his single

I admit that when I 1st heard it, I wasn't really feeling it. But one day, I sat down and seriously gave it a good listen; it's a pretty dope song. I bump it on the iPod constantly. The lyrics are on point...which makes it a bit better than the typical "We Broke Up, But Now I Want You Back" type of song. J. Cole's verses were tight, too.

I initially thought this song was relegated to airplay on VH1Soul. I might check the album out on iTunes when it drops and see if anything else by Miguel catches my ear.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    I admit that when I 1st heard it, I wasn't really feeling it. But one day, I sat down and seriously gave it a good listen; it's a pretty dope song. I bump it on the iPod constantly. The lyrics are on point...which makes it a bit better than the typical "We Broke Up, But Now I Want You Back" type of song. J. Cole's verses were tight, too.

I initially thought this song was relegated to airplay on VH1Soul. I might check the album out on iTunes when it drops and see if anything else by Miguel catches my ear.

yeah just recently i started feeling J Cole's verses on there but overall I still don't like the song...i can't even really pinpoint why, it's not a bad song I just don't like it
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    He's touring with Usher and Trey Songz.
    I was kinda upset that I arrived too late to see him perform.