Rihanna Makes Billboard History

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Two weeks after topping the Billboard Hot 100 with "What's My Name?" (featuring Drake), Rihanna will return to No. 1 on the chart released Thursday (Nov. 25) with "Only Girl (In the World)," the debut single from her new album, "Loud."

It's the first time in Hot 100 history that an album's debut single reaches No. 1 after the second single does. "What's My Name" dips 7-8 on the Hot 100, though it does take the Airplay Gainer for a fourth straight week. "Loud, meanwhile, debuts at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.

"Only Girl" is Rihanna's fourth single to ascend to No. 1 in 2010, making her the first female, and first artist overall since Usher in 2004, to hit the top that many times in a single calendar year. Rihanna also moves to the forefront for most No. 1s in the millennium (since 2000), as "Only Girl" is her ninth track to lead the list. She had been tied with Usher for the past two weeks, with eight chart-toppers since 2000.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/rihanna-s-only-girl-rebounds-to-no-1-on-1004130511.story?tag=hpflash3

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Nice one... she deserves it
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Mariah Carrey is shook right now, it's only a time before he record goes down. Music is so disposable now!!
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited November 2010
    well nothing lasts forever, so mariah carey shouldn't be surprised, thinking that she's going to sit at the top all the time and no one is going to knock her spot
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2010
    there's nothing special about this girl, i just don't get it. and i have a friend who loves her. her look, her style, her voice, her songs all just bland to me, overrated to say the least. i'm amazed about these #1 songs, i guess all u need is to b an established star and then all your music is played on heavy rotation by default no matter if its good or not and then of course that leads to it going #1 smh. lmao at mariah being shook, yea whatever
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    there's nothing special about this girl, i just don't get it. and i have a friend who loves her. her look, her style, her voice, her songs all just bland to me, overrated to say the least. i'm amazed about these #1 songs, i guess all u need is to b an established star and then all your music is played on heavy rotation by default no matter if its good or not and then of course that leads to it going #1 smh. lmao at mariah being shook, yea whatever

mayne thats alot of hat....unfavorable opinions
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2010
    gns wrote: »
    mayne thats alot of hat....unfavorable opinions

no hate here at all. i just don't get her appeal. but im sure there are artists that i love and u wouldn't see their appeal either. its all objective ? , damn.
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited November 2010
    ? Rihanna...
    and that's from the heart...
    lol
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    she's not gonna sell show tickets tho...
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited November 2010
    Congrats to her. I like both of those songs.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited November 2010

co-? -sign! LOL @ Mariah being shook.

Does Rihanna even have a diamond album? LOL
  • illusionz
    illusionz Members Posts: 19
    edited November 2010
    Rihanna is a genius she has a solid team.It's difficult to sell singles much more albums in these times.So for her to have two #1 singles and a top album thats big!