...Bad news but no surprise for Nipsey.

H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Reason
Nipsey_Hussle-Album_Postponed.jpg

In what he describes as a creative move, Nipsey decides to drop another mixtape instead of his South Central State of Mind album.

Nipsey Hussle literally has dozens of mixtapes circulating through cyberspace—not to mention his Bullets Ain’t Got No Name trilogy, all of which have barcodes and can be purchased via iTunes and Amazon.com. They’ve helped the South Central emcee create a buzz for his tentatively titled debut, South Central State of Mind, but people hoping to see that album in stores will have to wait. Nip took to his Twitter account to announce his album was indefinitely on hold, but he will release a mixtape entitled The Marathon on December Nipsey tweeted that the decision was “a creative move to ensure that I give my true believers my best offering on my debut album.”

webNipsey-2010_250_normal.jpgNipsey Hussle
NipseyHussle

Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    SMH on hold indefinitely
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    That was the best move for him rite now. If he wudve dropped his album it wd have surely flopped. Nipsey is Super talented but he's not getting the push or gettin any features to push his career. Even if he never drops he needs some help to get him into the mainstream so that atleast he'll b able to tour. ? like Game, Dre, Cube, n Snoop need to be pushing dudes like him. He's the best hope for the west
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited November 2010
    i dont know i cant c nipsey blowin up real big cuz he kinda remindz me of a snoop clone..atleast da 9erz won! lol
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Aaaah, I need that album Nipsey!
  • AboveTheClouds.
    AboveTheClouds. Members Posts: 151
    edited November 2010
    gee757 wrote: »
    i dont know i cant c nipsey blowin up real big cuz he kinda remindz me of a snoop clone..atleast da 9erz won! lol

anyone can blow all it takes is one hit, nipsey needs a hit but wont be able to do it alone.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Nipsey that dude sad how he aint gettin the shine these other new cats gettin
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    nippsey won't blow up since wiz just snathced that spot. nippsey has the flow and has had several songs that haqd potential but him being from the west coast and the fact he hasn't produced a definative hit or defiitive tape yet hurts. nippsey will fall off soon like a few other freshmen rappers...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    snoop and nipsey are cousins
  • gee757
    edited November 2010
    anyone can blow all it takes is one hit, nipsey needs a hit but wont be able to do it alone.

yeah rite...but nipsey comez off like a snoop clone 2 me i dont c him blowin up on da east...
  • bmoreeast
    edited November 2010
    CirocObama wrote: »
    what is u talkin about?

Game and Snoop, especially Game helped Nipsey get on. The problem is you ? think he's indie..he's not he's signed to Epic and only been signed for 2 years. You ? act like this aint happened to some of the best rappers out there..its part of paying ur dues i guess.

However i do hope that he's on Detox but i doubt it.

? in here mentioning Wiz like Wiz wasn't out there droppin constant flops the first few years..like i said Nipsey is a brand new artist dude only been signed 2 years chill. He's a young dude he got time.

I actually didnt really mean to put Game but how the ? is Snoop helpn him. Look at Miami n Atl promote the next best thing smoking n their cities. Thm ? will b on everything. Its bad for a dude coming out the eastcoast so imagine a westcoast cat. He needs double the help. I ? wit Nipsey heavy but he's dying out west.
  • gee757
    edited November 2010
    that's on YOU. That's something that bothers me about hip-hop..just cuz some1 LOOKS like another person doesn't mean they wanna be like them.

I mean DMX reminds alot of ppl about 2pac so because of that ? said he tried to be like him even though when you look back at his old tapes way before 2pac was famous he was still rappin the same way.

Nipsey's music doesn't sound like Snoop it's just that he looks like Snoop.

im just sayin nipsey comez off like a snoop rip off if he blowz up fa real ill admit i was wrong...
  • gee757
    edited November 2010
    ^ well like i said we will c wat happenz & if im wrong ill admit it...
  • theorynbt
    theorynbt Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Nippsey got his own lane. He sorta looks like Snoop, but its not a Snoop-swag, its a Crip-Swag he has out here. Lyrically, they are way different. Oh well, I guess i will be anticipating the mixtape. I was hoping he would blow so they West could get some exposure, but it dont look like it.

My other WC hopefuls that failed:

Glasses Malone (nope, never dropped)
    Jay Rock ( nope, on the independent tip with Tech9, got into a semi-beef with cube so he ? himself)
    Topic (good lyrics, but no good machine behind him)
    Maylay (staying loyal to Dub-C and Cube, but will never blow unless that make another GTA San Andreas.)
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    i guess i can co-sign the move but to be honest im not really into nipsey like that

dom kennedy>>
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    He better off doing what Jay Rock did, Warner was gon keep that ? on the shelf forever
  • ysl313
    edited November 2010
    i guess i can co-sign the move but to be honest im not really into nipsey like that

dom kennedy>>

yeah dom is a better artist
  • bmoreeast
    edited November 2010
    I mean Nipsey did a few songs with Snoop and got on a lil tour with Snoop. But you gotta remember Snoop is not the same Snoop anymore. Even though he's still a major player in the game as far as connections, he's not selling records anymore. Snoop's star power started droppin heavy after The Blue Carpet Treatment. That album did like 300+ first week out and went plat. But after it's been goin downhill.

That is why the Westcoast relies so much on Dre, not only cuz he a dope producer but because he's the only one with enough star power to get the rest of WC MC's noticed.

U your def right. Its sad see'n my man drown over there cuz he's actually talented.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Its frustrating but I cant give up on my coast, if Dr. Dre wanted to he could make Nipsey a force in this ? but he has other priorities.

I guess Tyga is doin his thing tho', and the indie circuit out west is strong.
  • ysl313
    edited November 2010
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Its frustrating but I cant give up on my coast, if Dr. Dre wanted to he could make Nipsey a force in this ? but he has other priorities.

I guess Tyga is doin his thing tho', and the indie circuit out west is strong.

dre's priorities = selling headphones...
  • theorynbt
    theorynbt Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Dre is like uncle ruckus to an extent......"DONT TRUSS THEM NEW ? OVA DERE!!!"
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Really Nipsey is like every other nice rapper now, they were born too late if we was in the 90's he would be gettin ready to release his second album and wack ? like gucci and waka would be no where near a mic.