If you love your family more than ? ...

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Then that is considered idolatry.

Our love for ? should never be the same love for our family, who we can physically see, touch and talk to. Our love for ? should be more than that of the love for our family. We should only worship and LOVVVEE ? .

Told to me by a wonderful Christian! (sorry for the ? sarcasm but this irks the ? outta me)

Ummm, yeah, thoughts?

Comments

• glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Most Christians I know have this sort of thinking as well. Except the ones that say they are a Christian just because, and they've never opened a bible in their entire lives.

When I was younger, about 7 years old, I asked my mom this question just to see what she would say.

Who do you love more, ? or me? "I love you both equally."

I was actually expecting her to say she loves ? more/
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How can anyone love ? more though? When I was a believer I found that too stupid and hard. You have a family, a physical family. Your children whom you hug everyday, who you tuck in, who you cater to. Those kids are your life, you'd ? someone for them rather than ? for ? . (at least I would)

Then your wife, the woman you lay with every night. The love is different, unlike any other. The bond is a physical and sexual and mental bond.

Family is stronger than ? and I had that thought when I was believer, I could never put my family 2nd. I always found that absurd. ? made us with emotion & minds so if that is the case, why say I'm first they're 2nd? He should already know there's no possible way someone could do that. I've never heard some family person say, "I love ? more than family", they always say it's equal but then in the same note say you can't love anyone more than ? . What the ? ? And there is NO different kind of love for ? and family in a separate category.
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you have a point, but we all know "scc" say the darnest things, but what the "scc" fail to tell you is how do we love the Lord? We show Him our love by keeping His commandments per the scriptures , which most scc do away with. The Love for the Lord has nothing to do w/emotional love but obedience to His laws, commandments & statutes.
    Now we are to Love the Lord more than family when it comes to a family member trying their best to convince you to do something that you know is contrary to what the Most High would want for you, so in rejecting your family member to Keep His commandments you are showing Love to the Lord.
    & the book tells us to Love our family, because how can we not love our family & we see them everyday but claim to love the Lord & see Him not?
  • JudahIsraelite
    JudahIsraelite Members Posts: 60
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »
    you have a point, but we all know "scc" say the darnest things, but what the "scc" fail to tell you is how do we love the Lord? We show Him our love by keeping His commandments per the scriptures , which most scc do away with. The Love for the Lord has nothing to do w/emotional love but obedience to His laws, commandments & statutes.
    Now we are to Love the Lord more than family when it comes to a family member trying their best to convince you to do something that you know is contrary to what the Most High would want for you, so in rejecting your family member to Keep His commandments you are showing Love to the Lord.
    & the book tells us to Love our family, because how can we not love our family & we see them everyday but claim to love the Lord & see Him not?

great post ahch..keepn it scripted. Why would you love your family more than the Most High who created YOU and everything in existence? The Most High provides and determines all, your family at best is nothing more than emotional comfort
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its like being able to look at your loved ones and think, "I'd rather have happiness than have you", how many of us could say this, and how many would actually choose it.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Israelites wrote: »

Co-sign this right here...obedience is the "love"..when it comes to The Most High.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i cant say that i have bared witness to actual true love by observation of another, and if such does exist, how is that measured?
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Co-sign this right here...obedience is the "love"..when it comes to The Most High.

Props bro.... those with eyes will see & understand the true meaning of love according to the Most High.
  • Israelites
    edited December 2010
    Options
    great post ahch..keepn it scripted. Why would you love your family more than the Most High who created YOU and everything in existence? The Most High provides and determines all, your family at best is nothing more than emotional comfort

there's no other way than to keep it scripted bro...

Matthew 12:50 (King James Version)

50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's a barbaric and idiotic philosophy that the Bible expresses.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's a barbaric and idiotic philosophy that the Bible expresses.

Taken into the right context, it's not. I mean, would you choose your family and friends over breathing oxygen? If so, you're going to die.