Let's do some grown-up talk about "The Illuminati."

124»

Comments

• alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    If one of these French Freemasons came to you for assistance, would you have to turn him down because of his "illegitimate" lodge?

No I wouldn't turn his request for assistance down but it would be done in the vein of assisting mankind which all Masons are obligated to do within certain limits. So if I came across a man making a masonic distress signal and then found out he was clandestine I'd still help him, it just wouldn't be as a mason helping another mason which really is no different from a mason helping a non-mason in most cases. And Major, you well know that people outside of our organization won't even begin to understand how things work within. As far as why REGULAR Freemasonry requires belief in deity is because of certain obligations which will not be discussed here. Bottom line is if your lodge doesn't have a Charter to open and conduct Masonic business from the UGLE then it is IRREGULAR\CLANDESTINE.
  • alvarez_313
    edited November 2010
    are the prince hall secret handshakes more elaborate and showy?

No they aren't.. I'm greeted by Brothers from REGULAR non-Prince Hall lodges with the same grips that my PHA brothers greet me with.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    And Major, you well know that people outside of our organization won't even begin to understand how things work within.
    That's because you don't give us any good hints.
    As far as why REGULAR Freemasonry requires belief in deity is because of certain obligations which will not be discussed here.
    Can you discuss why you think these French atheists are confident in their ability to do Masony stuff anyway?
  • alvarez_313
    edited November 2010
    That's because you don't give us any good hints.

Can you discuss why you think these French atheists are confident in their ability to do Masony stuff anyway?

LMAO @ good hints lol.. As for the question you asked.. I guess they are confident in their ability because they feel strongly about it but that doesn't make it legitimate in the eyes of regular Freemasons. I guess the easiest way I can explain it is like this, don't laugh cause I'm sleepy. It's kinda like the difference between Cool Water cologne and Cool Breeze (if you like cool water you'll love cool breeze) lol, you kinda get my drift? Also make note of this, the interaction between regular Freemasons and irregular is really up to the individual.. Granted there are things that we cannot discuss with irregulars and things we cannot do with them, outside of those things it's up to the individual Brother in how he chooses to deal with them. Hell the salesman that sold me my car is a member of an irregular lodge but he still gave me a hellacious deal. Most of the brothers that I know don't ostracize them and openly talk to them, but not about certain things. Then again you'll have some bros from regular lodges that won't say a damn word to an irregular.. It was interesting for me once I got raised because then I found a LOT of my old friends were members of irregular Lodges and they'd talk to me about certain things that I could offer no input on and they'd be like "oh there you go on that Prince Hall ? "..
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    "oh there you go on that Prince Hall ? "..

Yes, I didnt know until after I joined that one of my closest friends and a very knowledgeable brother as far as masonic info goes was a member of an unrecognized lodge. Some time last year I explained some of the things I'd come to find about how the whole thing works. He was slow to come to agreement, but soon realized what I was showing him was true. Other bros. that he had interacted with usually got the "prince hall ? " you are referring to.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited November 2010
    They're already privy to all of your secrets since their organization started from the same root, so I don't see how refusing to offer your input makes any difference.
  • major pain
    edited December 2010
    They're already privy to all of your secrets since their organization started from the same root, so I don't see how refusing to offer your input makes any difference.

An assumption you are making and a wrong one at that.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited December 2010
    major pain wrote: »
    An assumption you are making and a wrong one at that.

What's changed since the formation of the French Grand Lodge (forgot its name, close enough approximation) that you guys haven't shared with them?
  • major pain
    edited December 2010
    What's changed since the formation of the French Grand Lodge (forgot its name, close enough approximation) that you guys haven't shared with them?

Well, we werent referring to the French Grand Lodge, Grand Orient of France. But regarding that, MANY things have changed and do change. I'm sure you will inquire as to what so here's an example. Many of the degrees and the information within them, have not always been in place as they are now.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited December 2010
    You consistently say that none of the degrees really matter except the first three. Are you telling me the Grand Orient of France doesn't even have those? Because that's verifiably untrue.
  • GOUSA
    GOUSA Members Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    There is a lot of inaccurate information being tossed around in cyberspace. This link as some good information on the subject. I especially enjoyed the Thesis written by Hanna Ayers titled "Founding Freemasons".
  • GOUSA
    GOUSA Members Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
  • major pain
    edited December 2010
    You consistently say that none of the degrees really matter except the first three. Are you telling me the Grand Orient of France doesn't even have those? Because that's verifiably untrue.

Bruh bruh, I've never said they dont matter. I said they are not HIGHER. Be reasonable here for a second, do you think that an organization that has gone so far as to change the core requirements to be a freemason, have not changed some of the information?
  • major pain
    edited December 2010
    GOUSA wrote: »

Another irregular group.
  • alvarez_313
    edited December 2010
    major pain wrote: »
    Another irregular group.

Then they think we are being arrogant when we say profanes will never really understand the way it works. I think that if you're not IN it then you don't understand the proper way to LOOK at it..
  • major pain
    edited December 2010
    Then they think we are being arrogant when we say profanes will never really understand the way it works. I think that if you're not IN it then you don't understand the proper way to LOOK at it..

Yea, could use any number of terms, but irregular....just... fits.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    There are people in the INDUSTRY who can tell you that ? like this exist. People who know that this is for real. I mean, grown up talk... For all the "facts" here, there are "facts" to dispute even on top of theories. It's all in what you believe and who you believe in.