Options
2»

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Damn I ain't see this 'til just now. I meant distant and blank in the sense that they're like deaf people who speak. Without a template to emulate, and since they can't hear their own voice or the voices of others, they sound like an autistic Mike Tyson since they're unaware of the nuances of speech. Such as pitch, tone, depth, etc... So I'd imagine that a blind person's soul be distant since their eyes are always out of focus (they only stare off into the distance) so you can't understand their intent just by seeing into their eyes (ie, their soul is distant because it's impossible to see through it). Nah mean?

Like deaf speech is an attempt to communicate verbally without one of the most important parts of verbal communication (hearing), reading a blind person's intentions through their ? expressions/eyes is a form of non-verbal communication (NVC, if you will) lacking one of THE most important parts of NVC.

And yes, I'd imagine their soul is blank in the sense it's "missing" something vital to what makes us human. A lot of who we are as people is dictated by what we see/hear or HAVE seen/heard. So someone with an impairment like that might just have an "incomplete" soul. I'm prolly wrong about that tho. ? changes his mind more than skrippas change they drawls.
    Oh ok, I see what you're saying.
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    you all are putting to much thought into this..If "the eyes are the window to the soul', that doesnt make a blind person soulless, it just means they have tinted windows.

Of course it doesn't make them soulless, but it doesn't lessen my wonder about why just bcuz they can't see out their eyes that you can't see anything in their eyes.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Of course it doesn't make them soulless, but it doesn't lessen my wonder about why just bcuz they can't see out their eyes that you can't see anything in their eyes.

well couldnt they say the same for you? they cant see your eyes either.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well couldnt they say the same for you? they cant see your eyes either.

Technically yes, but I have the option to say I can't see ? in their eyes even though I have the ability to see, they however can't.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Technically yes, but I have the option to say I can't see ? in their eyes even though I have the ability to see, they however can't.

i suppose, but check this out, you cant "technically" see a persons soul when you use your sight to look into someone's eyes, you are using one of your many senses to make that determination
    of what type/kind of soul they possess. Blind people use their other senses to do the same..And being that they dont have the sense of sight, their other senses are heightened.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i suppose, but check this out, you cant "technically" see a persons soul when you use your sight to look into someone's eyes, you are using one of your many senses to make that determination
    of what type/kind of soul they possess. Blind people use their other senses to do the same..And being that they dont have the sense of sight, their other senses are heightened.

Yes I understand all that, but it still doesn't lessen my wonder about why you can't see anything in their eyes just bcuz they're blind.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes I understand all that, but it still doesn't lessen my wonder about why you can't see anything in their eyes just bcuz they're blind.

Because if they can't see you, you can't see them.

Maybe that's the case, I dunno....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Because if they can't see you, you can't see them.

Maybe that's the case, I dunno....
    That's an interesting take on it
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Blind people prolly have more soul than everybody in this thread combined.....

1faqx.jpg
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    BA I dunno if they have soul but ? don't wanna touch em

Leviticus 21:16-23*(New Living Translation)

Lol how people can read this and not realize the bible was penned by man's mind idk.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? do blind people dream???
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah like are all their dreams in sound?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah like are all their dreams in sound?

do blind people imagine??
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    They must, just not in imagery.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited December 2010
    Options

if you understand all of that, then what exactly are you looking for in their eyes?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if you understand all of that, then what exactly are you looking for in their eyes?

Their individual form of expression.
    Edit: that's the best way I can put it, the "thing" seen in eyes is not an easy "thing" to describe.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That was unexpected
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    do you ever expect me?

Sometimes :o