shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Fashion Forward
i need to kno this :confused:

Comments

• Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Kenneith Cole

Guess(They might bring back the one with the hood attach this year again...check in Macy's around next month or so)

Nautica
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    there isnt a "best" brand of peacoats; what you'll be looking for is the quality of the coat with the fabrics like: Cashmere, wool, Wool/polyamide ( are more expensive fabrics) and Recycled wool,polyester,rayon, and other fibers ( are less expensive fabrics). however, depending on the style that you'll desire; you'll get a pretty good peacoat.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Sterlingwear official supplier of peacoats to the United States Navy. http://www.sterlingwear.com/cart/index.php?p=page&page_id=about_us

About Us

Made to the same exacting standards as the garments we manufacture for the
    U.S. military, Sterlingwear's retail collection is a showcase for the finest quality construction on the market today.

Sterlingwear of Boston, Inc., has been the manufacturer of the official United States Navy pea coat for over 40 years. Started as Viking Clothing in 1965, now in its third generation of leadership, this family-owned and operated business has evolved into a state-of-the-art clothing manufacturing company, employing over 250 men and women in the New England area.

In addition to serving the needs of our brave servicemen and women, we are proud to offer a commercial line of superior outerwear to you, our customer. We have taken the skills and craftsmanship of our loyal and dedicated union workforce, the very best of domestic and imported materials, along with the exact quality control standards required by the United States government and created an outstanding line of outerwear for the entire family.

Sterlingwear of Boston is pleased to offer an alternative to foreign imports and to have created a brand that serves both fashion and function. Needless to say, we are very confident that you will find the Sterlingwear brand of pea coat and outwear to be as outstanding in style, craftsmanship, and value as we believe it to be.

I wouldn't buy a "name brand peacoat," A Guess, Calvin Klein, or Kenneth Cole peacoat is basically the same thing as any other peacoat, with the exception of the name. Which is an excuse to charge you more. I personally would I want the same thing that sailors wear because I for a fact that it's going to keep me warm.
  • Blazedadon87x
    edited September 2010
    there isnt a "best" brand of peacoats; what you'll be looking for is the quality of the coat with the fabrics like: Cashmere, wool, Wool/polyamide ( are more expensive fabrics) and Recycled wool,polyester,rayon, and other fibers ( are less expensive fabrics). however, depending on the style that you'll desire; you'll get a pretty good peacoat.

i got most all of my peacoats when they hit clearnance at macy's during the past seasons so $10 to $100 i paid the most for my peacoats
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i got most all of my peacoats when they hit clearnance at macy's during the past seasons so $10 to $100 i paid the most for my peacoats

right!! that's dope. Macys always have a sale on everything. I find no need to by retail prices when shopping at macys cause the next week it'll have a 30 percent markdown. But I always suggest Nordstrom rack or hit up Nordstroms anniversay sale; thats when they sale the fall collection before the fall season drops.
  • Blazedadon87x
    edited September 2010
    right!! that's dope. Macys always have a sale on everything. I find no need to by retail prices when shopping at macys cause the next week it'll have a 30 percent markdown. But I always suggest Nordstrom rack or hit up Nordstroms anniversay sale; thats when they sale the fall collection before the fall season drops.

Thats pracrically my second job right now....used to be my main job,and a ? was getting ? almost every week that was originally $75 to $200 down to 50% to 75% percent off clerance plus coupons' discounts and employee discount...so basically anywhere from $10 to $100 the most....
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Like charlie and ole boy said.. Dont buy it because of the brand, get it because of the fabric... I stil got my peacoat from boot camp and that ? is thick...
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I still have my peacoat from when I enlisted in the Navy in 1990
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i don't wear coats in the winter
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i don't wear coats in the winter

If u live in D.C....yes u do. Probably rock northface.
  • qdub
    qdub Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Got Mine from Burlington Coat Factory lat Christmas. It was no fancy brand but it was heavy, wool, and double-brested. Very good quality.
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Army/Navy surplus stores and get one, them ? heavy too
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited October 2010

Good call. Pea coats are lame.

Overcoats >>>>
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    <<<<<<
    was rocking pea coats before they became popular, but I do have over coats too. Hit up the thrift store and copped some nice joints
  • barbararhea
    barbararhea Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    I read this post. I think the only way to get what you want is to go custom.
    The London show some signs that should be able to help.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited November 2010
    Gap do good peacoats.
  • joshrego
    joshrego Members Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Many people wear a pea coat navy because of his style. They often look very good for those who wear them and they are not as expensive as many other coats . These types of layers have a classic look to them and are worn by everyone, not just sailors. In addition, many people wear them because it is a common coats to wear for those in the Navy.
  • -JB-
    -JB- Banned Users Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2010
    The one that keep yo ass warm, ? a name , and logo

HELLO KOKO, HOW U?