Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory appreciation thread...

Options
G.R.I.P. Money $$$
G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Personally a Classic album...i think this is the 10 year anniversary...

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited December 2010
    Options

damn its been that long and i still know tha words to most of the album like it came out last week...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Papercut and One Step Closer >>>>
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    damn i need to check for them again. ive only heard a few songs since Hybrid Theory. and i dont even remember most of HT.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    co-sign thread. Meteora is the ? too. Too bad Mike Shinoda openly sold out and pretty much said ? the fans we'll do what we wanna do.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yea i missed this linkin park. brings back memories
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is back when they were dope. *appreciates*
  • BIGC129
    BIGC129 Members Posts: 635
    edited December 2010
    Options
    man i loved this cd brings me back 2 a easier and less stressfull time in my life ....first time i heard papercut was on mtv late nite was like hmm wtf is this cause i dont ? wit nothing other then hip hop but man im glad i grabbed that ? back in the day didnt have 2 skip 1 song just sitten listen 2 some dude screamin is a great way 2 let some anger out
  • Jsince90s
    Jsince90s Members Posts: 180
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Nice thread dude, slept on this for like 7 years
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited December 2010
    Options
    co-sign thread. Meteora is the ? too. Too bad Mike Shinoda openly sold out and pretty much said ? the fans we'll do what we wanna do.
    yea i missed this linkin park. brings back memories
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    this is back when they were dope. *appreciates*

triple co sign...
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I liked Hybird Theory.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Papercut, Runaway, In the End, Forgotten, Cure for the Itch....I listen to this when I'm in a foul mood, by the end I'm usually good to go.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I remember when I first bought the CD and the opening notes to Papercut started playing. My mind was blown for the next 45 minutes straight. That ? was ? classic.

To this day, I can't say I've ever heard an opening track make such an epic statement on a debut album. That ? is still dope 10 years later like Jagged Little Pill and Sublime (the album) was.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wait how the hell did Shinoda sell-out? SMH
    Also why hasn't this been done before? Classic effin album. I'm mad Rick Rubin said they should focus more on instrumentals instead of rapping and they took his advice
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Wait how the hell did Shinoda sell-out? SMH
    Also why hasn't this been done before? Classic effin album. I'm mad Rick Rubin said they should focus more on instrumentals instead of rapping and they took his advice

if you dont know ? about it then google the ? . all Im gonna say is there is a reason their music doesnt even sound like its by the same people. Shinoda said some ? like he doesnt care what the "vocal minority" thinks (people that want the old sound back) and that they will continue to do whatever they want. if that aint sellin out then I dont know what is.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if you dont know ? about it then google the ? . all Im gonna say is there is a reason their music doesnt even sound like its by the same people. Shinoda said some ? like he doesnt care what the "vocal minority" thinks (people that want the old sound back) and that they will continue to do whatever they want. if that aint sellin out then I dont know what is.

I don't know about all of that, but I definitely do remember something about Rick Rubin telling them to focus more on the instrumentals and that's why their stuff sounds different because they've gone away from that Limp Bizkit type style they used to have
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't know about all of that, but I definitely do remember something about Rick Rubin telling them to focus more on the instrumentals and that's why their stuff sounds different because they've gone away from that Limp Bizkit type style they used to have

yeah thats true. fans thought Rick Rubin was the cause for the change in sound but Mike Shinoda did an interview and said that it wasnt Rick Rubin that made them change, they did it themselves and goes on to make that vocal minorty ? comment.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yeah thats true. fans thought Rick Rubin was the cause for the change in sound but Mike Shinoda did an interview and thats when he made that vocal minorty ? comment.

It was probably both then.
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It was probably both then.

no he said that they changed their sound because they wanted to not because of Rubin.
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    either way, they still sold out and turned they back on what made them famous.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no he said that they changed their sound because they wanted to not because of Rubin.

Doubt it but whatever you say dude. That's a big influence cuz
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1st "rock" CD i ever bought.. I was in highschool at that time. this album helped me to seek out other music genres i might like.
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Doubt it but whatever you say dude. That's a big influence cuz

dog, it came out of Mike Shinoda's mouth. Imma get the interview so u'll ? about it.
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Game, Set, Match... now ?

The band's follow-up to Meteora was produced by Rick Rubin. Fans have been saying on several message boards and blogs that he's changed their sound. Vocalist/multi-instrumentalist -- and co-producer -- Mike Shinoda dispels any notion that the change in Linkin Park's style was made by the famous producer.

"I don't agree with that. I go on the message board. You go ask anybody on the Linkin Park message boards, they know I'm on there and they know the band is watching. The band goes on occasionally we've always been very active with the fans and we stay that way. We know what people are saying out there, and I have to say: Number One - we call them the vocal minority. There are a smaller number of people who are very vocal, and then there's a lot of people who sit there and they do their own thing."
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt classify that as sellin out, they just changed it up...and i really wish they didnt...everyone fell off the nu-metal "fad" but if u ask me bands like korn, linkin park etc were best wit that style...
  • smokelahoma
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt classify that as sellin out, they just changed it up...and i really wish they didnt...everyone fell off the nu-metal "fad" but if u ask me bands like korn, linkin park etc were best wit that style...

lol so you dont call completely changing your identity, losing the fanbase that got you there for an entirely new fanbase, selling out? then what the ? is sir? explain to me.