Coica

Options
Fazeem_Blackall
Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Social Lounge
Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act ...

Lets discuss how the Media is ignoring this act. Lets talk about none of the Big 3 Media/News Sites/Stations Fox, MSNBC and CNN have any stories abut the seizures of Domains/Websites and the reasons behind why only HIpHop Websites have been hit at this Point. What is really going on to create this Kind of Media Blackout and Are we really trying to fall in line with the same type of Censorship as China? It is obvious Obam does not really give a ? about average barely above at or below Poverty peoples and that he is more concerned with keeping his Hollywood Supporters contributing at this point. What will be next as pointless wasted legislation is pushed and things of major impact to the nation are ignored???

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I told people Obama supported censoring the internet.

They didn't believe me.

But the good news is that electronic media piracy cannot be stopped. Don't worry if you can't download the newest mixtapes for a couple days. You will find the torrents within the week. Torrents aren't going anywhere. And if for some reason you don't like torrents, new sites with new links will be up within days.

The bad news is that companies are going to move their servers out of the US because of this new policy. Goodbye, information economy.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

They didn't believe me.

But the good news is that electronic media piracy cannot be stopped. Don't worry if you can't download the newest mixtapes for a couple days. You will find the torrents within the week. Torrents aren't going anywhere. And if for some reason you don't like torrents, new sites with new links will be up within days.

The bad news is that companies are going to move their servers out of the US because of this new policy. Goodbye, information economy.

on this point I agree more Jobs will leave with these action nothing new will be created except for new levels of censorship and some revenue for the already rich all those struggling artists will still be struggling...
  • Joycehardin
    Joycehardin Members Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The "Combating Online Infringements and Counterfeits Act" (COICA) is a bill of Internet censorship is fast making its way into the Senate. Although it is ostensibly focused on copyright infringement, an enormous amount of noninfringing content, including political and other speech, could disappear off the Web if it passes. The main mechanism of the Bill is to interfere with the Internet's Domain Name System (DNS) that translates domain names.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

They didn't believe me.

That's because you're a Racist Jew.

(Sorry....I thought you knew)