need your input :)

Options
Purr
Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Fashion Forward
I always get invites to places in major cities and I was wondering would you guys like me to post current info on how to go to these places; so you can network (get yourself out there)?
Im all for marketing and branding for a person who is willing to do their own work (by talking to people and connecting with others) and not just go because a "celebrity" is going.

(plus this deals with fashion/music) :)

so voice your opinion in the fourm/poll

thank you.

Comments

• The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heck yeah.........I been trying to get branded- no frat, I guarantee I can send some companies stocks up
  • Purr
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thanks for the feedback :)

Im thinking if I should make a sticky thread on everyone providing hot networking info that they feel would be dope for others to go to. I think that (from my experience in the industry) when people dont network they dont expand their brand/company to it's full potential and they are stuck in a rut due to "i can do it all by myself attitude"..

what do ya'll think?
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited December 2010
    Options
    thanks for the feedback :)

Im thinking if I should make a sticky thread on everyone providing hot networking info that they feel would be dope for others to go to. I think that (from my experience in the industry) when people dont network they dont expand their brand/company to it's full potential and they are stuck in a rut due to "i can do it all by myself attitude"..

what do ya'll think?

I know kats don't realize thats what the focus is now, it aint really bout your art its about what brands yo hold so you can bring more then your art to the table, its not about "game is to be sold" no more its "bartering your way" now
  • Purr
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i totally agree with your statement. I just boggles my mind and I feel that this can bridge more young people (across all enthicities) to participate together.
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i totally agree with your statement. It just boggles my mind and I feel that this can bridge more young people (across all enthicities) to participate together.

you know the issue is them not putting themselves in front of these execs and hear'n it straight from their mouth, I only learnt that this year after chopp'n it up with Tone Capone from Universal at an event and he broke it down for me, all this time I thought only signed cats can get branded, but instead I found out its not being signed but really who you know, that can hook you up with these companies.....
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it's a good idea. plus i never have anything to do!
  • Purr
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it's a good idea. plus i never have anything to do!

okay cool! ? .. you know you can ALWAYS text me for ? to do!!!!!
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i dont get it

:( re read it again.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i voted yes... but i just want more twitter followers
    *shrug*
  • Purr
    edited December 2010
    Options
    :( i was two seconds away from deleting your post.. lol
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dooo it

dooo it
  • Purr
    edited December 2010
    Options
    young Ice im elaborating for you right now...

I get invited every week for events to major cities.... I was wondering should I just post information for events for other people to go to for networking purposes or no. majority of people said yes. so whenever I get an invite ill post it in here and if other people have info they'll post it in here.
  • Purr
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you dont have to make clothes to go to these events. It's moreso for networking with others. No matter what your skill is someone needs you.
  • arabella
    arabella Members Posts: 12
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think it's a great idea!
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I always get invites to places in major cities and I was wondering would you guys like me to post current info on how to go to these places; so you can network (get yourself out there)?
    Im all for marketing and branding for a person who is willing to do their own work (by talking to people and connecting with others) and not just go because a "celebrity" is going.

(plus this deals with fashion/music) :)

so voice your opinion in the fourm/poll

thank you.
    sure why not? i would love to see current fashion....