Nobody's Perfect...An Excuse To Be Imperfect?

Options
alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
This could be wack...but here it go. It could just be me, but I find sometimes when it comes to the issues of human advancement, it is hardly with the mission of being perfect in that advancement. We always mistakes; having to redo things or even make the situation worse trying...and we go, well nobody's perfect. Sure, there are probably sincerely instances where we are forced to realize our imperfections. But, can it also be the means in which we put that phrase to the test, that because "no one is perfect" that people should manipulate it; abuse it so to say that a wrong action is justified by saying it?

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Nobody might not be perfect but what happens when a nobody becomes somebody? Is somebody perfect?

Then that somebody is going to have their perfection tested. But, it's a lot more condemning to claim perfection than it is imperfection. Somebody, if not everybody, would be looking for the flaw. There is a lot more room to make mistakes claiming imperfection. But, can claiming imperfection be made to excuse "inexcusable" actions?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    This could be wack...but here it go. It could just be me, but I find sometimes when it comes to the issues of human advancement, it is hardly with the mission of being perfect in that advancement. We always mistakes; having to redo things or even make the situation worse trying...and we go, well nobody's perfect. Sure, there are probably sincerely instances where we are forced to realize our imperfections. But, can it also be the means in which we put that phrase to the test, that because "no one is perfect" that people should manipulate it; abuse it so to say that a wrong action is justified by saying it?

You answered your own question. There are sincere mistakes, then there are those who use that notion as an excuse. Anything and everything can be abused.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People are not perfect. Mystery solved.