R&R needs to stop hitchin its wagon to the Social Lounge

Options
shootemwon
shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Social Lounge
From the front page I can't tell if the Social Lounge got a new post or not cause the latest R&R post will show up as new activity in here so then I click on the Social Lounge and come in here for NOTHING cause the only new posts are in R&R.

Ya'll gotta get the ? out. You waste my time on here. Go out on your own. You get more posts than Social Lounge anyway, why should you be a subforum of us?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, perhaps if you made 2-3 good conspiracy threads a day the SL will have a new post every minute or so. Because nothing else works lol, no disrespect to some of you but alot of people who post in here are on the bottom of the barrell when it comes to intelligence.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It would be interesting to see what new people dropped by if the RnR were its own forum.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont even visit that ? forsaken forum unless Im tricked into it by the method you described lol

ETA:
    I just went in there cuz of this thread and saw KTULU compliment black people. Now I know I shall never return.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have to agree with t/s. I dont care about religion or race, neither are an important topic in my life.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thesl has become dull. Every thread is ? conspiracy theories. It attractes the tinfoil people and discourages new people who might actually want to try posting here for once.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    d4e404a8.gif
    ? on your thread
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So I think what's wrong with the SL is that too many people login expecting their years-old comfort zone, to dictate the forum, as their clique perils in herd-mentality..

The SL's biggest problem hands down is not enough activity. We go hours with no posts at all sometimes. Regardless of how people think, if there's no discussion going on, it sucks.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    The SL's biggest problem hands down is not enough activity. We go hours with no posts at all sometimes. Regardless of how people think, if there's no discussion going on, it sucks.

Co-Sign, my forum been open for 18 hours and has more posts in that time than the SL has in 2-3 days.

I don't post in political ish most of the time but if it's anything involving history, science, physics, etc.. I will.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I guess no one wants to spend time discussing topics that they think aren't worthy, but I'd rather have topics I consider subpar than no topics at all.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no doubt, gotta agree with that...

but you still can't deny that there are a few obvious members here who want NO DISCUSSION GOING ON unless it's something that they feel is worthy of being placard up here in this forum.

The only thing most people on here make fun of and don't really discuss or like is conspiracy threads, because they're usually

A. ) Easily debunked and not worth typing up just so some can say "nah the debunking evidence is pure evidence of a conspiracy"
    B. ) Like nearly all of your threads don't even pertain to a subject worth discussing/ further out then conspiracy nuts.
    C.) You can only hear things like "how do we know stars exist", "Obama's an alien,cia,reptilian,muslim", "JFK was shot 17 times with a 50 caliber laser rifle" before it gets annoying.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It started way back when when.. the mods were mad that race topics dominated the social lounge they relegated us Social Lounge posters to R&R that pretty much wa a prelude to the down turn of the Social lounge imo oh and the"UPGRADES" also
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I guess no one wants to spend time discussing topics that they think aren't worthy, but I'd rather have topics I consider subpar than no topics at all.

Starting tomorrow I will try to create one thread per day that will be able to sustain discussion and debate for at least 3 pages. And if not then ? it, I'll throw up some ? got plastic surgery was Bush and now had plastic surgery and mad tanning and is really Obama threads that will guarantee me 5 pages.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A lot of posters who should be stoppin by the SL every day stay in GnS because they have threads about political and social issues that are allowed to remain over there.

I'm not a mod here or in GnS, but I think janklow and lang should be talkin to the mod team over at GnS and requesting that they move political topics over here. It would be very helpful and GnS has more than enough activity without those topics.

The sad part is, every now and then I see a thread about some current political matter goin on over in GnS and a lot of those people are tragically uninformed about what's going on in the world. The people here in the Social Lounge can drop some knowledge for them if those threads were over here, so we're both losing currently.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I never go into GNS, but I do notice the threads that do get moved over here do end up getting a lot replies here because they are great topics to start with.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The correct word, is Past.

And you, should get hooked, on Yukon Phonics.

FACT: Every human being, walking Earth, hopefully has shameless behavior in their Past.

You makin fun of my ? cause he has a lisp and doesn't pronounce the T?

Shame on you religious man, you're not supposed to hate and poke fun at your brother.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Starting tomorrow I will try to create one thread per day that will be able to sustain discussion and debate for at least 3 pages.
    challenge accepted
    I'm not a mod here or in GnS, but I think janklow and lang should be talkin to the mod team over at GnS and requesting that they move political topics over here. It would be very helpful and GnS has more than enough activity without those topics.
    i would have to take your word for this, since i generally do not browse that forum
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i would have to take your word for this, since i generally do not browse that forum

Will you look into this and talk to the mods over there?
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited December 2010
    Options

I personally don't see the purpose of G&S in the first place...I think that was OD's bastard child....but I will talk to jay and see what he has to say about moving threads, etc

I just looked in G&S and I don't see much political or historical threads...just sex threads mostly.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I dont even visit that ? forsaken forum unless Im tricked into it by the method you described lol

word, ? that forum and its 5,000 threads started by ether-i-am

ya'll ? prolly typin replies to another one of his wack ass threads right now smh
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i don't know if i have time, i have a busy schedule of RACIST OPPRESSION to get to today
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited December 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i don't know if i have time, i have a busy schedule of RACIST OPPRESSION to get to today

And these truths and facts, have indeed, never been spoken more truely.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    political threads in G&S? u musta haven't been in there lately..
    There are a lot of "social" threads in there.

Also, its not really GROWN or SEXY.

U need to put all the "why do girls..." type ? in the Growing Pains section & only let constructive conversations in Grown & Sexy. And YES...I know Im the main ones in there talking ? . But hey...Ill start taking GnS seriously when it becomes a serious forum.

And yes. PPL should post more in here.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    political threads in G&S? u musta haven't been in there lately..

Yes. Seen a plat thread in GnS about repealing DADT the other day.

I just did a search for GnS threads with "Obama" in the title. There were 66 results.
  • shootemwon
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yo, just get rid of gns, all it does is combine topics of other forums.