So Is It Fair To Say That Ashes to Ashes>>>Hunger For More 2?

Logic Last
Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Face Off Forum
i'm just askin....

Comments

• Logic Last
    edited December 2010
    i'm just askin....

it's not even close. rozay got this.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    hfm2 is pretty good album
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    of course it is...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Um No, I just listened to that wack ass mixtape. HFM2 wins
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Its pretty safe to say that Ashes to Ashes the mixtape>>>>Lloyd Banks the rapper. Barry White would agree.

ROSS 2010 MVP
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i'm just askin....

It's more than safe to say...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    not even close. HFM2 >>>> any album Rick Ross will ever put out

but then again i'm still waiting for Ross to outsell GRODT like he said he would
  • riddlerap
    edited December 2010
    thank you for making this thread though, now i can add one more poster to the list "Posters Whose Opinions Definitely Do Not Matter"
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    didnt lloyd banks already merk ross so bad on officer down so bad
    that he never mentioned his name again. lloyd bank is technical multi-lyricist

rick ross is just a rapper.
  • riddlerap
    edited December 2010
    lolOlolol ? Ross scared to reply to Banks after Officer Down. probably because Ross has never put out anything close to that.
  • Logic Last
    edited December 2010
    riddlerap wrote: »
    not even close. HFM2 >>>> any album Rick Ross will ever put out

but then again i'm still waiting for Ross to outsell GRODT like he said he would

did you listen to the mixtape?
  • Logic Last
    edited December 2010
    Its pretty safe to say that Ashes to Ashes the mixtape>>>>Lloyd Banks the rapper. Barry White would agree.

ROSS 2010 MVP

Lebron James also agrees:

http://twitter.com/kingjames
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
  • riddlerap
    edited December 2010
    i havent heard a Rick Ross song since "Boss", thank ? . and that was only because i like T-Pain.
  • Logic Last
    edited December 2010
    lolOlolol ? Ross scared to reply to Banks after Officer Down. probably because Ross has never put out anything close to that.

I like Banks. HFM2 isnt that bad but Banks gotta be embarrased that Ross' career is miles ahead. let's be honest here
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Lebron James also agrees:

http://twitter.com/kingjames

Who?......
  • Logic Last
    edited December 2010
    thank you for making this thread though, now i can add one more poster to the list "Posters Whose Opinions Definitely Do Not Matter"

That hurts my feelings.
  • riddlerap
    edited December 2010
    Ross will never have a better album than HFM or HFM2, and he will never be as big as Banks had been. he will never have a single as high as Banks (On Fire was #8), nor will he ever be looked back on as highly as Banks will be in the future.
  • Logic Last
    edited December 2010
    Ross will never have a better album than HFM or HFM2, and he will never be as big as Banks had been. he will never have a single as high as Banks (On Fire was #8), nor will he ever be looked back on as highly as Banks will be in the future.

Hang it up . . .flatscreen
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

i'm a big g-unit fan, but you're delusional. its not 2003-05 anymore. they had their time, its over
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i havent heard a Rick Ross song since "Boss", thank ? . and that was only because i like T-Pain.

Really, really????
    So unless youve been living n a cave for the pass yr, how is it possible to not hv heard Bmf or Aston Martin music?
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited December 2010
    i'm just askin....
    If you going by production than I'd give the edge to Ashes to Ashes but apart from production Hunger for more is miles ahead of Ashes to Ashes. Banks was always a dull n*gga but atleast he's capable of spitting a nice verse and hold down a song by himself. HFM2 had atleast two stand out tracks/ bangers (Beamer, Benz and Start it up) while Ashes to Ashes doesn't have tracks on that level.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    aswadh wrote: »
    If you going by production than I'd give the edge to Ashes to Ashes but apart from production Hunger for more is miles ahead of Ashes to Ashes. Banks was always a dull n*gga but atleast he's capable of spitting a nice verse and hold down a song by himself. HFM2 had atleast two stand out tracks/ bangers (Beamer, Benz and Start it up) while Ashes to Ashes doesn't have tracks on that level.

HFM2 is also full of feats but I don't see you nitpicking about that. Both BBB and Start It Up also have feats, yet you were just in the Ashes to Ashes thread whining about Ross not doing songs on his own. Real talk, are you ? home boi??
  • aswadh
    aswadh Members Posts: 411
    edited December 2010
    HFM2 is also full of feats but I don't see you nitpicking about that. Both BBB and Start It Up also have feats, yet you were just in the Ashes to Ashes thread whining about Ross not doing songs on his own. Real talk, are you ? home boi??
    Lyrically Banks can hold down a song by himself. He lacks charisma, just like Ross does, but lyrically he is nice, he can rap about various topics and he can switch up his flow from time to time. While HFM2 was littered with features, it wasn't like Banks was blown away/ outshined by all those features like Ross did. Banks is capable of things Ross ain't as far as rapping.

Not everybody is gonna feel the same way about certain artists you like. No need to get offensive over petty sh*, homeboy.
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    While Banks maybe more lyrical then Ross he def doesnt have the ability to craft whole albums like Ross. Ross is def a more well rounded artist then Banks. Thats the same as Canibus being a better lyricist then Banks yet he def isnt a better artist then Banks. I only listened to a couple of songs off Ashes to Ashes, but so far its been straight.