How the f*ck did Carter III win against The ****** Tape(Untitled) In The Grammys

13»

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    lol stop all this racisy ? guys it just skin color ? !!!!!!! we all are human

No racist to it my man he brought it up just telling it how it is.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    So do black teenage chicks,black male teenagers and black adults.Since Cash Money caome out everyone I know that like them were black.Face it,more black people like Wayne than Nas and I dont even ? with Wayne.

More intelligent black men and women rock to Nas more than Wayne? I don't no where you trying to take this? if your saying more cats in the hood bump Wayne than yeah..
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Ishi wrote: »
    More intelligent black men and women rock to Nas more than Wayne? I don't no where you trying to take this? if your saying more cats in the hood bump Wayne than yeah..

Mad Jack is a jigga warrior. Nothing you say will convince him to give Nas props. Let it go.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    No awards show that has nominees and winners voted on is not going to award an album based on artistic merit. Awards shows come down to popularity contests. If I'm not mistaken, Carter III cleaned up at all of those awards shows that year.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Seriously, Hip-hop have the worst fans ever.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    That's cause the ? I said is the real answer. Grammy's don't care what you look like or what you rap about. Also don't care about how good you are for the most part. The award always goes to someone with wide mainstream appeal and lots of records sold.

Yea, no ? . I said that like 5 pages ago.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Ishi wrote: »

ROFL,I don't even be in the hood.I'm talking about hard working citizens and college students bump Wayne.It is what it is.Why do you have such a problem with the truth?As if you cannot enjoy Nas music because white people enjoy it too.
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Mad Jack is a jigga warrior. Nothing you say will convince him to give Nas props. Let it go.

LOL @ this hurt Nas stan.It was Written is in my top 5 favorite albums all time with Illmatic being in my top ten.I give props when they are due and it's a fact that Nas has not done anything in the last ten years that warrants props.Why you mad @ me for keeping it real?
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ? THE GRAMMYS THO LIKE FOR REAL B/CSLIM ? WACK BE WINNING SO ? MUCH..IF HE PUT A ALBUM OUT WITH JUST 2 SONGS ON IT HE WILL THATS NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Grammy's haven't been significant for years, especially concerning Hip-Hop.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Yea, no ? . I said that like 5 pages ago.

This thread is only 2 pages long. Your forum settings are wack.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    shootemwon wrote: »
    This thread is only 2 pages long. Your forum settings are wack.

Your point?
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited December 2010
    because Nas isn't as popular as Lil Wayne is now and the album wasn't something everybody could get into. while Wayne's album was more pop friendly
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    the grammys tend to go to the biggest and the most popular album, not the best. thats why eminem has won all the time
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    the grammys tend to go to the biggest and the most popular album, not the best. thats why eminem has won all the time

Hence the term POP. The Grammy's love POP. Nas get on the POP bandwagon they would consider...but I doubt he would do that.

The Grammys are outta touch with reality.
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited December 2010
    Hence the term POP. The Grammy's love POP. Nas get on the POP bandwagon they would consider...but I doubt he would do that.

The Grammys are outta touch with reality.

I agree with everything you said besides the Grammy's being out of touch with reality. Maybe they outta touch with your reality but the mass majorities reality is Lil Wayne is nice. I personally like Nas better but not the public spending money on albums
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Grammy's haven't been significant for years, especially concerning Hip-Hop.
    Close thread. Lil Wayne wishes he had the respect Nas gets.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Quick answer, Nas album was called N!gger........the white people didn't like it. They prefer it when Lil Wayne is telling young girls to lick the lollipop rather than Nas teaching the youth about the blackmans struggle.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    Quick answer, Nas album was called N!gger........the white people didn't like it. They prefer it when Lil Wayne is telling young girls to lick the lollipop rather than Nas teaching the youth about the blackmans struggle.

Interesting. How did the album and the song "N.I.G.G.E.R." end up in the nominations if white people didn't like it?

Personally, I don't think race was a factor in Nas not winning.'08 was Lil' Wayne's year and he cleaned up every awards show. I mean, both albums were also nominated at the BET Hip Hop awards and Nas lost that one too. Both were also up for Best Lyricist. Nas is my favorite rapper, but he's never been a rapper that was big with awards shows.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Interesting. How did the album and the song "N.I.G.G.E.R." end up in the nominations if white people didn't like it?

Personally, I don't think race was a factor in Nas not winning.'08 was Lil' Wayne's year and he cleaned up every awards show. I mean, both albums were also nominated at the BET Hip Hop awards and Nas lost that one too. Both were also up for Best Lyricist. Nas is my favorite rapper, but he's never been a rapper that was big with awards shows.

My point is that politcal talk dont get no love at the grammys.....Nas album got a message.........only message on CarterIII was the Katrina song. Grammys supports dum down music........