Andre 3000 Vs. Common

radioraheem
radioraheem Members Posts: 60
edited January 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Do these two ? got a silent beef, because of erykah, they haven't collabo'd from what I know and are two of the dopest, who's better?
twojoints that came on my playlist that made me make this thread

Comments

• radioraheem
    radioraheem Members Posts: 60
    edited December 2010
    I go with Commin Sense, even though most will prolly go for stax
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common is top 10 MC whereas 3 Stacks aint even the best in his own group.
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited December 2010
    this ain't even a question man.....

Andre 3000 is that dude, but he ain't ? with Common Sense in no typa ways...solo albums, overall flow and lyricism, none of it....maybe he beats him in the creativity area, but not by much...sheeit remember Common was on that whole wild ass, afrocentric, unafraid to experiment with the wardrobe ish' too....
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common can spit and get deep, but 3 stacks is the big homie, he ? wit it
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common is top 10 MC whereas 3 Stacks aint even the best in his own group.

C'mon son, stop that
  • mek
    mek Members Posts: 95
    edited December 2010
    i like common but i thought andre had this
  • master_mentor
    master_mentor Members Posts: 222
    edited December 2010
    They are both in my Top 5. If it comes to lyricism, creativity and overall skills i would go with 3K. On the battle tip, i would choose Common. How he humiliated Ice Cube on the ? in you was epic. Definately GOAT diss track.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common easy, ? need to get off 3k's nuts
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I go with 3Stacks. I know he only did one half of an album but he has enough versus and classics with big boi to justify his relevancy. I didn't feel Common's older work. I know that sounds blasphemous but i always thought he was boring. He was trying to be a NYC rapper on his earlier work and honestly i would rather listen to a NYC rapper at the time. His later work was influenced by Bhadu and Kanye West (I said it). His recent work is influenced by Hollywood. 3Stacks got his own lane. I go beyond rap to say overall that 3Stacks is a better more gifted artist.

Common can rap but he doesn't have the flow that 3stacks has nor does he have the presence. They both spit flames but i find 3Stacks to be more creative with his lyrics rather then trying to be witty. 3Stacks is obviously busy with his other art and hopefully he'll get back to music. Even Ceelo as gifted as a rhymer that he is switched up and went to a funk\hiphop\hybrid style with success. Let's not forget that The Love Below which can be considered a solo effort rocked the earth.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Depends on what you're basing the argument on, Common is the more accomplished solo artist, of course. He created Resurrection which is a classic. But Andre has classics too and also a better more gifted all around flow. He's more talented in my opinion, but not as good an artist as Common as I like Common's music more.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Andre 3000 without a doubt, never gave a ? about Common and never will.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Razah Cutz wrote: »
    this ain't even a question man.....

Andre 3000 is that dude, but he ain't ? with Common Sense in no typa ways...solo albums, overall flow and lyricism, none of it....maybe he beats him in the creativity area, but not by much...sheeit remember Common was on that whole wild ass, afrocentric, unafraid to experiment with the wardrobe ish' too....

What he said.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    COMMON BEEN HAD THE SAME FLOW AND SAME TOPICS SINCE HE CAME OUT... HIS MUSIC IS GOOD, BUT DRE EVOLVES EVERY DAM ALBUM...

HE CAN JUMP ON a SONG WITH RICH BOY, JAYZ, MYSTICAL.. ETC.....

3000 WINS THIS EASILY!!!
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I like common but its 3 stacks for me
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    The only thing Common has over Andre is a solo catalog. Just based off flow, lyrics, delivery, creativity etc., Andre 3000>>>>>>Common by far and I like Common.
  • bluprint
    bluprint Members Posts: 465
    edited December 2010
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I go with 3Stacks. I know he only did one half of an album but he has enough versus and classics with big boi to justify his relevancy. I didn't feel Common's older work. I know that sounds blasphemous but i always thought he was boring. He was trying to be a NYC rapper on his earlier work and honestly i would rather listen to a NYC rapper at the time. His later work was influenced by Bhadu and Kanye West (I said it). His recent work is influenced by Hollywood. 3Stacks got his own lane. I go beyond rap to say overall that 3Stacks is a better more gifted artist.

Common can rap but he doesn't have the flow that 3stacks has nor does he have the presence. They both spit flames but i find 3Stacks to be more creative with his lyrics rather then trying to be witty. 3Stacks is obviously busy with his other art and hopefully he'll get back to music. Even Ceelo as gifted as a rhymer that he is switched up and went to a funk\hiphop\hybrid style with success. Let's not forget that The Love Below which can be considered a solo effort rocked the earth.

Yeah what he said
  • General_Patton
    General_Patton Members Posts: 203
    edited December 2010
    3000 easily, always kept his style his, didn't switch up influenced by kanye and erykah
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    IMO, their best work was influenced by Erykah Badu
    Listen to The Love Below and tell be you don't hear where she influenced 3 stacks
    Listen to Electric Circus and it's the same thing
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I used to love her>>>>>>>>>
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I used to love her>>>>>>>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭