Ladies if u were a emcee and in Nicki's position would u reach out to other femcees

Options
starvin
starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Powder Room
that aren't getting as much attention so that they can get some shine too or would you keep the top spot for yourself.

not saying Nicki is just putting it out there

Comments

• JB-CHI-CITY
    JB-CHI-CITY Members Posts: 568
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think the Ladie's bein some, Marlee Matlin , Hellen Keller, Deaf Mute's, right now,B

Maybe they speak in braille
  • pimpette_516
    pimpette_516 Members Posts: 13
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I would definitely give female MC's some shine. If I was her,I would be sad to be the ONLY "so call" dope female MC out right now . I feature a whole bunch of female NY MC's and put NY back on the map and show these lames how NY does it.<<theres my little two cents..lol Other Mc's from other places also too!
  • JB-CHI-CITY
    JB-CHI-CITY Members Posts: 568
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I would definitely give female MC's some shine. If I was her,I would be sad to be the ONLY "so call" dope female MC out right now . I feature a whole bunch of female NY MC's and put NY back on the

map and show these lames how NY does it.<<theres my little two cents..lol Other Mc's from other places also too!

who are you?

are you a poster re-incarnated?
  • missiamtheshit
    missiamtheshit Members Posts: 949
    edited December 2010
    Options
    im not a hater so i wouldnt mind.....
  • starvin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    anyone else wanna add their opinion
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    til she hits plat...she needs to work wit whoever to get those sales up
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    nope
    hell no
    im selfish
  • Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No.If I was Nicki I would actually start rapping about real sh*t &
    avoid the typical "sex-? -? " lyrics like Trina & Lil Kim have.I would
    still do the "barbie," thing...but it wouldn't be in a ? -ish way...
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yea I would. It's the right thing to do.
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yummy.Lix wrote: »
    No.If I was Nicki I would actually start rapping about real sh*t &
    avoid the typical "sex-? -? " lyrics like Trina & Lil Kim have.I would
    still do the "barbie," thing...but it wouldn't be in a ? -ish way...

obviously you've either skimmed thru it or never heard it, but there is not one sexual explicit lyric or reference on PINK FRIDAY, whole cd's bout chicks being uplifted, she even go as far as calling male rappers ? and her sons'..........if that aint sharing the spotlight or rather I 'd like to say motivating chicks, than chicks just lazy
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    starvin wrote: »
    that aren't getting as much attention so that they can get some shine too or would you keep the top spot for yourself.

not saying Nicki is just putting it out there

man if thats the case then the same female emcees shoulda saw the chrisma and superstar potential in Nicki when she first started grindin, they shoulda back then invested or paid $ for features or hooks on their cd's or songs instead of being envious and spiteful......now all of sudden she posed to give back cuz she on top but nobody gave a ? when she was on bottom..........Look at you screename "starvin", WHO YOU GONE FEED when you finally eating, huh, prolly those that broke bread with you when you was hungry, and bread aint gotta be money, it could be promoting, words of encourage, support, and etc......
  • starvin
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    man if thats the case then the same female emcees shoulda saw the chrisma and superstar potential in Nicki when she first started grindin, they shoulda back then invested or paid $ for features or hooks on their cd's or songs instead of being envious and spiteful......now all of sudden she posed to give back cuz she on top but nobody gave a ? when she was on bottom..........Look at you screename "starvin", WHO YOU GONE FEED when you finally eating, huh, prolly those that broke bread with you when you was hungry, and bread aint gotta be money, it could be promoting, words of encourage, support, and etc......

I never said she had to man, I'm just asking people if they were in her position would they reach out or not.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if I were an femcee, which I like to think I am.. An underground poet is what I am.

And poets are emcees, real emcees matter of fact..

But If I were mainstream, I would reach out to aspiring femcees and give them positive direction and address real issues concerning our communities and neighborhoods. Create a place where they create their music, and give them an opprotunity to be part of a positive movement.. They would open up my shows to promote themselves are artists..

But their is no way I'd be Nikki. Her music don't align with my lifestyle and its sad that shes feeding bs to these young girls..