Can Darren Arnofsky save the Wolverine movie Franchise?

Options
stoneface
stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I dont know if this old news or not, but I just heard that Darren Arnofsky has been confirmed as the director of the upcoming X men Origins: Wolverine sequel, called "The Wolverine". I personally thought the first one was wack, entertaining here and there, but overall garbage. I think a skilled director like Arnofsky might be able to flip this ? , though, bring that trademark rawness and darkness to it, basically make a movie based on Wolverine the way it should've been from the jump. I hope its rated R (unlikely). What do yall think?...

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/fox-brings-wolverine-director-darren-aronofsky-in-with-2-year-deal/
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109165-jackman-talks-wolverine-2-confirms-aronofsky
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/darren-aronofsky-confirms-a-new-title-for-wolverine-2

Comments

• AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah I'm hoping the Wolverine movie is more darker than the previous one. It needs to go on a darker route.... I didn't mind the 1st one but there were some parts of the movie I didn't like. The only problem I have with all the X-Men movies and the Origins of Wolverine is, they made Wolverine pretty soft. Wolverine can still be saved. Hugh Jackman plays the part so well and has been a really good Wolverine. If they can make it something like The Dark Knight but with more action, i'll be happy.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OH RESULT!!!

Finally someone that can do Wolverine justice. Arnofsky is probably the only dude that is just as dark and bitter as Logan is....lol
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I Can The Wolverine Being Every Bit As Good As TDK As Long Arronofsky Doesnt Over Do It With The Surrealism
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    didnt like the story line for the first orgins movie....but some parts were good but hopefully the second one is better I beleive they are shooting in japan and the silver samurai is supposed to be the villian...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah I'm hoping the Wolverine movie is more darker than the previous one. It needs to go on a darker route.... I didn't mind the 1st one but there were some parts of the movie I didn't like. The only problem I have with all the X-Men movies and the Origins of Wolverine is, they made Wolverine pretty soft. Wolverine can still be saved. Hugh Jackman plays the part so well and has been a really good Wolverine. If they can make it something like The Dark Knight but with more action, i'll be happy.

tryign to hard to keep things pg 13 for the teenage buying market
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think Fox have finally got the hint that they can't keep ? about with X-Men, knocking out ? films and treating the audience like they're idiots. I was surprised when Darren Aronofsky got announced as the director, but then I was surprised when Matthew Vaughn got announced for First Class as well considering he hates having people interfering with him directing films hence him walking out on X-Men 3 the first time around and as a result making Kick Ass. Neither of those two would have accepted the films unless they were given the freedom to do what they had to.

If anyone can make a good film out of the Wolverine character then you'd bet Aronofsky could, and plus it's good to hear he's got the same team he usually works with on this as well. Fox blatantly want a Dark Knight type of film out of this
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I think Fox have finally got the hint that they can't keep ? about with X-Men, knocking out ? films and treating the audience like they're idiots. I was surprised when Darren Aronofsky got announced as the director, but then I was surprised when Matthew Vaughn got announced for First Class as well considering he hates having people interfering with him directing films hence him walking out on X-Men 3 the first time around and as a result making Kick Ass. Neither of those two would have accepted the films unless they were given the freedom to do what they had to.

If anyone can make a good film out of the Wolverine character then you'd bet Aronofsky could, and plus it's good to hear he's got the same team he usually works with on this as well. Fox blatantly want a Dark Knight type of film out of this

all true, I cant wait to see how it turns out if it holds up