R. Kelly- Love Letter

Options
soulatlantic
soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
edited December 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
http://listn.to/rkelly
you can listen to the entire album right here! all you have to do is like R. Kelly on Facebook.

my favorite tracks are "When A Woman Loves" "Love Is (feat. K. Michelle)" and "Not Feelin The Love"

what's everyone think about the album so far? i'm really happy he went bfor a 60's throwback. it really works well for him.

Comments

• babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just a lil' disappointed that When A Woman Loves rmx isn't on there. I was looking forward to that.
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    imo this is one of kells best work next to chocolate factory...about time he got off that pleasing the younger audience tip
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    babel wrote: »
    Just a lil' disappointed that When A Woman Loves rmx isn't on there. I was looking forward to that.

Its on the the Deluxe version .

Ok this is my summary of Love Letter . First of yall let me say I am not a huge fan of R.Kelly. But as a fan of music , I would be ignorant to deny that he is a all time great MUSICALLY . I feel at some points of his career he sacrificed his musical ability to just make a hot song and be in-tuned to what was going on the radio . I have always felt that a person with his musically ability didn't have to limit to blend in with the trend . With his ability he IS the trend . This was the album I have always wanted from R.Kelly , no R&B/Hip Hop hybrid . With this project he got right to the money . He delivered songs that will be with pure music R&B/Soul fans can listen to the rest of their lives , With music what people forgot to understand is that music is the soundtrack to our lives . With great music like this we will listen and have a connection with these songs for the rest of their lives . Thats what R.Kelly is to music like his contemporaries such as Maxwell , Kem , Jill Scott and like Sam Cooke , Marvin Gaye , Earth Wind and Fire before him. I am glad Kelly took heed of the criticism that he was getting for making such fleeting music . When you have the ability like R.Kelly has you owe it to music and music lovers to make songs that connect to peoples souls and with Love Letter he has done that .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Not a big fan of this and feel like yall overhyping it.....some standout tracks but nor really original
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Its on the the Deluxe version .

Ok this is my summary of Love Letter . First of yall let me say I am not a huge fan of R.Kelly. But as a fan of music , I would be ignorant to deny that he is a all time great MUSICALLY . I feel at some points of his career he sacrificed his musical ability to just make a hot song and be in-tuned to what was going on the radio . I have always felt that a person with his musically ability didn't have to limit to blend in with the trend . With his ability he IS the trend . This was the album I have always wanted from R.Kelly , no R&B/Hip Hop hybrid . With this project he got right to the money . He delivered songs that will be with pure music R&B/Soul fans can listen to the rest of their lives , With music what people forgot to understand is that music is the soundtrack to our lives . With great music like this we will listen and have a connection with these songs for the rest of their lives . Thats what R.Kelly is to music like his contemporaries such as Maxwell , Kem , Jill Scott and like Sam Cooke , Marvin Gaye , Earth Wind and Fire before him. I am glad Kelly took heed of the criticism that he was getting for making such fleeting music . When you have the ability like R.Kelly has you owe it to music and music lovers to make songs that connect to peoples souls and with Love Letter he has done that .

Where do I find that? iTunes doesn't have it.
  • Mrslim1
    edited December 2010
    Options
    babel wrote: »
    Where do I find that? iTunes doesn't have it.

I am old school . I got mine from Best Buy
  • kirkangil
    kirkangil Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Really good album. His last 2 were good. Hope he buried that Kells character.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Not a big fan of this and feel like yall overhyping it.....some standout tracks but nor really original

I agree with this. I've only listened to the album once, but my first impression was it's just good. This is way better than the music R. Kelly put on in his Kellz era though.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited December 2010
    Options
    R&B album of the year. Easily...... all the tracks are fire.

No b-s multiple rap guest appearances, no snap beats, etc. Just good old soul. Been on heavy rotation since its dropped.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Damn Slant Magazine gave it a 2/5 but Allmusic gave it a 4/5. Just based off the first single I'm surprised to see a 2/5. I'm really a fan of old school music like Marvin and everyone Kellz said to inspire this album so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it when I hear it. I don't think any of his last couple albums were bad though actually but its nice to see the R. trying to get on some classic ? .

I'm still doubting this is ? with Raphael Saadiq's The Way I See It though with a similar theme. That ? was executed perfectly.
  • hollyw00d
    hollyw00d Members Posts: 7
    edited December 2010
    Options
    a 2.5 is just ? ' disrespectful. his album is solid from front to back....
  • R.D.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hollyw00d wrote: »
    a 2.5 is just ? ' disrespectful. his album is solid from front to back....

yeah, shoulda been a 3
  • TooXquisite
    TooXquisite Members Posts: 75
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have to say as someone who isn't a R.kelly fan, I appreciate this album. like the simplicity of it
  • tinabina
    tinabina Members Posts: 41
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm a big R Kelly fan and I loooove Love Letter. There are no other male R&B artist on his level. Trey who??? Go Kellz
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I love it though
  • wilijamesme2
    wilijamesme2 Members Posts: 152
    edited December 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Damn Slant Magazine gave it a 2/5 but Allmusic gave it a 4/5. Just based off the first single I'm surprised to see a 2/5. I'm really a fan of old school music like Marvin and everyone Kellz said to inspire this album so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it when I hear it. I don't think any of his last couple albums were bad though actually but its nice to see the R. trying to get on some classic ? .

I'm still doubting this is ? with Raphael Saadiq's The Way I See It though with a similar theme. That ? was executed perfectly.
    This and Raphael album have similar theme, but they are executed different. I like both album, I enjoy Love Letter a lil bit more.
  • Mrslim1
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This and Raphael album have similar theme, but they are executed different. I like both album, I enjoy Love Letter a lil bit more.

Also another thing . Even though this albums has a few songs with that "old soul" sounds. This album is more contemporary R&B
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Weak album... Its apparent on almost every track that Kelz is outside of his element... The lyrics are blah... The instrumentation is garage band... A few stands out though... when a woman loves, radio message, love letter
  • R.D.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Weak album... Its apparent on almost every track that Kelz is outside of his element... The lyrics are blah... The instrumentation is garage band... A few stands out though... when a woman loves, radio message, love letter

thank you..i was starting to think i was the only one
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Gonna cop finally a real r&b album all these trey songz and younger so called r7b ? had me sick with that weak ?