The Essence, Feedback thread, 2010.

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Essence
It's been a long time coming, but The Essence is becoming more popular as the months go by... 2010 has been a slow start, but with around ten solid posters, we've been able to really pick it up and make it a good sub-forum with lot's of contributions and mixes.

Hopefully, we will be able to triple the number of regular posters by the end of 2011 (up to 30).

Anyway, some feedback is always good for the growth of anything, be it taken on board, discussed, debated or thrown out.

Some questions for ya'll:

What do you like most about The Essence?
What do we do well in The Essence?
What doesn't work as well?
How could The Essence be further improved from your point of view?

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited December 2010
    One thing i definately miss that we should bring back was the artist spotlight we used to do. I think that always shed light on artists I had never heard of and definately helped me find alotta good hiphop I otherwise may have never heard of or given a chance. Definately also think we should keep with the mixes. I wish I knew of a good way to get more people involved...maybe start a facebook group?
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    One thing i definately miss that we should bring back was the artist spotlight we used to do. I think that always shed light on artists I had never heard of and definately helped me find alotta good hiphop I otherwise may have never heard of or given a chance. Definately also think we should keep with the mixes. I wish I knew of a good way to get more people involved...maybe start a facebook group?

A facebook group is a nice idea, but I have true faith in the way we are progressing the sub-forum. It's followed this same pattern the last two times we've had an 'update'. We're gaining new members, but it definitely is at a slow pace currently. I'll look into creating a facebook group and p.m you about it.

Otherwise, Artist of the Month is a great idea. I'll do January's unless you want to give it a shot?! I have a few artists I'd like to spotlight. Unless we want to create a few Arists to spotlight a month and I'll merge them upon them being posted into a Monthly thread (new one for each month).

Can you upload a few mixes that I lost a few years ago, Ninja? I've just uploaded The Essence Playlist of the Year from 2004 in the old mixes thread (stickied). But I'm missing some due to swapping computers throughout the years.