RUMOR: Brock Lesnar wants out of UFC to work with WWE at 'Mania

Options
2»

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    that Cro Cop/Bob Sapp fight ended because Cro Cop shattered Sapp's orbital socket. not to say that Cro Cop wasn't going to find a way to win anyway, in which he did

what about Tank Abott

Tank Abott had no skill, just a bar room brawler. had the image and gut to fulfill those needs. those toughman competitions don't compare to structured MMA.

Plus Tank sold out at the first chance when WCW was hiring EVERYONE who had a name in any sport, past and present. Tank was supposed to be WCW's answer to Ken Shamrock, and he ended up by 3-Count's groupie. Then they tried to pump him up by having him call out Goldberg during the WCW relaunch and he got exposed.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    UPDATE TO THE BROCK TO WWE SITUATION
    Several pro wrestling and MMA news websites have been buzzing this week following comments by Dave Melzer that Brock Lesnar is looking to get out of his UFC contract so he can return to World Wrestling Entertainment. Dave has since clarified his remarks and UFC part owner Lorenzo Fertitta has also commented on the situation.

Following the huge reaction to his initial comments that Brock Lesnar wants very badly to appear at WrestleMania for a big payday, Melzer clarified that Lesnar is not leaving the UFC and believes that Brock Lesnar will not only fight twice in 2011. He emphasized that Lesnar “is looking to make as much money as possible next year” – which indicates that Lesnar may want to appear at WrestleMania in addition to his professional fighting career.

MMAFighting.com’s Ariel Helwani tweeted on Wednesday regarding Brock Lesnar’s ability to appear at WrestleMania:

“UFC boss Lorenzo Fertitta says flatly Lesnar cannot participate in WWE event. ‘He’s under exclusive contract with us.’”

UFC President Dana White was very outspoken about Lesnar appearing at WrestleMania shortly after the Undertaker confrontation that went down following Brock’s loss to Cain Velasquez in October. Interestingly enough, those close to Vince McMahon report that the WWE remains optimistic and thinks there’s a chance they can work out a deal that would allow Brock to wrestle at WrestleMania.

Money talks, and I expect some to be exchanged via briefcase in a busy bus depot.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I hope Vince's money works everything out

I would love to see Brock get boo'ed at his next UFC event and at Wrestlemania lol
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I wonder why Vince hasn't started a MMA fed to try and bridge the gap between Wrestling fans and MMA fans yet?

I know it would probably be a complete fail like the football ? he did years back though.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    I wonder why Vince hasn't started a MMA fed to try and bridge the gap between Wrestling fans and MMA fans yet?

I know it would probably be a complete fail like the football ? he did years back though.

I actually liked the XFL. Ish was entertaining *kanye shrug*