2011 All Star Voting Discussion

one_manshow
one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
So far the results for the 2011 All Star team Ballots have shown as of December 16th that the race is close and players will get snubbed. Its evident that the players in the Western conference will take the hit especially the forwards and guards. Now before you trolls who get all excited remember the reserves are chosen by the coaches and its the fans who vote in the starting line up.

West Forwards

Kevin Durant (OKC) 470.881
Pau Gasol (LAL) 390.808
Carmelo Anthony (Den) 369.768
Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 264.30
Tim Duncan (SA) 247.364
Blake Griffin (Lac) 245.16
Kevin Love (Min) 81.865
Rudy ? (Mem) Unknown

West Guards

Kobe Bryant (LAL) 722.682
Chris Paul (NO) 386.649
Manu Ginobili (SA) 230.137
Steve Nash (Pho) 190.226
Deron Williams (Uta) 184.148
Russell Westbrook (Okl) 140.519
Monta Ellis (GSW) Unknown

East Forwards
Lebron James (Mia) 607.99
Kevin Garnett (Bos) 456.111
Amar'e Stoudemire (NY) 327.626
Paul Pierce (Bos) 235.107
Chris Bosh (Mia) 161.801
Josh Smith (Atl) 104.713
Danny Granger (Ind) 66.759

Question is who gets snubbed in each category and explain why? Forget all the NBA politics and ? back up your opinion with a point and proof as to who you would pick in each category.

Comments

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    kevin love is gonna get snubbed & it'll be the biggest one.
    as voting is ? . if a.i. was on the ballot this yr. he would be starting, smh.
  • one_manshow
    edited December 2010
    D.D.S. wrote: »

Don't get carried away yet if Greg Popovich is the coach for the West All Star team KL makes it as a reserve but if Rick Carlisle is then don't be surprised if Terry, Kidd and Nowitzki make it. Especially since Dirk is out with an injury and Terry will go off.

For the reserves its gonna come down to who the coach is.
  • D.D.S.
    edited December 2010
    Don't get carried away yet if Greg Popovich is the coach for the West All Star team KL makes it as a reserve but if Rick Carlisle is then don't be surprised if Terry, Kidd and Nowitzki make it. Especially since Dirk is out with an injury and Terry will go off.

i feel like the starter 4 the west forward should be gasol & the reserves should be griffin, dirk, and love.
    btw, have u seen the west centers??
    no one on the ballot deserves a start or a reserve spot, lmao.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Blake Griffin might get snubbed cuz of his teams ? record
  • one_manshow
    edited December 2010
    i feel like the starter 4 the west forward should be gasol & the reserves should be griffin, dirk, and love.
    btw, have u seen the west centers??
    no one on the ballot deserves a start or a reserve spot, lmao.

So in other words what your saying is Griffin and Gasol should make it over Melo and ? ?

SMH.gif
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Russ Westbrook probably will get snubbed...he's still pretty unknown..i already voted..gonna vote a few more times probably..as long as KD get in im straight
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

Minnesota is 8-25. Nobody cares how good your stats are on a wack ass team. In that case, Monta Ellis should have made it last year, and he should also make it this year.

Ellis Last Year: 25.5ppg 5.3apg 2.2spg
    Ellis This Year: 25.9ppg 5.5apg 2.4spg

... If Kevin Love started it would be complete ? . There's no way he's better than Carmelo, Durant, Gasol, Dirk, or even Griffin. Actually he shouldn't even make the reserve team now that I think about it. Not in the forward spot at least. They better change his listing to a center, and then maybe he can get a reserve spot in the center position.
  • D.D.S.
    edited December 2010
    So in other words what your saying is Griffin and Gasol should make it over Melo and ? ?

SMH.gif

4got about melo. lmao. he prolly gonna get traded b4 the as game......
  • one_manshow
    edited December 2010
    Minnesota is 8-25. Nobody cares how good your stats are on a wack ass team. In that case, Monta Ellis should have made it last year, and he should also make it this year.

Ellis Last Year: 25.5ppg 5.3apg 2.2spg
    Ellis This Year: 25.9ppg 5.5apg 2.4spg

... If Kevin Love started it would be complete ? . There's no way he's better than Carmelo, Durant, Gasol, Dirk, or even Griffin. Actually he shouldn't even make the reserve team now that I think about it. Not in the forward spot at least. They better change his listing to a center, and then maybe he can get a reserve spot in the center position.

Kevin Love won't start the fans want to see dunks and are consumers to the politics,but Minnesota plays in the West had they been playing in the East add+5-6 games to the win column for sure. I've watched a couple of the games and they have lost a lot of close games due to inexperience and young guys making dumb mistakes. Sheeeeit they even gave the Lakers some trouble this season in a close game the team is still young. Plus 30-30 is impressive ain't no doubting that.
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Damn Lamar Odom cant get no love... he the only reason the lakers iz decent at the moment... real talk
  • one_manshow
    edited December 2010
    I'm surprised the Monta Ellis supporters aren't in here yet....
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I'm surprised the Monta Ellis supporters aren't in here yet....

I'ma huge monta fan but their record is bad and the coaches look at that more then anything
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

when u say this, dont all of the coaches vote for the reserves? how would the all star coach be able to put his own players on the squad unless theres an injury?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i think monta will get snubbed cause or record, but theres a lesser chance of that due to a spot being open that would normally belong to roy...

im hoping rudy ? will make it but i can see him either being snubbed, or his play falling off slightly b4 the game..
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Im predictin KD wins MVP. Kobe,CP3,Gasol,Duncan,KD that should be the startin line up. Melo,Nowitzki,Deron etc coming from the bench. It would be great if Griffin played in the All-Star
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    its the same cats every year...a popularity contest. u gotta be hoopin on some flashy ? to even get mentioned here.
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited December 2010
    Chris Bosh?

Think he gets in?
  • D.D.S.
    edited December 2010
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Im predictin KD wins MVP. Kobe,CP3,Gasol,Duncan,KD that should be the startin line up. Melo,Nowitzki,Deron etc coming from the bench. It would be great if Griffin played in the All-Star

biased post. lol.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    So far the results for the 2011 All Star team Ballots have shown as of December 16th that the race is close and players will get snubbed. Its evident that the players in the Western conference will take the hit especially the forwards and guards. Now before you trolls who get all excited remember the reserves are chosen by the coaches and its the fans who vote in the starting line up.

West Forwards

Kevin Durant (OKC) 470.881
    Pau Gasol (LAL) 390.808
    Carmelo Anthony (Den) 369.768
    Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 264.30
    Tim Duncan (SA) 247.364
    Blake Griffin (Lac) 245.16
    Kevin Love (Min) 81.865
    Rudy ? (Mem) Unknown

West Guards

Kobe Bryant (LAL) 722.682
    Chris Paul (NO) 386.649
    Manu Ginobili (SA) 230.137
    Steve Nash (Pho) 190.226
    Deron Williams (Uta) 184.148
    Russell Westbrook (Okl) 140.519
    Monta Ellis (GSW) Unknown

East Forwards
    Lebron James (Mia) 607.99
    Kevin Garnett (Bos) 456.111
    Amar'e Stoudemire (NY) 327.626
    Paul Pierce (Bos) 235.107
    Chris Bosh (Mia) 161.801
    Josh Smith (Atl) 104.713
    Danny Granger (Ind) 66.759

i Say Rudy gets Snubbed out of that Crop

Danny Granger i doubt makes it his Shooting % for this Month has been awful it's like 29 or 30% , and overall it's just 41% on the year...

and i Cant see Josh Smith making it over James,Garnett,Stoudemire,Pierce,Bosh ...... Depending on Garnett Knee injury then i could see Josh Smith going
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    biased post. lol.

lol! Wuz ? when they started Nowitzki last year instead of a deserving KD. George Karl ? up too by lettin Melo play all those minutes. It wuz pretty obvious he wuz favourin Melo. Now they all get to watch from the Bench. KD is obviously better than both. KD is due an All-star MVP.....
  • D.D.S.
    edited December 2010
    jrod44 wrote: »
    Chris Bosh?

Think he gets in?

yeah, his team is winning and he's puttin up acceptable numbers.
  • one_manshow
    edited December 2010
    radaman wrote: »
    when u say this, dont all of the coaches vote for the reserves? how would the all star coach be able to put his own players on the squad unless theres an injury?

Not sure if all coaches do vote as the coach with the best record going into the weekend coaches the squad along with his assistants and trainers. I think the coaches from the conference are allowed to vote but can't vote for their own players. Also with injuries occurring a lot of replacements get the nod from Stern.