Curren$y>J.Cole

Comments

• Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited December 2010
    Perfect wrote: »
    ? who said we sacrificin quality?

? did u hear King Kong...that was his lead single and it sounded like he recorded that ? in a bathroom...not to mention that wack ass hook...and that was his ALBUM

c'mon now son
  • Treize117
    edited December 2010
    Dakari wrote: »
    you mad cuz cole takes months to put together a rockabye tape and spitta can make dope ? in one night?

you mad cuz ur man put out a thousand mixtapes and still aint got the buzz Cole got off 3?
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
  • Dakari
    edited December 2010
    Treize117 wrote: »

Now continue bein in denial...

? a one time listen. im a cole fan bruh. the ? is a snoozer
    ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Im sick of ? using swag as an excuse to like lesser music

Cole's a better songwriter, lyricist, writes better hooks, got more subject matter, better delivery, and a flow just as good

Nobody would give a ? about curresy if he had never been at Cash Money to start homie, and considerin this ? steady pushin 10,000 units, even when he was all over MTV and droppin two albums in like 6 months, aint nobody giving HIM as second listen

Delivery +Flow? Spitta>>Cole
    Writes better hooks? Ill give it to Cole out of consistency, But IMO, the hook on "Address" >>most of Cole's hooks

Subject Matter? This ? ....I personally don't like giving ? accolades for subject matter cuz it gets to a point where we're just rewarding ? for being "different"; instead of asking ourselves "wait, even tho this ? was 'different" did what he even say was ill? Convincing? Did I hear authenticity in it? Was it cheesy?"

Its why Gotta Eat by Lupe IMO is a terrible track. Yeah its lyrical and "different" but its cheesy as ? , and I ? with Lupe hard (n/h). If im sold authenticity and charisma and entertainment mixed with slightly above average-far above average lyricism, then Ill take Curren$y, or pre-"Till the Casket Drops" Clipse or Rick Ross with their repetitive themes above most of these "super lyrical ass ? ."

And to bring up sales or popularity is low, B. C'mon, DO YOU THINK ? would ? with Cole if it wasn't for the Hov cosign or the marketing as "anti-drake"? ? woulda been blessed by Zeus himself to get Blu or Fashawn buzz without those factors. Meanwhile, I never ? with Curren$y prior to his recent work and got sold off of his material alone. Spitta has no big names in his corner and made the buzz himself. I don't even smoke weed and I vibe to this ? 's ? . All the while, Cole is used as a cure for insomnia.
    you mad cuz cole takes months to put together a rockabye tape and spitta can make dope ? in one night?

Lol at Rockabye tape
  • Treize117
    edited December 2010
    Delivery +Flow? Spitta>>Cole
    Writes better hooks? Ill give it to Cole out of consistency, But IMO, the hook on "Address" >>most of Cole's hooks

Subject Matter? This ? ....I personally don't like giving ? accolades for subject matter cuz it gets to a point where we're just rewarding ? for being "different"; instead of asking ourselves "wait, even tho this ? was 'different" did what he even say was ill? Convincing? Did I hear authenticity in it? Was it cheesy?"

Its why Gotta Eat by Lupe IMO is a terrible track. Yeah its lyrical and "different" but its cheesy as ? , and I ? with Lupe hard (n/h). If im sold authenticity and charisma and entertainment mixed with slightly above average-far above average lyricism, then Ill take Curren$y, or pre-"Till the Casket Drops" Clipse or Rick Ross with their repetitive themes above most of these "super lyrical ass ? ."

And to bring up sales or popularity is low, B. C'mon, DO YOU THINK ? would ? with Cole if it wasn't for the Hov cosign or the marketing as "anti-drake"? ? woulda been blessed by Zeus himself to get Blu or Fashawn buzz without those factors. Meanwhile, I never ? with Curren$y prior to his recent work and got sold off of his material alone. Spitta has no big names in his corner and made the buzz himself. I don't even smoke weed and I vibe to this ? 's ? . All the while, Cole is used as a cure for insomnia.

Lol at Rockabye tape

1.) Shadyteam brought up sales, I responded to her

2.) Nobody would know who Curren$y was to this day if it wasnt for Cash Money, stop it

3.) His flow and delivery aint better than Coles, that lazy talkin ? sound like he mumblin his verses, dont lie and say he dont

4.) Subject matter is important...but if yall ? wanna hear somebody rap about weed and how fly they are on EVERY SONG thats on u...its funny that u would call Cole the boring one tho...and for the record, rappin about ? that sounds "cool" dont equal charisma

5.) ? the "Gotta Eat" comparison, Cole aint made a song that corny in his life...the closest thing to corny he did was that Yo Gotti track and he never shoulda been on that ? to start
  • Dretox2010
    Dretox2010 Members Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2010
    Honestly J Cole is never ever going to sell records, get a record to reach the top 100 on the Chart even or sell out arenas with touring

He won't make it the publuic don't wanna hear him
  • Treize117
    edited December 2010
    ? a one time listen. im a cole fan bruh. the ? is a snoozer
    ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

lol...of course you are...lls
  • Treize117
    edited December 2010
    Dretox2010 wrote: »
    Honestly J Cole is never ever going to sell records, get a record to reach the top 100 on the Chart even or sell out arenas with touring

He won't make it the publuic don't wanna hear him

Styles P, Max B, and Z-ro be doin that tho right...
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    co-sign t/s ..

Curren$y is the uncrowned Artist of the Year, IMO
  • Dretox2010
    Dretox2010 Members Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2010
    Styles P, Max B, and Z-ro be doin that tho right...

No but they make Music i enjoy listening to i mean let's be fair

Styles P has been apart of a Platinum Album with the Lox & has had Hit's

Max B would outsell J Cole any day of the week

ZRO is the Southern 2pac but unlike 2pac he could actually perform & Write dope Hook's
  • Dakari
    edited December 2010
    lol...of course you are...lls

son i put a whole high school up on j. cole. i put my dad up on j. cole. the ? has been boring since warm up.
    are you a stan?
  • Treize117
    edited December 2010
    son i put a whole high school up on j. cole. i put my dad up on j. cole. the ? has been boring since warm up.
    are you a stan?

u be puttin ppl on to boring music?

or u just a fan of it?
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited December 2010
    lol at J.Cole Slaw.....faf.
  • Dakari
    edited December 2010
    u be puttin ppl on to boring music?

or u just a fan of it?

i like the ? lyrics, and delivery, all that ? . that mixtape was dope ass hell. it wasnt boring. ? got comfortable as of late and been layin ? down to sleep. Cole got skills... he just boring as of late. get over it.
  • Treize117
    edited December 2010
    i like the ? lyrics, and delivery, all that ? . that mixtape was dope ass hell. it wasnt boring. ? got comfortable as of late and been layin ? down to sleep. Cole got skills... he just boring as of late. get over it.

? please...he didnt randomly become boring...and Friday Night Lights probably his best and most popular mixtape

? outta here
  • Dakari
    edited December 2010
    ? please...he didnt randomly become boring...and Friday Night Lights probably his best and most popular mixtape

? outta here

? .. that ? was good yea. its still nothing i'd ride to consistently. i prolly played that ? all the way through maybe 3 times... and never listened again. Cole aint live. He's just somebody you listen to..just to listen to.
    What image J. Cole give off? How do ? relate to him? That struggle ? aint gon carry him all the way through his career. ? got money.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Man J Cole is dope

? his fans though.....
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    spitta picks better beats too, i dont see how anyone thinks any different
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    put any curren$y verse up that ? wit this

im a huge spitta fan but lyrically he aint ? wit cole at all.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ? .. that ? was good yea. its still nothing i'd ride to consistently. i prolly played that ? all the way through maybe 3 times... and never listened again. Cole aint live. He's just somebody you listen to..just to listen to.
    What image J. Cole give off? How do ? relate to him?
    That struggle ? aint gon carry him all the way through his career. ? got money.

I'm not sure if we'll get an answer to those vital questions.
    Cole is dope .. but thats just it ..
    No disrespect or anything ..
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Curren$y always had a crazy flow on him since No Limit, but his sleepy high delivery has that effect to...put you to sleep...but the way Cole delivery is waaay more animated and keeps you elevated.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i like both but sometime Cole be sounding like he yelling sometimes and that ? gets anoying as ? . Spitta,that ? is smooth as ? and is mad underrated
  • RED Hood
    RED Hood Members Posts: 617
    edited December 2010
    I think Currensy is a modern day ghost face killah for real if you listen to his lyrical content yeah his flow is smooth but it is boring at times