I'm the only one...

Itz Luigi Bitch!
Itz Luigi Bitch! Members Posts: 240
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Out of all my close high school friends that didn't graduate college...but I'm the only one that has a stable job doin what I like...

This is not dissin them cuz I actually feel kinda bad that they did all this hard work...and you gotta be dedicated to finish college, yet they've reaped no rewards...

I know they're not the only ones, but why does college seem so unimportant now, after all isn't that what everybody pushes you towards as a child?

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    What did they major in?
  • Itz Luigi Bitch!
    edited December 2010
    Two of the four majored in sports med. & physiology, and graduated.
    One finished graduate school for engineering but now has to try for a different engineering degree.
    And the last is now a chemist but can't find work in the united states...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    One finished graduate school for engineering but now has to try for a different engineering degree.

From what I heard, only the bolded are stable degrees. I pray everyday that by the time I graduate there are more jobs. My major is business administration (focus on economics) and I plan to go to law schoola afterwards.
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    The statistics are clear about the relationship between college graduation and employment. Your anecdotal story doesn't change that.

Mods,

/thread.
  • Itz Luigi Bitch!
    edited December 2010
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    From what I heard, only the bolded are stable degrees. I pray everyday that by the time I graduate there are more jobs. My major is business administration (focus on economics) and I plan to go to law schoola afterwards.

Yeah I hear you, but the firs two should be able to be trainer staff at the college or professional level...especially in the region of Texas/Louisiana where were at...idk though
  • Itz Luigi Bitch!
    edited December 2010
    The statistics are clear about the relationship between college graduation and employment. Your anecdotal story doesn't change that.

Mods,

/thread.

Stats tell a lot, but they don't tell everything...I'm not speaking as if they will never get good jobs...I just hate how they're gettin passed on by "friends of the company family" who are not as qualified...

And if you gotta get on your knees and beg the mods to close thread, you can save time by hittin the back/previous button on your browser...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    deadeye wrote: »
    Is business administration considered a stable degree?

I didn't think it was.

Or maybe I'm confusing that with a business management degree.

Yeah, I'm pretty much guaranteed to find a job SOMEWHERE, even if low paying.
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited December 2010

lol, there's ya answer right there muthafucka....ya friends had majors that aren't really in demand and that don't have high hiring rates...

the engineering and chemistry majors i'm a lil' stumped on, but hey, college is an experience and should be treated as such...it don't always yield work in a field that one likes a lot....
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    wat do you do?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    im the only one with a job
  • Itz Luigi Bitch!
    edited December 2010
    Razah Cutz wrote: »
    lol, there's ya answer right there muthafucka....ya friends had majors that aren't really in demand and that don't have high hiring rates...

the engineering and chemistry majors i'm a lil' stumped on, but hey, college is an experience and should be treated as such...it don't always yield work in a field that one likes a lot....

You might be right...

But athletes need training and rehabilitation everyday in college and pro sports.

We need structural engineers for ? to be built right...

And chemists are in demand for various reasons, tho it looks like not in the U.S.
  • Itz Luigi Bitch!
    edited December 2010
    Dakari wrote: »
    wat do you do?

If you're askin me, I work for a limousine manufacturer...had no experience whatsoever, but got hired by someone I kno...
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

i find that hard to believe...but ok