Life Without People

Options
Hyde Parke
Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
Anybody ever catch that show? It comes on the History Channel and basically gives a chronological timeline on what the world is like with no people. In about 4,000 yrs, the world is pretty much back to where it was with no traces of lifeform. Very interesting.

speak on it, even if you havent seen the show.

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's ? . The show should really be called "Life without ? western civilization", because the Earth could end up back that way with people still around. It's basically a show put there to condition people into thinking that this current way of life is the absolute only way humans can be advanced... IT'S A LIE just like pretty much anything else you see on TV.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    It's ? . The show should really be called "Life without ? western civilization", because the Earth could end up back that way with people still around. It's basically a show put there to condition people into thinking that this current way of life is the absolute only way humans can be advanced... IT'S A LIE just like pretty much anything else you see on TV.

Uhhhh, you seem to have missed the point of the show. It's purpose is not to make any commentary on how society and civilization are or should be. The show is solely about showing how the remnants of humanity will fade if the human influence is gone. For example, they will talk about the Statue of Liberty, and then show what will happen to it in 10 years, 50 years, 100 years, etc. after humanity is gone. It has nothing to do with what you're talking about.
  • Chike
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Uhhhh, you seem to have missed the point of the show. It's purpose is not to make any commentary on how society and civilization are or should be. The show is solely about showing how the remnants of humanity will fade if the human influence is gone. For example, they will talk about the Statue of Liberty, and then show what will happen to it in 10 years, 50 years, 100 years, etc. after humanity is gone. It has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

Right that is the initial surface purpose of the show. Dont get me wrong, I love watching this place Disintegrate into the Earth lol I just wish it would take so long.
  • The_African
    The_African Members Posts: 174
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The sooner ? sapiens die out, the better. I mean that.
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it be ? load of animals; keep the natives americans they no how to do it
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why did they make it all horror movie like?
  • Hyde Parke
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why did they make it all horror movie like?

idk, they could have still got the point over without all of the theatrics, i do think tho, they did a pretty good job overall with the indepth descriptiveness. What i took away from it, is how everything is connected and serves a purpose, and how with one link of the chain (people), missing, it causes a major domino effect. In as little as one day, with no people on earth, you can already see the effects.It also has some really good survival tips.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Right that is the initial surface purpose of the show. Dont get me wrong, I love watching this place Disintegrate into the Earth lol I just wish it would take so long.

so you have shaped your mind to believe that in everything there is some undercover covert type ? designed to first brainwash us, then wipe us out? you give these conspiracy theories waay to much credit. while there are obviously, government cover ups, i think you going overboard. IMO, Its not that serious.
  • Chike
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    so you have shaped your mind to believe that in everything there is some undercover covert type ? designed to first brainwash us, then wipe us out? you give these conspiracy theories waay to much credit. while there are obviously, government cover ups, i think you going overboard. IMO, Its not that serious.

Now why would they want to ? there slaves? Who is going to do all their work? Themselves? lol right... I don't know what you are talking about and where you got any of that from lol
  • Hyde Parke
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ha, ha, then i guess we are even, because I dont know what you are talking about either.
  • Chike
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ha, ha, then i guess we are even, because I dont know what you are talking about either.

I'm just curious what you meant about brainwash us and then wipe us out? Where did you get the wiping out part from my post?
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Anybody ever catch that show? It comes on the History Channel and basically gives a chronological timeline on what the world is like with no people. In about 4,000 yrs, the world is pretty much back to where it was with no traces of lifeform. Very interesting.

speak on it, even if you havent seen the show.

Its a good show but it doesn't account for all possiblities, IMO. I'm always saying to myself "but what if this happened?"
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its a good show but it doesn't account for all possiblities, IMO. I'm always saying to myself "but what if this happened?"

thats wat happened when u watch those types of shows..............in the end of the day all it is, is just Speculation. I watch it sometimes but dont really pay it any real thought..............it is intereesting though
  • davidgeg
    davidgeg Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Life without people; I enjoyed the show,
    BUT "where did all the people go" if they died, there would be lots of deaduns,
    if something killed the people why didn't it ? the animals,
    but what about the native races, meaning the tribes that have had little or no contact with "white" or "civilised" populations.

The program would have been more credable with these questions answered.
    It was interesting tp speculate on the deterioration of "white mans" buildings.
    I use the term"white man" only to collectively refer to we who construct buildings,vehicles etc. etc.as it of couse refers to coloured races who do the same things.