Vizio's First 21:9 Cinema Wide TV Whoa!!! [CES 2010]

Rated R
Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllTek
a41pn6.jpg

58" Cinema Wide Display
Taking a major step forward in enabling viewers to experience a fully immersive widescreen film experience without a separate projector and screen, VIZIO's first Cinema Wide Display, the XVTPRO580CD offers the ultimate experience for the movie enthusiast. This 58" Razor LED display has a 21x9 aspect ratio, with an incredible resolution of 2560 x 1080p, allowing consumers to view 2.35:1 "Scope" aspect ratio films using the entire display area, with no loss of resolution and no black bars. With 1 million to 1 Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio™, Smart Dimming™, and 120 Hz with Smooth Motion technology, the XVTPRO580CD delivers brilliant details and rich colors to bring the cinematic experience into the home. Its striking wide appearance is further enhanced by its brushed aluminum chassis. The Cinema Wide Display also includes VIA, built-in wireless (802.11n dual-band) or wired networking, and a Bluetooth universal remote control with sliding QWERTY keyboard. It is expected to ship later this year.

Comments

• Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    THis is not your typical HD tv which is like 16:9

this is 21:9 so it's like the same ratio as the movie theater screens

So now that everyone has an HDTV they are gonna try and sell us 3D TVs and CinemaWide TVs
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Word if I had the money like that I would cop that joint....I got a 37" vizio
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    damn.

everything is going 3D, that is kinda annoying.

but as for this tv, whoa!! I would totally cop it. How much does this tv run?
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Vizio makes damn good TVs. A lot of people I know sleep on them, but I just copped a 46" LED set, and it's definitely money well spent.

Can't wait to take a look at this new one.
  • rapstarsupreme
    rapstarsupreme Members Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    I also have a Vizio 36'. The wide screen that Rated R posted is pretty sick. Vizio isn't considered top of the line, but you really get great quality for a low price. The 21:9 aspect ratio is killer on that 58".