? and Gods: The Faith Cannot Be Shaken

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Every culture has a ? or GODS that they absolutely believe in, without any shadow of a doubt. Each culture has a story of creation, good, evil, end and returns. Each culture has had contact with their ? or Gods which they've written about or drew out. It's obvious there's something they're trying to convey to each generation that comes forth. What message is it though?

I find it strange that any Christian, or believer, can look upon another culture and say, "you're crazy, wrong and this is why..." then you open up a book to show how and why. You point to scriptures to prove your ? and to prove that others don't exist by bringing up what ? says about OTHER Gods. They might do the same.

All faiths within the cultures across the world cannot be shaken, they firmly believe these things. They ALL share the same common thing:

They had CONTACT with this ? or GODS. They were TOLD to do certain things. They were GIVEN things. They also were TAKEN UP and BROUGHT BACK. The description of their ? or Gods coming are the same as when the "Christian" ? comes. There's smoke, fire, it's bright, its loud, the earth shakes etc. Their ? or Gods had sex with earth people, the "Christian" book says "fallen angels" did. It says they bore "star children", the "Christian" book says they were giants. Both make a point to say, they were different than us. Most of the cultures too have a belief THEIR ? or GODS WILL RETURN. They ALSO have a savior in the end times. All cultures attribute a flood to ? or Gods, or any type of destruction to them/him.

Faiths from different cultures, from different parts of the world cannot be shaken but they all share what I've listed. I will not list each cultures beliefs and names, because I don't know them ALL.

My question is: If they are crazy and it cannot be possible, then what makes the "Christian" belief possible and the truth? Without scripture, how can YOU be the right and they the wrong? Too many similarities that I listed that they all share which is COMMON WITH ? OR GODS IN ALL CULTURES. Was it something misunderstood? Was "nature" ? ? (thunder, lightning, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, storms, floods etc) Did they mistakenly attribute these to ? ? What about contact, what was THEIR contact? Christians believe it was actually ? and angels, what about them? Same descriptions, just different names.

Comments

• TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Every culture has a ? or GODS that they absolutely believe in, without any shadow of a doubt. Each culture has a story of creation, good, evil, end and returns. Each culture has had contact with their ? or Gods which they've written about or drew out. It's obvious there's something they're trying to convey to each generation that comes forth. What message is it though?

I find it strange that any Christian, or believer, can look upon another culture and say, "you're crazy, wrong and this is why..." then you open up a book to show how and why. You point to scriptures to prove your ? and to prove that others don't exist by bringing up what ? says about OTHER Gods. They might do the same.

All faiths within the cultures across the world cannot be shaken, they firmly believe these things. They ALL share the same common thing:

They had CONTACT with this ? or GODS. They were TOLD to do certain things. They were GIVEN things. They also were TAKEN UP and BROUGHT BACK. The description of their ? or Gods coming are the same as when the "Christian" ? comes. There's smoke, fire, it's bright, its loud, the earth shakes etc. Their ? or Gods had sex with earth people, the "Christian" book says "fallen angels" did. It says they bore "star children", the "Christian" book says they were giants. Both make a point to say, they were different than us. Most of the cultures too have a belief THEIR ? or GODS WILL RETURN. They ALSO have a savior in the end times. All cultures attribute a flood to ? or Gods, or any type of destruction to them/him.

Faiths from different cultures, from different parts of the world cannot be shaken but they all share what I've listed. I will not list each cultures beliefs and names, because I don't know them ALL.

My question is: If they are crazy and it cannot be possible, then what makes the "Christian" belief possible and the truth? Without scripture, how can YOU be the right and they the wrong? Too many similarities that I listed that they all share which is COMMON WITH ? OR GODS IN ALL CULTURES. Was it something misunderstood? Was "nature" ? ? (thunder, lightning, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, storms, floods etc) Did they mistakenly attribute these to ? ? What about contact, what was THEIR contact? Christians believe it was actually ? and angels, what about them? Same descriptions, just different names.

Not every religion deals with the issues of life the same way. Every religion has a reason for why the world is the way it is and what to do about it. As far as one of them being the truth...if one is the truth, then it is.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Not every religion deals with the issues of life the same way. Every religion has a reason for why the world is the way it is and what to do about it. As far as one of them being the truth...if one is the truth, then it is.

Well, for the most part most religions or people who are religious do deal with life the same way. With these people/cultures/religions, they all seem to share the same visions and contacts with these "Gods" or ? .

Joan of Arc claimed she was visited by a divine being who instructed HER to take charge of her country's army and take them to victory, which happened.

Was she visited by the Bible ? ?

There's MANY stories of people who were instructed by ? to do many things, to led army's, to build buildings, to build arks (Noah, Gilgamesh *supposedly)

What everyone shares is the contact/visions, but they're all different in their own ways.

Tonight I watched the last episode of "Ancient Aliens", in which spoke of this exact topic as in other "Gods, ? " visiting and having contact with other ancient people. Now I had no knowledge of what this episode was, I actually forgot it was going to be on. It just so happens it pretty much matched up. Go figure huh?

Anyways, it spoke of a young mathematician who was from India (mid 20's in age) and he sent a letter to a mathematician here in the states. This letter contained crazy math problems all written down by him (the young guy from India). This young boy claims to get most of his problems through 'dreams', where he is visited by a GODDESS and told these things of math. Now he is a math prodigy and has been since a little boy but he's saying he's being given MESSAGES from a GODDESS. Now this math is a big break through I THINK for some type of time travel or portal.

It does sound crazy right? Of course, scoff that this but not at the bible.

My point is, there are people being given messages. They're being visited, sometimes over and over again.

What are these other Gods? From today and back in ancient times before Christ, before ? was known in Israel, before Abraham, before Noah? Who are they?

The bible ? is the ONE AND TRUE ? , why do these others claim other names and stories? SOME similar to the Jesus story and plus many upon MANY of the same FLOOD scenario when they were told to "BUILD ARCS, to TAKE ANIMALS"? Gilgamesh is said to have been told by the GODS to build an arc and take animals, the same as NOAH. Now Gilgamesh is supposedly to have lived in the 2500 BC as where Noah was 2300 BC. Close in time, very close.

So who was to have visited Gilgamesh then to tell him the same exact thing to do as Noah?

Again; the bible ? is the ONE AND TRUE ? , why did he allow these things to happen without HIM being acknowledged as the ONE TRUE ? ? These people freely spoke of these GODS.

Sorry if this post seems confusing or sloppy, I'm sorta distracted from time to time with one of my kids as I'm typing.
  • alissowack
    edited December 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Well, for the most part most religions or people who are religious do deal with life the same way. With these people/cultures/religions, they all seem to share the same visions and contacts with these "Gods" or ? .

Joan of Arc claimed she was visited by a divine being who instructed HER to take charge of her country's army and take them to victory, which happened.

Was she visited by the Bible ? ?

There's MANY stories of people who were instructed by ? to do many things, to led army's, to build buildings, to build arks (Noah, Gilgamesh *supposedly)

What everyone shares is the contact/visions, but they're all different in their own ways.

Tonight I watched the last episode of "Ancient Aliens", in which spoke of this exact topic as in other "Gods, ? " visiting and having contact with other ancient people. Now I had no knowledge of what this episode was, I actually forgot it was going to be on. It just so happens it pretty much matched up. Go figure huh?

Anyways, it spoke of a young mathematician who was from India (mid 20's in age) and he sent a letter to a mathematician here in the states. This letter contained crazy math problems all written down by him (the young guy from India). This young boy claims to get most of his problems through 'dreams', where he is visited by a GODDESS and told these things of math. Now he is a math prodigy and has been since a little boy but he's saying he's being given MESSAGES from a GODDESS. Now this math is a big break through I THINK for some type of time travel or portal.

It does sound crazy right? Of course, scoff that this but not at the bible.

My point is, there are people being given messages. They're being visited, sometimes over and over again.

What are these other Gods? From today and back in ancient times before Christ, before ? was known in Israel, before Abraham, before Noah? Who are they?

The bible ? is the ONE AND TRUE ? , why do these others claim other names and stories? SOME similar to the Jesus story and plus many upon MANY of the same FLOOD scenario when they were told to "BUILD ARCS, to TAKE ANIMALS"? Gilgamesh is said to have been told by the GODS to build an arc and take animals, the same as NOAH. Now Gilgamesh is supposedly to have lived in the 2500 BC as where Noah was 2300 BC. Close in time, very close.

So who was to have visited Gilgamesh then to tell him the same exact thing to do as Noah?

Again; the bible ? is the ONE AND TRUE ? , why did he allow these things to happen without HIM being acknowledged as the ONE TRUE ? ? These people freely spoke of these GODS.

Sorry if this post seems confusing or sloppy, I'm sorta distracted from time to time with one of my kids as I'm typing.

I don't mean in the "miraculous" sense. I mean real world stuff like why are we here, what's right and wrong, what's wrong with the world and how can be done to fix it. Religions do point out these things in very different ways. If religion is really all about the magic involved, then it is a lost cause. People can make their gods (or goddesses) as powerful as they want them to be.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Vibe consider this about Nikola Tesla (the inventor of the AC current/direct current and most modern day electrical devices):

"Tesla was stricken with illness time and time again. He suffered a peculiar affliction in which blinding flashes of light would appear before his eyes, often accompanied by visions. Much of the time the visions were linked to a word or idea he might have come across, at other times they would provide the solution to a particular problem he had been encountering; just by hearing the name of an item, he would be able to envision it in realistic detail." - Wikipedia

Research will show that almost all the inventions that helped to shaped today's reality was introduced through visions/dreams or encounters with divine beings, this is also true of most religions.
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    “Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the U.S., in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.”

Woodrow Wilson (1856-1924)

28th President of the United States
  • toktaylor
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Acient Alien Theory and the stories in the bible are not in contrast with each other, they tell basically the same story. Devils, Demons, Angels represents Aliens, whether benevolent or evil. The primary theme is the same, there are postive and negative forces that have been shaping the lifes of Human from time immemorial.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    Acient Alien Theory and the stories in the bible are not in contrast with each other, they tell basically the same story. Devils, Demons, Angels represents Aliens, whether benevolent or evil. The primary theme is the same, there are postive and negative forces that have been shaping the lifes of Human from time immemorial.

I don't want to make this an "Ancient Alien" thread, as there is one already, I just brought it up quickly because it went with the topic. (the ONE episode I seen last night)

I would take that as a more plausible scenario because they aren't ? or angels. For these other people to say they contacted and seen and talked to and were given visions by GODS should be taken serious. It doesn't matter if they said it was a 20 headed ? , still should be taken serious. But no, their visions and contacts were under hallucinogenic drug induced trances while Moses, Abraham and Noah actually DID talk/contact ? .

? . There's obviously something but what is it? All record the same things, it's up to us to figure it out.

I still haven't received an answer though, my questions remain.
  • VIBE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Someone put the gloves on damn....
  • VIBE
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Care to answer DoU? Please?
  • alissowack
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What are you hoping to get an answer for? You have stressed that there are similarities in religions and it's something we all can't deny. But, there are differences that religions have that make them "exclusive" in practice. Why does it seem like every religion person is saying "I have the truth and you don't"? Who knows? It's possible for all religions to be false...but they can't all be true.