What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Andre 3000 Vs. Common

radioraheemradioraheem Posts: 60
edited January 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Do these two niggas got a silent beef, because of erykah, they haven't collabo'd from what I know and are two of the dopest, who's better?
twojoints that came on my playlist that made me make this thread

Replies

• radioraheemradioraheem Posts: 60
    edited December 2010
    I go with Commin Sense, even though most will prolly go for stax
  • jackthemackjackthemack Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common is top 10 MC whereas 3 Stacks aint even the best in his own group.
  • Razah CutzRazah Cutz Posts: 800
    edited December 2010
    this ain't even a question man.....

Andre 3000 is that dude, but he ain't fucking with Common Sense in no typa ways...solo albums, overall flow and lyricism, none of it....maybe he beats him in the creativity area, but not by much...sheeit remember Common was on that whole wild ass, afrocentric, unafraid to experiment with the wardrobe ish' too....
  • obnoxiouslyfreshobnoxiouslyfresh Still Ginny From The Block Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common.

. . .
    Angel out of heaven, such a goddess, have a nigga praying [-O<
  • dreadlock rastadreadlock rasta Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common can spit and get deep, but 3 stacks is the big homie, he retarded wit it
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common is top 10 MC whereas 3 Stacks aint even the best in his own group.

C'mon son, stop that
  • mekmek Posts: 95
    edited December 2010
    i like common but i thought andre had this
  • master_mentormaster_mentor Posts: 222
    edited December 2010
    They are both in my Top 5. If it comes to lyricism, creativity and overall skills i would go with 3K. On the battle tip, i would choose Common. How he humiliated Ice Cube on the bitch in you was epic. Definately GOAT diss track.
  • vespesianusvespesianus Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Common easy, niggas need to get off 3k's nuts
    Bowser play way too damn much. It aint een like he be tryna fuck or nothin. You'd think somebody that owned 7 or 8 castles and numerous small fortresses would have enough money to buy all the IG pussy he wanted and giv'em that Saudi Prince treatment. Instead he still bullshittin with Peach ole raggedy ass.

If we gon be outraged, lets be mad about that.
  • Jabu_RuleJabu_Rule Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I go with 3Stacks. I know he only did one half of an album but he has enough versus and classics with big boi to justify his relevancy. I didn't feel Common's older work. I know that sounds blasphemous but i always thought he was boring. He was trying to be a NYC rapper on his earlier work and honestly i would rather listen to a NYC rapper at the time. His later work was influenced by Bhadu and Kanye West (I said it). His recent work is influenced by Hollywood. 3Stacks got his own lane. I go beyond rap to say overall that 3Stacks is a better more gifted artist.

Common can rap but he doesn't have the flow that 3stacks has nor does he have the presence. They both spit flames but i find 3Stacks to be more creative with his lyrics rather then trying to be witty. 3Stacks is obviously busy with his other art and hopefully he'll get back to music. Even Ceelo as gifted as a rhymer that he is switched up and went to a funk\hiphop\hybrid style with success. Let's not forget that The Love Below which can be considered a solo effort rocked the earth.
    beyonce-jay-z-blue-ivy-bikes-7e423fe2-53e3-4784-9386-73b60ac360f5.jpg
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Depends on what you're basing the argument on, Common is the more accomplished solo artist, of course. He created Resurrection which is a classic. But Andre has classics too and also a better more gifted all around flow. He's more talented in my opinion, but not as good an artist as Common as I like Common's music more.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAveChuckieInDaMurderAve Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Andre 3000 without a doubt, never gave a fuck about Common and never will.
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Razah Cutz wrote: »
    this ain't even a question man.....

Andre 3000 is that dude, but he ain't fucking with Common Sense in no typa ways...solo albums, overall flow and lyricism, none of it....maybe he beats him in the creativity area, but not by much...sheeit remember Common was on that whole wild ass, afrocentric, unafraid to experiment with the wardrobe ish' too....

What he said.
  • DRODRO Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    COMMON BEEN HAD THE SAME FLOW AND SAME TOPICS SINCE HE CAME OUT... HIS MUSIC IS GOOD, BUT DRE EVOLVES EVERY DAM ALBUM...

HE CAN JUMP ON a SONG WITH RICH BOY, JAYZ, MYSTICAL.. ETC.....

3000 WINS THIS EASILY!!!
    29cl3xf.png
  • starvinstarvin Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I like common but its 3 stacks for me
    tumblr_mhpoqebgSs1s1wxobo1_400.gif
  • georgia boigeorgia boi Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    The only thing Common has over Andre is a solo catalog. Just based off flow, lyrics, delivery, creativity etc., Andre 3000>>>>>>Common by far and I like Common.
  • bluprintbluprint Posts: 465
    edited December 2010
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I go with 3Stacks. I know he only did one half of an album but he has enough versus and classics with big boi to justify his relevancy. I didn't feel Common's older work. I know that sounds blasphemous but i always thought he was boring. He was trying to be a NYC rapper on his earlier work and honestly i would rather listen to a NYC rapper at the time. His later work was influenced by Bhadu and Kanye West (I said it). His recent work is influenced by Hollywood. 3Stacks got his own lane. I go beyond rap to say overall that 3Stacks is a better more gifted artist.

Common can rap but he doesn't have the flow that 3stacks has nor does he have the presence. They both spit flames but i find 3Stacks to be more creative with his lyrics rather then trying to be witty. 3Stacks is obviously busy with his other art and hopefully he'll get back to music. Even Ceelo as gifted as a rhymer that he is switched up and went to a funk\hiphop\hybrid style with success. Let's not forget that The Love Below which can be considered a solo effort rocked the earth.

Yeah what he said
  • General_PattonGeneral_Patton Posts: 203
    edited December 2010
    3000 easily, always kept his style his, didn't switch up influenced by kanye and erykah
  • CollegeBoi12CollegeBoi12 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    IMO, their best work was influenced by Erykah Badu
    Listen to The Love Below and tell be you don't hear where she influenced 3 stacks
    Listen to Electric Circus and it's the same thing
  • Mvpbrodie93Mvpbrodie93 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I used to love her>>>>>>>>>
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I used to love her>>>>>>>>>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Mvpbrodie93Mvpbrodie93 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My favorite Hip hop song, even tho i like BE better then Ressurrection