Freddie Gibbs

elijahcraig
elijahcraig Members Posts: 24
edited January 2011 in The Essence
Who's feeling Gangsta Gibbs? He's bring a rawness and realism that few are bringing these days.

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    That track was pretty nice, I haven't checked out any of his work yet though, any ideas on what to listen to?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Gangsta Gibbs is dope as ? you shold check out all his mixtapes....."Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik","The Miseducation of Feddie Gibbs, and "Str8 Killa,No Filla.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    satyrone wrote: »
    Gangsta Gibbs is dope as ? you shold check out all his mixtapes....."Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik","The Miseducation of Feddie Gibbs, and "Str8 Killa,No Filla.

Props Stayr, I'm looking forward to checking it when I get the chance :tu
  • kobe42085
    kobe42085 Members Posts: 61
    edited December 2010
    Freddie Gibbs is unbelievably talented. Go to this site, it has all his stuff - http://freddiegibbsmusic.angelfire.com/cds.html
  • radioraheem
    radioraheem Members Posts: 60
    edited January 2011
    Freddie Gibbs, and Nipsey are two of the dopest to me, I'm worried they won't get there shots though
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Freddie Gibbs, and Nipsey are two of the dopest to me, I'm worried they won't get there shots though

I wouldn't fear that so much, both of these artists will their shots to some degree, they're attracting the mainstream fans where as a lot of independent artists aren't.
  • satyrone
    edited January 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I wouldn't fear that so much, both of these artists will their shots to some degree, they're attracting the mainstream fans where as a lot of independent artists aren't.

i dunno tho. Freddie Gibbs and Nipsey is commin more with that gangsta ? . and nowadays hip-hop is so watered down ppl are scared to put real ? like Gibbs and Nips on the radio. they prolly wont do big numbers but they;ll have ? out there that will support their movement. these are mos def a couple of ? that ill support hard jus like Currensy
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    i dunno tho. Freddie Gibbs and Nipsey is commin more with that gangsta ? . and nowadays hip-hop is so watered down ppl are scared to put real ? like Gibbs and Nips on the radio. they prolly wont do big numbers but they;ll have ? out there that will support their movement. these are mos def a couple of ? that ill support hard jus like Currensy

I dunno, maybe the game has switched that much, but personally, I feel that they will garner the attention and with the buzz on the rise, both will get deals and push an album out.

I also feel like if there's going to be another wave of artists in the mainstream that the westcoast will be the place to bring the talent. In a way, Detox could promote this happening as more westcoast artists start to be put on. Similar to after Chronic 2001 dropped. Every Westcoast artist who had an album out within the following two years had my money. That was in an era where I supported an album or two a week though. But still.

If you add Nipsey to the Kendrick Lamar camp with J Rock and them, Fashawn, Blu etc. Maybe not the latter, but still, the westcoast is on the rise in my eyes.

I still haven't bumped either of these dudes enough to have a solid opinion on either though. I'll do that at the weekend.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

Freddie Gibbs is the truth

one of my favorites
  • tbone 11
    tbone 11 Members Posts: 16
    edited January 2011
    Gibbs is the man. he does "gangsta rap" yes but the thing is....he can actually rap. his flow is crazy
  • elijahcraig
    edited January 2011
    I dig Nipsey, but I put Gibbs above him at the moment. Nipsey seems too one-dimensional to me. I need to hear some songs from him that show depth, before I can officially co-sign him. When he first came out I was hype, but he's slowly souring on me. When it comes to Gibbs, the closest rapper on his level in my eyes is Big K.R.I.T.

KRIT got a free mixtape out right now that's FLAME, plus he made all the beats... the two below videos are from the mixtape. on the 2nd he flips a song by Adele into pure dopeness
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    My ? put me on to Gibbs, still checkin his ? out. He's dope tho
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Dat hometown hero is a classic, and I listened to dat ? 1000 times and wondered where they got that sample from. I happend to be listening to dat Hometown Glory by Adele and I was like ahhh ? .
  • satyrone
    edited January 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe the game has switched that much, but personally, I feel that they will garner the attention and with the buzz on the rise, both will get deals and push an album out.

I also feel like if there's going to be another wave of artists in the mainstream that the westcoast will be the place to bring the talent. In a way, Detox could promote this happening as more westcoast artists start to be put on. Similar to after Chronic 2001 dropped. Every Westcoast artist who had an album out within the following two years had my money. That was in an era where I supported an album or two a week though. But still.

If you add Nipsey to the Kendrick Lamar camp with J Rock and them, Fashawn, Blu etc. Maybe not the latter, but still, the westcoast is on the rise in my eyes.

I still haven't bumped either of these dudes enough to have a solid opinion on either though. I'll do that at the weekend.

well with Nipsey he was pushin his music hard and he signd with epic i think then they keep delaying his ablum "South Central State of Mind' then i think left the lable and just went back to grinding lik he was. he jus dropped a new mixtape "Marathon" and ? is dope. but as far as his album i dont know when or if it will be commin out. but at least hes still grinding and keeping his name out there. and Gibbs i dont know if hes signd yet and if he does i dont thinh hell b treated good at any label
  • elijahcraig
    edited January 2011
    "South Central State of Mind'

Yeah, I definitely hope this still drops
  • Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Gibbs is dope i got str8 killa and miseducation on rotate