Any Fighters?

The Jackal
The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Weight Room
If so what style. Personally I love boxing but am looking to branch out.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    will munny competes, jamel trains, and i'm currently training with a fighter to get my ass in shape
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Like my man DU said, I compete in BJJ now, trying to train atleast 10 hours a week. Hopefully I can fight this year sometime. But it's soooooo hard not drinking and stuff. I love competing though. Nothing in the world as pure as one on one competition. Really glad I found BJJ after I got done wrestling cause it was a huge hole in soul and BJJ completes me in a way working out alone can't.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Like my man DU said, I compete in BJJ now, trying to train atleast 10 hours a week. Hopefully I can fight this year sometime. But it's soooooo hard not drinking and stuff. I love competing though. Nothing in the world as pure as one on one competition. Really glad I found BJJ after I got done wrestling cause it was a huge hole in soul and BJJ completes me in a way working out alone can't.

yea the dude i train with competes....we're doing a whole lot of cardio with the boxing right now, so i can get my wind back for the mats in about February.... dude's going to teach me some BJJ, but he wants me to incorporate my overalll wrestling experience with that to help him add on to his repertoire,
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Currently I train in Muay Thai and a little BJJ. I used to train at this one academy for a few years but now I just train myself :tu The gym I workout at has heavy bags so I do my weight lifting/cardio in the morning and my Muay Thai/BJJ in the afternoon/evening. All in all though, I ? with Muay Thai, a little BJJ, Boxing, Krav Maga, and still even practice the Marine Corps Martial Arts I was taught while I served lol
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    dusouljah wrote: »
    yea the dude i train with competes....we're doing a whole lot of cardio with the boxing right now, so i can get my wind back for the mats in about February.... dude's going to teach me some BJJ, but he wants me to incorporate my overalll wrestling experience with that to help him add on to his repertoire,

Yeah dude wrestling is a huge advantage. And the better you get and more you learn the more you're gonna see the advantage if you don't right away.

Like you may not know alot to do from a front headlock potion, but since you're a wrestler you an probably control people from there extremely well. Then you get taught some guillotines and anaconda chokes and it's like right away ahead of everyone who never wrestled.

Give BJJ a shot man. I tell that to everyone because I want people to have the same happiness it's brought me. But especially since you wrestled you may really enjoy it.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    and teaches ? prevention classes to a class of about 15 women. twice a week.

what if aqua came in your class one day?
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    what if aqua came in your class one day?
    live test ?
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    ayo...lead uppercuts.. are ? hard to learn....
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    ayo...lead uppercuts.. are ? hard to learn....
    Lol Those are one my favorite punches to throw
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    WallH wrote: »
    Lol Those are one my favorite punches to throw

? 's slowing down my combos
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I just started taking boxing after weightlifting for so long. Depending on my skill level in the next few years, I might join an amateur team.
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011
    dwade206 wrote: »
    I just started taking boxing after weightlifting for so long. Depending on my skill level in the next few years, I might join an amateur team.

must be nice to be young,,,

:(
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    must be nice to be young,,,

:(

damn right
  • Dupac
    edited January 2011